Game Ratings, game blog recap

Try and count the make-up calls from the officials.

I have noticed they have become more trendy this year... Albeit a disturbing trend.

But while you're at it...rate the officiating from each game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Good idea L4three. Don't know how you would be able to guage that, but a great idea.

Good idea L4three. Don't know how you would be able to guage that, but a great idea.

I'd be willing to help him out. Most likely on a scale of 10...I would rank the NCAA officials this year at around a -500.

It's not just UT games...all year I have watched some terrible officiating.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's pretty difficult to rate officiating, and, like your post says about all ncaa officiating being poor this year, it all kinda evens out anyhow.

There is perhaps nothing more tireless than to hear a fan's carping about how their team got jobbed by poor officiating.

Refs are consistently fallible, and that's worth at least something.

That's pretty difficult to rate officiating, and, like your post says about all ncaa officiating being poor this year, it all kinda evens out anyhow.

There is perhaps nothing more tireless than to hear a fan's carping about how their team got jobbed by poor officiating.

Refs are consistently fallible, and that's worth at least something.

It would be hard to grade, because officiating is mostly opinion anyway.

However, what gets me is not only the bad calls, but the makeup calls on the next trip down the floor. The makeup calls coupled with the near impossible task of finding an official who will be consistent for 40 minutes is a serious black-eye on the college basketball game.

Agreed. I don't normally like to harp on officiating, but the officiating has been terribly inconsistent and just plain bad this year...........for and against us. The South Carolina game had 3 instances that I remember where we showed a ball fake and drove to the basket. In each case, the referee called walking. Two of those shown on the overhead showed they were nowhere near walking. Very puzzling what they think they are seeing.

Tell you what, I'll rate the officials based on which team I think got the most help, and to what extend on a scale of 1 to 10

Like the South Carolina game, I would say "Officiating: South Carolina plus-3.''

(I know, strange that USC got the calls in Thompson-Boling Arena, but I think they did)
Does that work?

College games are being officiated more like the NBA everyday. Which is why they are harder to watch.

Tell you what, I'll rate the officials based on which team I think got the most help, and to what extend on a scale of 1 to 10

Like the South Carolina game, I would say "Officiating: South Carolina plus-3.''

(I know, strange that USC got the calls in Thompson-Boling Arena, but I think they did)
Does that work?

Yes, that would be interesting............go for it.

VN Store

Back