Game Thread: (#15/12) Lady Vols 49 - UCF 41

They don't have the size to guard Tamari 1-on-1. If she gets the ball in scoring position, they will have to double her. They're better off denying her the ball and daring the LVs to shoot from outside until they make enough of them to force a change in strategy. You bring up a good point about their pressure defense. They will bring a stingier and more athletic defense than SI did. Walker is not a natural PG and Miles is a freshman. This will be a very good test for them against quality defensive-minded guards.

I agree this will be a good test and hope we win. We will need to keep 6-2 Thomas and 6-3 Kaba off the glass the two get a lot of offensive rebounds.

Walker, Horston, Darby, Dye, Key is my prediction.

I’m going to go with Puckett over Darby. I know that Kellie uses those efficiencies scores and depending on which site you look at Darby’s was either 0 or -3. But if she just based it on those ratings, Miles would be starting. Hers was higher than Puckett

If those 2 are their tallest player Alexus and Keyen should have no problems
I don't think we know yet what any of the newcomers from Tennessee (including Keyen, since she only played a handful of games) can bring to the table against better teams. I think Dye will transition to P5 at a high level, but I was never sold on Keyen and still haven't seen what she can consistently do against the better teams. UCF is middle of the pack here, but dangerous enough that they can't be taken lightly.

I don't think we know yet what any of the newcomers from Tennessee (including Keyen, since she only played a handful of games) can bring to the table against better teams. I think Dye will transition to P5 at a high level, but I was never sold on Keyen and still haven't seen what she can consistently do against the better teams. UCF is middle of the pack here, but dangerous enough that they can't be taken lightly.
Keyen played well vs P5 when we faced West Virginia right before her ACL injury

I’m going to go with Puckett over Darby. I know that Kellie uses those efficiencies scores and depending on which site you look at Darby’s was either 0 or -3. But if she just based it on those ratings, Miles would be starting. Hers was higher than Puckett
I still don't think much can be gleaned from Southern Illinois, no matter how much respect people are trying to throw their way. I think Darby because she's been with the program longer and Kellie will likely give her a chance to prove that she deserves to start. She will probably get the hook quickly though if she continues to be ineffective. I don't see Miles starting alongside Walker and Horston. That's all three PGs on the court at the same time with no one on the bench.

Keyen played well vs P5 when we faced West Virginia right before her ACL injury
Right, that's why I said "consistently". One game is not enough for me to draw a conclusion, unless it's a big time showing against a big time team.

I don’t have a good feeling about this one. UCF is a much better team than SIU.

I'm not picking but I've never seen you have a good feeling. Do you do anything different like maybe say something not controversial or something happy? Just asking for a friend.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm not picking but I've never seen you have a good feeling. Do you do anything different like maybe say something not controversial or something happy? Just asking for a friend.

probably a "game day" poster...doing the mandatory drive-by

I’ve had plenty of positive things to say about football, men’s basketball, and baseball. Because they’ve earned it.

This game will be hand to hand combat. That's just how UCF plays. Key will have to stay cool and out of foul trouble. She will be needed to play close to 30 minutes. Her defense and rebounding alone will mean UT won't have to score that many points to win. First team to 65 wins it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Walker/Horston/Dye/Green/Key

Not sure Dye is a wing but pretty good lineup. I think it is too early to play oneself out of a starting position. Darby should be given sufficient opportunities. Yanking her after the first game (I think) sends the wrong message and can harm shooter confidence. Besides, everyone but Rae kinda stunk it up as well. Walker, Horston, Darby, Key and Dye. Green, Puckett and Wynn the first three off the bench. Everyone plays tonight.

VN Store

Back