Game Thread: (12/8) Lady Vols 53 - (1/1) South Carolina 67

In my honest opinion it felt in a way that we were the lady vols "super bowl" & they played that way. Even missing Horston & Green, if the lady vols played all of their SEC games the way they played fearless against SC yesterday, they would have never lost to Auburn or Alabama. No way. But SC gets everyone's best shot.

In my honest opinion it felt in a way that we were the lady vols "super bowl" & they played that way. Even missing Horston & Green, if the lady vols played all of their SEC games the way they played fearless against SC yesterday, they would have never lost to Auburn or Alabama. No way. But SC gets everyone's best shot.
As does Tennessee

trust me TN understands what getting every teams best shot means... When we lose we hear "this is a good win for this team".

It honestly should be Tennessee & SC battling for the SEC crown each year. I don't give a damn about Mulkey at LSU or that young coach at Florida. Other than a couple loses to Mizzou, Tennessee is the one team who has consistently beaten SC the past few years. Before that we didn't have a prayer of beating the lady vols, & I expect both programs to continue battling for SEC supremacy.

Reactions: travis929
It honestly should be Tennessee & SC battling for the SEC crown each year. I don't give a damn about Mulkey at LSU or that young coach at Florida. Other than a couple loses to Mizzou, Tennessee is the one team who has consistently beaten SC the past few years. Before that we didn't have a prayer of beating the lady vols, & I expect both programs to continue battling for SEC supremacy.
LSU will take a short term step back next season, just because of the way the team is currently put together (bunch of grad transfers and 5th year types). But you better believe that they will recruit with the best going forward and Mulkey is not going to be outcoached by many either. LSU by year 3 of the Mulkey regime will be hell on wheels to deal with.

LSU will take a short term step back next season, just because of the way the team is currently put together (bunch of grad transfers and 5th year types). But you better believe that they will recruit with the best going forward and Mulkey is not going to be outcoached by many either. LSU by year 3 of the Mulkey regime will be hell on wheels to deal with.

Yea im also wondering by year 3 how much tread she will have left on her tires... Also, an important thing to look at for is if her Associate Head Coach takes another job. She is her led recruiter and wants to be a head coach if Kim plans to turn LSU over to her maybe she stays longer but if she wants to leave she will take another step back.

Yea im also wondering by year 3 how much tread she will have left on her tires... Also, an important thing to look at for is if her Associate Head Coach takes another job. She is her led recruiter and wants to be a head coach if Kim plans to turn LSU over to her maybe she stays longer but if she wants to leave she will take another step back.

From what i hear her Associate Head Coach is staying on ? Also they get a little help with the 2022 class coming in #26 pg Flau'jae Johnson and #58 Sa'Myah Smith. But my thinking is Kim is already looking into the portal no Question the portal will be her main target.

From what i hear her Associate Head Coach is staying on ? Also they get a little help with the 2022 class coming in #26 pg Flau'jae Johnson and #58 Sa'Myah Smith. But my thinking is Kim is already looking into the portal no Question the portal will be her main target.
I just hope Johnson is not the Johnson I saw at nike tourney put up 30 shots to score 15 points. I think she ended up shooting 29 percent in that tourney. I'm sure Kim will take some of that errant shooting away or she won't play. Smith could be a factor as a freshman I really like her as a player. Still I think she needs at least five to six in the portal and three or more need to be starter type players.

Reactions: djtee

I don't know about that... she tried to get a head coaching job last year as she was one of the top applicants for the Baylor job. It came down to her and two other applicants. One of which got the job. So if she leaves (which i actually hope she gets a chance to be a HC because i hear she is

I don't doubt she is staying on but i also don't think she wants to be in an Associate HC role and might be looking to make the jump sooner rather than later.

The incoming class will help but losing Pointer, Morris, and Cherry. Not even Flaujaue covering up for that. The other thing is she is losing her other two starters in Newby (leading rebounder) and their center.

All five super senior starters are leaving... that's not just experience but also chemistry as well with the LSU players that were there and Morris who played and started in kim's system. It will be interesting to see how she reigns Flau'jae in for a more team styled basketball... her team this year shares the ball pretty well and she has done better with PGs who can score but dishes more.

The one thing Kim can offer is playing time next season ... and of course coaching from a national championship winning coach

I would hope it would be Tennessee, but I am leaning towards LSU. Just for the simple fact Mulkey seems to be the better recruiter. Neither team will be able to challenge next year unless they hit the lottery in the transfer portal. Tennessee will need top 5 classes over the next few years to keep up with SC. Mulkey has proven she can land elite classes. I like Kelly and I think she is a good coach. The verdict is still out on her recruiting methods/philosophy.

I don't know about that... she tried to get a head coaching job last year as she was one of the top applicants for the Baylor job. It came down to her and two other applicants. One of which got the job. So if she leaves (which i actually hope she gets a chance to be a HC because i hear she is

I don't doubt she is staying on but i also don't think she wants to be in an Associate HC role and might be looking to make the jump sooner rather than later.

The incoming class will help but losing Pointer, Morris, and Cherry. Not even Flaujaue covering up for that. The other thing is she is losing her other two starters in Newby (leading rebounder) and their center.

All five super senior starters are leaving... that's not just experience but also chemistry as well with the LSU players that were there and Morris who played and started in kim's system. It will be interesting to see how she reigns Flau'jae in for a more team styled basketball... her team this year shares the ball pretty well and she has done better with PGs who can score but dishes more.

The one thing Kim can offer is playing time next season ... and of course coaching from a national championship winning coach

I`m just going on what i hear on the Associate HC, Now that can change and she get a HC JOB. Now as for LSU players yes your are 100% correct they will be hit hard after the season when they lose there starting 5. And this is why depth and talent is so important for any team and we saw that on display Sunday No Horston, Green, and after them lack of depth and talent ?

I`m just going on what i hear on the Associate HC, Now that can change and she get a HC JOB. Now as for LSU players yes your are 100% correct they will be hit hard after the season when they lose there starting 5. And this is why depth and talent is so important for any team and we saw that on display Sunday No Horston, Green, and after them lack of depth and talent ?

We will see how depth and talent play against a Ms St team who is also short on numbers this thursday. Should be exciting with the Hayes sisters back on rocky top ... I'm sure their will be all types of eyes on that game

We will see how depth and talent play against a Ms St team who is also short on numbers this thursday. Should be exciting with the Hayes sisters back on rocky top ... I'm sure their will be all types of eyes on that game

True very good post i agree with your post 100%. Our guards need to buckle down because you know the pressure is coming from State guards. So Walker, Miles, Darby, Rae will need to be ready i was surprise SC did not pressure our guards ?.

Unless Tamari gets in foul trouble, I see no way that Tennessee can lose this game no matter what Anastasia Hayes and JerKaila Jordan do. They have 1 player over 6 feet tall, and that's Charlotte Kohl who was at the very end of the bench and is now playing 25 min/game. Her and 5'11 Caterrion Thompson will be the two players trying to guard Key. They can win this game handily by just lobbing the ball into the paint over and over.

Foul trouble will be an issue for MSST no matter how much heart they play with. They just don't have the size to compete with Tennessee.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Unless Tamari gets in foul trouble, I see no way that Tennessee can lose this game no matter what Anastasia Hayes and JerKaila Jordan do. They have 1 player over 6 feet tall, and that's Charlotte Kohl who was at the very end of the bench and is now playing 25 min/game. Her and 5'11 Caterrion Thompson will be the two players trying to guard Key. They can win this game handily by just lobbing the ball into the paint over and over.

Foul trouble will be an issue for MSST no matter how much heart they play with. They just don't have the size to compete with Tennessee.

LOL, let's stop with the no way TN can lose this game. Let's say ... TN SHOULDNT lose this game because of our height and their limited players😅

I'm not nervous about a loss but there are other people on the other side with extra motivation! Although i would have liked to see Annie have a chance to develop under Kellie.

True very good post i agree with your post 100%. Our guards need to buckle down because you know the pressure is coming from State guards. So Walker, Miles, Darby, Rae will need to be ready i was surprise SC did not pressure our guards ?.

Facts... I think you might see some ball pressure but he realizes TN can wear you down so he has to use timeouts wisely and save his players legs. Expect them to try to take it at us and use their quickness.

LOL, let's stop with the no way TN can lose this game. Let's say ... TN SHOULDNT lose this game because of our height and their limited players😅

I'm not nervous about a loss but there are other people on the other side with extra motivation! Although i would have liked to see Annie have a chance to develop under Kellie.
Fine...they shouldn't lose this game unless they aren't smart with the fouls.

I agree that Annie is a damn good player. She's playing better across the board in the SEC than she did at her last team. She's exactly the kind of guard that Tennessee has been missing since...oh, her freshman year. Having said that, I suspect that her super duper motivation will still not be enough to overcome the cards dealt against MSST here.

Reactions: travis929 and djtee
Fine...they shouldn't lose this game unless they aren't smart with the fouls.

I agree that Annie is a damn good player. She's playing better across the board in the SEC than she did at her last team. She's exactly the kind of guard that Tennessee has been missing since...oh, her freshman year. Having said that, I suspect that her super duper motivation will still not be enough to overcome the cards dealt against MSST here.

I say the same thing and it's a shame because it seems like it was a university decision over a coaches one. I wish we would work with kids more on ok you made a mistake let's take the consequence and learn from it.

Not say "you can't return here". I remember Lindsay Harding at Duke was one of the best players in college and she sat out a year and had to work to return to Duke for her final season in which she was a national player of the year. Not every story is going to end up like that but i think under Kellie she could have a difference maker for this team.

I say the same thing and it's a shame because it seems like it was a university decision over a coaches one. I wish we would work with kids more on ok you made a mistake let's take the consequence and learn from it.

Not say "you can't return here". I remember Lindsay Harding at Duke was one of the best players in college and she sat out a year and had to work to return to Duke for her final season in which she was a national player of the year. Not every story is going to end up like that but i think under Kellie she could have a difference maker for this team.
I may have the players mixed up, but wasn't she dismissed because she liked her doobies a little bit too much? Funny how public perception can change so much in 4 short years. In the greater Boston area, you're practically ostracized if you have anything negative to say about marijuana, yet you have players kicked out of programs because they liked to relax with some herbal refreshments. Go figure...

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back