Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols. 72 - Gonzaga. 73

Announcer said timeout Tennessee but I think that got turned into a media timeout. I think Gonzaga then called a 30 we didn't see when commercials were playing. I think that is the exact point we lost track.
Box score says Official Media Timeout and Gonzaga Timeout at 1:57 mark. It would make sense that Gonzaga would call timeout after Tennessee scored to draw up a play. They showed Kellie on the sideline and it looked like she was jumping up and down clapping after Rickea scored, not motioning for a timeout.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Aren't you the guy who thought he uncovered clear proof that the refs are cheating for UConn because you didn't know that the shot clock resets to 20 when a foul is called? I'm sure your coaching/fanbase analytical skill is about as solid as your knowledge of basic basketball game rules.
Notice you didn’t deny that you are a fan of another team. Your post I responded to, was just another effort of yours to try to influence people’s thoughts in a negative way toward Kellie, and your comparison to Holly was ridiculous.

The timeout drama continues ...so we lost only because kellie was lied to about how many time outs we had ? I thought it was because the officiating was terrible ? Or key's play down low was uninspiring ? Until we face the fact that we have a plethora of problems to fix with our team , our staff and the program we are going continue to fall into this abyss of loserville and lose the once prominent prestige of 8 time champions.

The TO discussion is just more curiosity about what the heck happened. Not advancing the ball helped put some things in motion but the LVs had other chance to put the game away.

But who the heck is this "We" who have to face the fact that there are problems to be fixed. Do you seriously think the coaching staff does not know that and is not working on it?

I'm advancing it even if I just have one timeout I will take my chances and I will put in Miles and Powell to be receivers not throwing the ball in.

Okay, on the replay at 1: 57 after Rickea Jackson scored to put the LVs up 4, the announcer goes "Time Out Tennessee" and it looked liked Kellie called the TO.

I think the official record may be wrong and Tennessee did take one. A lot of confusion but I think this may not have been such a big screw-up after all.
So, could you edit post 807?

Wasn't about the end of the game the whole game like you said. In a game this close Refs make a difference because possessions are so much more important.
i ain't saying refs can't make a difference. I have had refs make me so mad I truly wanted to get in a cage with them...They can be downright cold-blooded. But that is a reffing character trait. They have to be coldblooded and emotionless,,,other wise they would be in the stands where the fans are

So, could you edit post 807?

Well, the official score card says it was a media timeout followed by a ZAG TO so the odds are probably more likely the announcer misspoke (not the first time it would have happened) or Kellie thought they call a TO and did not realize that her action corresponded with a media TO. I am now thinking that latter option is the most likely scenario since Kellie seemed quite convinced she only had one left. Nonetheless, the onus remains on the staff to know how many TOs they have.

Well I am going to move on from timeouts. Maybe Coach Jumper can explain to me what the problem is with learning your role on the team.
The way I see it, you have the starters and everyone else on the bench is a role player. Once a player demonstrates she knows the system and the plays, that player can be substituted for a starter. In Kellie's system, Horston, Jackson, and Key are the primary shooters, unless Kellie calls a play for one of the other two. If Justine is substituted for Jackson, she should be of the mentality that she will be expected to play the starter's role and score when the opportunity presents itself, within the system of play. She should not be looking to feed Horston or Key only. Also, Justine should not be of the hero ball persuasion.
If Kellie has not made it clear who the big three are, then that is a correction that needs to be made.
How is not knowing your role a problem today? I have seen this comment many times on this board.

Key is a mystery to me. It almost seems like she is ill,or under the weather so to speak.
Well the coach should be able to determine why she is not performing at the level desired. It is KJH’s responsibility to put the best players on the floor for positive results. That is not the players decision or responsibility. The buck stops with KJH. If I was her I would be trying to figure out how to keep my job. In the viewpoint of a good AD KJH’s job would be on the hot seat, essentially added to her lack of recruiting on the high school level. I love KJH and am a KJH fan, however, if she can’t put this train back on track she needs to be fired.

Reactions: Voluble2
Notice you didn’t deny that you are a fan of another team. Your post I responded to, was just another effort of yours to try to influence people’s thoughts in a negative way toward Kellie, and your comparison to Holly was ridiculous.
I'm not sure why you think that I need to offer you any justification or explanation for your lack of knowledge. There are plenty of posters here I've engaged with over the years on this board and others before it who know who I am. I don't beg for acceptance by newbies. Read the cliff notes somewhere else if you want explanations.

The band from somewhere played Rockey Top and seemed influenced by only the cheering section. A UT cheering section. This only cheering section was loud in booing the referees and cheering the band. Also the UT cheering section was loud in praise for the UT team and loud in chastising actions of Gonzaga players.. The referees were either inadequate or likely influenced by the atmosphere created by the band and cheering section and retaliated. Can fairness be assumed in the other worldly Bahamas for referees of unknown source and quality, etc?

I'm advancing it even if I just have one timeout I will take my chances and I will put in Miles and Powell to be receivers not throwing the ball in.
I don't think you can advance the ball with a timeout given the ball was knocked out of bounds. That was my understanding of why they couldn't advance. Even if Kellie burned another timeout, I don't think the rules would have permitted it.

Reactions: glv98
I'm not sure why you think that I need to offer you any justification or explanation for your lack of knowledge. There are plenty of posters here I've engaged with over the years on this board and others before it who know who I am. I don't beg for acceptance by newbies. Read the cliff notes somewhere else if you want explanations.
You post like a troll on the Lady Vol threads, I will shine a spotlight on you.

His point is the CKJH is being given a longer leash than Holly was. I might disagree with him there, but that's the subject under consideration. Btw, Horston and Key made their initial commitments while Holly was coach. Certainly there are issues with this team that are disconcerting (Their current level of play and recruiting are two of them). Would you agree that you can be a true LV fan, while still expressing your concern for the direction the team is going in ?

Higher standards for Holly in the sense that we were all complaining that she was "only" getting to the E8 instead of the FF. Of course, none of that mattered after her last trip to the E8 because the wheels came off quickly after that. Probably accurate to say that none of us would be complaining if Kellie "only" got to the E8, and that's what I meant by a longer leash. Expectations have changed from when Holly took over vs. when Kellie did.

There was a timeout at 54 to 54 but that could've been a media timeout. I hope they didn't count a media timeout as a timeout against us on our bench.
The scoreboard showed UT with all 4 of their timeouts at the 2 minute mark of the fourth quarter, nobody took any timeouts away from anyone.

Could someone post the complete game, or at least the second half, or maybe the last 5 minutes...The highlights don't show what everyone is confused over..

Only highlights are currently available GT, the full game will get posted eventually. The highlight video clearly shows both teams had 4 to’s left at the 2:00 mark of 4th qtr, and from there just look at the game notes to see who called a TO and when. UT had one left at end of the game.

Talking about fouls, with 3 seconds left Powell pulled a Zag player to the ground from behind that was going for the rebound that wasn’t called. Just trying to be fair minded. The over and back non call was pretty obvious IMO.

Also interesting that Ket was not in the game near the end of play. She may have prevented a couple close in shots by the Zags the last minute of the game. On the play where Horston flopped and the play where the zag center missed a close shot but got the rebound for a lay up.

Last edited:
When one is in the Bahama's, everyone is on Caribbean Time.

Too much stress involved with keeping up with time, timeouts, time-ins, blah blah blah.

One happy island!
Sounds like you’ve been there. Trying to accomplish any task down there on a schedule is impossible, mahn…

Reactions: Jax_Vol

VN Store

Back