Game room arcade console

A Pi would probably work, but I would look at getting a refurb system with a decent older video card.

Just think based on the output and rendering capabilities, it would be better.

If you wanted to do it a bit cheaper you can get a 1UP Street Fighter cabinet from Walmart for $100-$250 (some stores clearance them quicker than others). That will give a cabinet with 2 joysticks with 6 buttons.

Lots of tutorials showing you how to replace the included board with a Pi. Throw a couple emulators on there and you are good to go.

If you wanted to do it a bit cheaper you can get a 1UP Street Fighter cabinet from Walmart for $100-$250 (some stores clearance them quicker than others). That will give a cabinet with 2 joysticks with 6 buttons.

Lots of tutorials showing you how to replace the included board with a Pi. Throw a couple emulators on there and you are good to go.
They are small, though. I think I'm wanting to go big. I have some extra computers I'm replacing from work that should run fine with Windows.

I'm also looking at custom vinyl graphics. Any idea where I could get a HQ image of running through the T with the checkerboard stadium?

I built a retro console with a Rasberry Pi a couple of years ago. It's not an arcade cabinet but it should work for that purpose too. It works great for MAME and anything from the 16 bit era and before. Some of the games from the PS1 era and after are a bit buggy though. There are plenty of how to tutorials on it. The hardest part will be finding an arcade stick that's compatible.

VN Store

Back