Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols. 72 - Gonzaga. 73

I owe you an apology. It seems that the LVs had all four timeouts going down the stretch. The TV announcer said that the LVs used their last time-out when they were setting up their final in bound play so he got confused too, as apparently Kellie did. Strange.
Something about an action of a player cost a timeout don't know what that meant to this day.

Reactions: Lucy
This is correct we did not take 1 timeout in the 3rd and we had two left when we did not advance the ball for some "Unknown Factual reason" per Kellie. I still need a definite explanation because the presser did not clear anything for me as to why we did not advance that ball before the horston travel call up 1.

The "unknown factual reason" is actually known. Franklin attempted to pass the ball which was kicked out of bounds by the Gonzaga player, then Tennessee took the TO. By rule, that kick play meant there was not an automatic advancement to half court on the timeout

Well then the Refs cheated us out of one is the only other option cause we had none left when she took the one at 12 seconds.

So, the play by play shows that the LVs took their first time out with 40 seconds left in the 4th quarter. All timeouts before that are listed as media or Gonzaga. I really can't figure how the staff would miscount their timeouts. Something is literally not adding up.

When? That's all I ask.
I thought we took one when we had that big lead and they tied it up not for sure anymore cause were only credited with three and Gonzaga took four and there were three media timeouts. We'll just say your right we had one left cause I was listening to the announcers and Kellie at end of the game they could both definitely be wrong. I thought she called them over at 54 to 54 but game was a trainwreck of officiating so would have to watch and if not there then a lot of people were wrong that shouldn't have been.

So, the play by play shows that the LVs took their first time out with 40 seconds left in the 4th quarter. All timeouts before that are listed as media or Gonzaga. I really can't figure how the staff would miscount their timeouts. Something is literally not adding up.
Have no idea anymore just took the word of the people calling the game and Kellie after the game. Either they are all wrong, the boxscore is wrong, or something else happened that hasn't been explained. Cause when they asked Kellie there was an action by a player was what she said so we were down to one timeout evidently need a new timeout keeper on the bench or something we don't know.

There was a timeout at 54 to 54 but that could've been a media timeout. I hope they didn't count a media timeout as a timeout against us on our bench.

I thought we took one when we had that big lead and they tied it up not for sure anymore cause were only credited with three and Gonzaga took four and there were three media timeouts. We'll just say your right we had one left cause I was listening to the announcers and Kellie at end of the game they could both definitely be wrong. I thought she called them over at 54 to 54 but game was a trainwreck of officiating so would have to watch and if not there then a lot of people were wrong that shouldn't have been.
Just watched that sequence. No timeout called there by anybody.

The play by play shows the 51 to 51 tie (where the Zags erased the 9 pt lead) happened with 1:42 left in the 3rd quarter and no timeouts were taken.

Reactions: Volfan2012
So we have to believe that our staff and the announcers of the game were wrong certainly appears that way to me.

Could someone post the complete game, or at least the second half, or maybe the last 5 minutes...The highlights don't show what everyone is confused over..

Reactions: Raebo
The "unknown factual reason" is actually known. Franklin attempted to pass the ball which was kicked out of bounds by the Gonzaga player, then Tennessee took the TO. By rule, that kick play meant there was not an automatic advancement to half court on the timeout
Seems that was only our second timeout though so we could've used another to advance and still had one?

Here is what was said at the press conference. Four minute mark

That quote is why I was originally so adamant (and wrongly so) in my response to OrangeManiac. It appears Kellie and staff lost track of how many timeouts they had. In the grand scheme, this will all be forgotten soon enough but that is an inexplicable error if indeed it was made.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
That quote is why I was originally so adamant (and wrongly so) in my response to OrangeManiac. It appears Kellie and staff lost track of how many timeouts they had. In the grand scheme, this will all be forgotten soon enough but that is an inexplicable error if indeed it was made.
Same here and the announcers of the game took upon it as well. That was a great find by OrangManiac and looks like a huge mistake by our staff.

Seems that was only our second timeout though so we could've used another to advance and still had one?

Yes, that appears to be the case. Mistakes happen but this is a major gaffe. I am hoping that the refs or the scorer table gave her the wrong info. I still can't process a coaching staff not knowing the number of TOs they had available.

VN Store

Back