Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

3rd game in our first 5 giving up 79 or more

I can’t recall us ever even coming close to that lousy of a Defense.

And we don’t even have an offense either.

5 alarm fire

Reactions: JBB1985
I looks bad. She's putting herself on the hot seat. It might be as bad as it looks. It might not be. But It's only mid-November. Lots of ball to play yet. Let's let the season play out and see what happens before coming to conclusions. As someone posted earlier - one of Pat's NC teams lost 10 games.

True. Actually, 4 of Pat’s teams that went to the Final Four or better, had 10 losses.

This team's play easily earns a rank in the Top 150 teams in the country .....maybe as high as 149 .

This is another issue. Our talent alone means teams like Rutgers we can still crush and our sunshine pumpers will use that to hang on to the KJH delusion for as long as they can.

Reactions: Voluble2 and ttharp
I think we will which honestly I don’t like cause I’d happily take a season without a tournament if it means we get a competent coach

I would absolutely hate it for Rickea, who hasn’t even played in an NCAA tournament due to COVID (her first year), and incompetent coaching the next two.

UT 5th game and went back to check and here are the rebound totals for Key. 3, 3, 3, 3, and 9. Something is off with her this early part of the season. She almost averaged 10 last season. Obviously the blame isn't on just 1 player and shouldn't be. These numbers are mind boggling though. Hollingshead played what 4 or 5 minutes and had 2 shot attempts, while Key just 1. Pisses me off knowing talent is on this team, yet isn't being fully utilized. Run a damn offense Kellie and Co.!!

We can complain and throw KJH and staff under the bus but this team is not where it needs to be and appears to be a major disappointment. It just makes me sad to see this happen to a once proud program. I love the Lady Vols and it really hurts to see them in this position. Hopefully they can win the third place game.

I looks bad. She's putting herself on the hot seat. It might be as bad as it looks. It might not be. But It's only mid-November. Lots of ball to play yet. Let's let the season play out and see what happens before coming to conclusions. As someone posted earlier - one of Pat's NC teams lost 10 games.
I don’t think I’m going to be placing any bets on this team to win it all.

Reactions: lfvol
UT will not finish in the top half of the SEC and will be lucky to get in the tournament

Brian always shoots straight. He’s a good dude and I’m glad he got the job.
Me too! I was listen only the last two days and I enjoyed his calls. Well not so much today but not his fault.
Just here waiting for all the defend this crap until the end fans. This is Holly 2.0
What are you waiting on them for? To say "I told you so" a few million more times? Yes, you all knew this would happen. Congratulations. Do you really think anyone is going to "defend" the current play? The answer is no. Are we going to have to watch you guys,' end zone dance for 2 or 3 more years? Because that's how long til any change would be made, unless KJH voluntarily moves on.

I wishcast that she could still knit this team together. However, my concern is not just the losing, though I don't love that, but how we're losing. Our continuing ability to stink the gym up for entire games is alarming. Zero consistency.

This team has a lot of flaws, they aren’t as talented as u think.

Apparently we weren’t the only ones.

UT was ranked #4 to start the season.

UT was picked by coaches to finish 2nd in the SEC, Horston and Key were preseason SEC first team, with Jackson second team.

Key, Franklin, Jackson and Horston were selected to preseason award watch lists for their positions.

According to media and coaches, talent isn’t the issue. I value their opinion more than yours.

We can complain and throw KJH and staff under the bus but this team is not where it needs to be and appears to be a major disappointment. It just makes me sad to see this happen to a once proud program. I love the Lady Vols and it really hurts to see them in this position. Hopefully they can win the third place game.
Tomorrow's game will be an indicator if there's any pride left on this team. Or if they're just going to be playing out the games.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am with you Teacher but the odds are against it with all the reasons posted in this thread.That just not portend an over -nite turnaround

Apparently we weren’t the only ones.

UT was ranked #4 to start the season.

UT was picked by coaches to finish 2nd in the SEC, Horston and Key were preseason SEC first team, with Jackson second team.

Key, Franklin, Jackson and Horston were selected to preseason award watch lists for their positions.

According to media and coaches, talent isn’t the issue. I value their opinion more than yours.
Key isn’t really that good at all, she’s 6’6 but doesn’t really do anything to change the game. Rickea and Jordan yes but that’s about it. Name a player that can create their own shot besides Jordan and Rickea?

So far this has been a terrible weekend for Tennessee athletics. I wonder how many stomach ulcers developed during the men's basketball and football and the women's basketball games? 🥹

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just stfu, if I was I wouldn’t be complaining! I said what I said, move along!
Wow. This is a message board. Back and forth is what message boards are all about. You don't agree that's fine, but your language and attitude should get you banned..imo
Our defense is that bad. These teams get open looks.
Our player of the game. Marta. 7 points 4 rebounds...how sad

UT 5th game and went back to check and here are the rebound totals for Key. 3, 3, 3, 3, and 9. Something is off with her this early part of the season. She almost averaged 10 last season. Obviously the blame isn't on just 1 player and shouldn't be. These numbers are mind boggling though. Hollingshead played what 4 or 5 minutes and had 2 shot attempts, while Key just 1. Pisses me off knowing talent is on this team, yet isn't being fully utilized. Run a damn offense Kellie and Co.!!
Something is up with Key, she doesn’t look motivated at all this year, completely different player from last year.

That is ridiculous TK is suppose to be a game changer on the boards. KJH has to put some fire under her or sat her on the bench.

It's too late for Key, she is a senior now. The player must have the DESIRE to fight for rebounds. Key doesn't have it. Tallest player on the court with 3 rebounds.

Key isn’t really that good at all, she’s 6’6 but doesn’t really do anything to change the game. Rickea and Jordan yes but that’s about it. Name a player that can create their own shot besides Jordan and Rickea?

Those are the only two on our team who can create their own shots. A good coach could put those 2 with role players, develop a system and create a cohesive team. Look at other top 25 teams. You don’t need a team full of players who can create their own shots to be successful.

VN Store

Back