Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 59 - Southern Illinois 49

I want to understand Tamari Key. How could EVERY ref be "against" her? Why is she so extraordinarily easy to get into foul trouble? Foul problems have been the only thing consistent about her career. Can this ever be fixed or is she just the unluckiest post player in history?

I know we probably should have beat this team by much more--but taking in consideration we didn't have Horsten, Burrell and Key for most of the game, I think it was a good test. They need to learn to play as a team and not depend on one player. There were some bright spots from some of the newbies.

It's clear Tennessee has a lot of learning and lot of growing up to do if they want to be a competitive team in the spring - Rae Burrell's status notwithstanding. They don't seem untalented but there's a lot of questions to answer in a hurry. And you can't shoot 2-15 from three and win a lot of games. You just can't.

Horrible game. Nothing has changed from last year. Zero effort, zero hustle, zero give-a-damn.

I want to understand Tamari Key. How could EVERY ref be "against" her? Why is she so extraordinarily easy to get into foul trouble? Foul problems have been the only thing consistent about her career. Can this ever be fixed or is she just the unluckiest post player in history?
Might be her attitude and body language!!

It's clear Tennessee has a lot of learning and lot of growing up to do if they want to be a competitive team in the spring - Rae Burrell's status notwithstanding. They don't seem untalented but there's a lot of questions to answer in a hurry. And you can't shoot 2-15 from three and win a lot of games. You just can't.
to be fair a lot of threes went all the way down then came back out. it was unreal

Usually when you get outscored 24 to 6 three point shooting you lose. Dye hit some huge shots then Puckett losing this would have ruined the season. Now where do we go from here?
Start by finding out what's the situation with Rae.if she can come back for the start of SEC play, that might work to Tennessee's advantage of the freshmen are called into heavy duty for the OOC portion regardless of the game results.

Mmm

I expected foul trouble for TK this game because of the height differential and how refs usually ref in these types of games
Did not expect Horston to be out
Did not expect Rae to get hurt

This game allowed us to utilize the rest of our team and while you may think the team we played is not up to snuff talent wise.. but they are a team of senior players within a system and we literally played our bench almost the entire game(outside of Dye and Walker) and still won by ten… we have a damn good team. We played without 3 of our top 4 players… give it a rest.

Gritty win.

Very impressed with Miles. Puckett needs to adjust. I liked what I saw from Striplin but Dye was playing so well as was Keyen. Wynn needs to slow down a bit she’s similar to Rae her freshman/sophomore year.

On to the next one! **in my Jay Z voice**

I’ll be interested to hear what some of our more basketball savvy posters have to say but I did want to call out the positive contributions of Miles and Puckett.
I am sick about Rae. What ever it was she was pointing to the back of her knee. Meniscus?

I’m hoping it’s a strained meniscus. I’ve done that before on the takeoff. She did not appear to land on that leg, happened when she jumped like she hyperextended it a bit. Hopeful it’s just a sprain/strain. Rae is pretty flexy 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I’ll be interested to hear what some of our more basketball savvy posters have to say but I did want to call out the positive contributions of Miles and Puckett.
I am sick about Rae. What ever it was she was pointing to the back of her knee. Meniscus?
Meniscus would be awesome compared to what all it could be.

VN Store

Back