Game thoughts

Rickyvol77

1) the crowd was electric all night. The light show was creative and pretty neat to see.
2) I will give credit to Ole Miss for switching up their defensive game plan constantly. They covered for holes in their line with different schemes and frankly we missed Evans and the Mays boys throughout. We did some better adjustments in 2nd half at times but ole miss took advantage of our patchwork OL
3) once again CJH and the team never gave up and fought back time and time again to try to win. I am so proud of how hard this team fights and is in every game tooth and nail
4) penalties cost us some but the worst was the one on the drive that led to the missed FG if we hit that one, we only need a FG from 20 us line to win at the end
5) Kiffin’s coaching as usual was pretty mediocre. He is a great OC but if he didn’t have Corral who is amazing runner he would’ve been toast. Corral was simply quicker than our LBs even when we tried to spy and the refs missed several holds on the outside especially from their WRs.
6) the refs were awful again. When are we EVER gonna get a call bounce our way? The strip for TD called back was awful and not the rule. They didn’t even want to call the safety till they were forced too. We had two 4th and 1s they refused to even review but let ole miss run a play and get stuffed and then review one. While I do think the 4th and 27 pass was a half yard short. Ask yourselves if Bama and UGA needed it would it have been called differently?
7) Kiffin and his players taunting the crowd was bad but what really got everyone’s blood boiling and what really led to the bottle throwing was the fake injuries. Every 3rd down the 2nd half that UT was moving it was a clear fake injury which gave Kiffin and coaches a clear time out situation to set up what defense they wanted. It worked more often than not and truly that was the difference in the game. It was classless and showed what we knew. Kiffin is douche bag loser who covers up his weaknesses with BS antics and tactics
8) the bottle throwing shouldn’t have happened but the pearl clutching is stupid as well. It was literally 30-40 drunk UT students with a couple of rednecks thrown in. Move on it’s over, and no I don’t care what the media says. And say what you will, the recruits there last night who saw the whole game will love the fans have their back no matter what in those situations
8) I truly believe we might have won if Hooker didn’t get injured. I hope he’s ok because we clearly need him. Milton needs to never play another snap again. That was a Randy Sanders as QB against Miss sT level dumb play. He avoided a ONE man rush basically and panicked and then ran out. Jesus throw it up, lateral it, anything. I pray for Hooker’s return soon
9) I’m still impressed with the job this coaching staff is doing this year with what they have. They were so close to being 6-1 but win or lose these next few weeks anybody can see how well prepared and how hard the team fights
10) we are still going to beat UK.

The staff certainly deserves praise, but we can't keep taking halfs/quarters off.

This was the 100th ranked defense (with games against Louisville, Austin Peay and Tulane on their schedule).

You can't take the majority of the first half off and hope to win.

I'm far from a coach, but by the end of the first quarter I was screaming for us to:

#1 Tell Hooker to stop going through all his reads, take one look and then go (at least for a while)

#2 Make some type of adjustment on Corral's up the middle runs.

It took a while, but #1 finally happened in the 2nd half. #2 never happened.

Again, I like the job this staff has done, Pruitt loses this game by 30. But they really need to clean a few things up.

Good take. We knew Ole Miss was going to move the ball and score. I’m not very smart but I predicted it when I said we needed a few stops from the defense to put us in a position to win. We got those and unfortunately couldn’t capitalize. In fact, the biggest defensive stop resulted in 6 points which was stolen from us by the refs. That was the ballgame in retrospect.

No excuse for the bottle throwing, but if the fans were going to go crazy on the officials it would’ve been better after the scoop and score was called back as that play was a clear garbage decision. Would’ve liked to have seen Hooker keeping it and running earlier in the game. Impressed with what CJH has done.

I mentioned in another thread, my only knock is that Heupel should’ve been going crazy Saban style after that scoop and score reversal. Refs are human and can be intimidated. Not saying they would’ve changed the call, but it sets the tone that we aren’t tolerating anymore garbage calls the rest of the game.

Good overview and great point on the safety. You could tell they were trying to find any excuse to not call the safety. I’ve never seen a group of refs debate on an obvious safety that long. They finally had to concede
It was inexcusable. If it is intentional grounding- safety. And illegal touch in the end zone- safety. Two things happened clearly on the play to call the safety and those f***sticks tried to get out of calling either.

Not sure if it was visible on TV, but there were multiple occasions where they could not figure out how to spot the ball after penalties or changes of possession. These refs have been suspended, reprimanded, centers of controversy multiple times and are still employed. It's insane.

1) the crowd was electric all night. The light show was creative and pretty neat to see.
2) I will give credit to Ole Miss for switching up their defensive game plan constantly. They covered for holes in their line with different schemes and frankly we missed Evans and the Mays boys throughout. We did some better adjustments in 2nd half at times but ole miss took advantage of our patchwork OL
3) once again CJH and the team never gave up and fought back time and time again to try to win. I am so proud of how hard this team fights and is in every game tooth and nail
4) penalties cost us some but the worst was the one on the drive that led to the missed FG if we hit that one, we only need a FG from 20 us line to win at the end
5) Kiffin’s coaching as usual was pretty mediocre. He is a great OC but if he didn’t have Corral who is amazing runner he would’ve been toast. Corral was simply quicker than our LBs even when we tried to spy and the refs missed several holds on the outside especially from their WRs.
6) the refs were awful again. When are we EVER gonna get a call bounce our way? The strip for TD called back was awful and not the rule. They didn’t even want to call the safety till they were forced too. We had two 4th and 1s they refused to even review but let ole miss run a play and get stuffed and then review one. While I do think the 4th and 27 pass was a half yard short. Ask yourselves if Bama and UGA needed it would it have been called differently?
7) Kiffin and his players taunting the crowd was bad but what really got everyone’s blood boiling and what really led to the bottle throwing was the fake injuries. Every 3rd down the 2nd half that UT was moving it was a clear fake injury which gave Kiffin and coaches a clear time out situation to set up what defense they wanted. It worked more often than not and truly that was the difference in the game. It was classless and showed what we knew. Kiffin is douche bag loser who covers up his weaknesses with BS antics and tactics
8) the bottle throwing shouldn’t have happened but the pearl clutching is stupid as well. It was literally 30-40 drunk UT students with a couple of rednecks thrown in. Move on it’s over, and no I don’t care what the media says. And say what you will, the recruits there last night who saw the whole game will love the fans have their back no matter what in those situations
8) I truly believe we might have won if Hooker didn’t get injured. I hope he’s ok because we clearly need him. Milton needs to never play another snap again. That was a Randy Sanders as QB against Miss sT level dumb play. He avoided a ONE man rush basically and panicked and then ran out. Jesus throw it up, lateral it, anything. I pray for Hooker’s return soon
9) I’m still impressed with the job this coaching staff is doing this year with what they have. They were so close to being 6-1 but win or lose these next few weeks anybody can see how well prepared and how hard the team fights
10) we are still going to beat UK.

Agree, but not so sure about beating UK. I hope Im wrong.

I am a Josh Huepel fan now. He is getting more out of these players than any of the Post Fulmer coaches except for one other that will remain nameless.

I hope he can use last night to get more good players into this madhouse.

Kiffin set off to ruin this game with flops. No accountability and nothing can be done so he told his players to fall down to stop our momentum. It pissed off the crowed. Mix in poor officiating and then taunting our fans it culminated with what happened. He is a horses ass!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I am a Josh Huepel fan now. He is getting more out of these players than any of the Post Fulmer coaches except for one other that will remain nameless.

I hope he can use last night to get more good players into this madhouse.
If he can't use last night to boost recruiting, then we're in trouble recruiting wise.

My problem with last night was Tim Banks getting schooled by Kiffin. I also don't think Huepel called a very good game. Just my opinions

My problem with last night was Tim Banks getting schooled by Kiffin. I also don't think Huepel called a very good game. Just my opinions

Having LB's spy on the Corral was a bad move. He is too quick and fast, Don't know who can cover that guy but it is clear who cannot, LB's.

Corral beat us, not the zebras. When a QB runs for 200 yards odds are you lose.
Not sure. He could have thrown all over us, but we kept him pretty well contained in that department. I think erring on that side is the better bet and it could easily have worked. Also not sure how you can say the refs didn’t beat us. They literally took away a TD which ended up being more than the margin of the game

Not sure. He could have thrown all over us, but we kept him pretty well contained in that department. I think erring on that side is the better bet and it could easily have worked. Also not sure how you can say the refs didn’t beat us. They literally took away a TD which ended up being more than the margin of the game
I agree with the strip score taken away. We simply could not stop the QB draw.

He passed for 231 and rushed for 195. I don't think we contained him. I remember the commentators saying that the "scoop" type play was not reviewable. WTH?

He passed for 231 and rushed for 195. I don't think we contained him. I remember the commentators saying that the "scoop" type play was not reviewable. WTH?
Lowest completion percentage of the season, second fewest passing yards and only INT. I think we did well containing him in the air. Seemed to me like it was almost part of their strategy to keep him on the ground in front of them and not let him air it out. Granted I think they’d like to go a better job from giving up big runs but overall I thought it was a decent strategy. Giving up 31 points to that offense and 7 of those were because of a fumble and a gimme

Reactions: 12 Monkeys

VN Store

Back