Game by Game Predictions

Man we have some delusional fans. 4 losses would be a success with the defense we have.

Pitt, LSU, USC, UK, and UF could all be toss up games.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Man we have some delusional fans. 4 losses would be a success with the defense we have.

Absolutely they are .Some of these fans don’t realize how bad our defense will be this season and that we will be in alot of shoot outs and toss up games. With our defense we could easily go 6-6 we got some fans on here predicting 10-2 lol

We do delusional as well as anyone.
My prediction:
3-5 in SEC , wins over SCe Vandy, and Missouri
3-1 in OOC, wins over teams we should not even be playing.
The SEC is big boy football, you can't win without a talented roster, a decent defense, and quality depth, none of which we have.
Three SEC wins is very cornbreadish, I hope the people throwing money at our NIL program do not get discouraged with the results of the 2022 season. Pretty it will not be.
If the injury bug stings us hard it could get really ugly.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
My predictions ran through my simulator:

Ball St 95%

@Pitt 65%

Akron 99%

Florida 50%

@ LSU 55%

Alabama 10%

UT-Martin 99%

Kentucky 55%

@Georgia 15%

Missouri 75%

@South Carolina 65%

@Vanderbilt 90%

7.7 Wins
4.3 Losses

Most likely outcomes:
10-2 8%
9-3 21%
8-4 28%
7-5 24%

6-6 13%
5-7 4%

Make bowl game: 95%

Absolutely they are .Some of these fans don’t realize how bad our defense will be this season and that we will be in alot of shoot outs and toss up games. With our defense we could easily go 6-6 we got some fans on here predicting 10-2 lol
We had a nationally average (just slightly above) defense in Y1.

I do worry about lost secondary pieces, but our pass rush should improve, along with being in Y2. Hopefully we can hold serve.

If we can just hold steady on defense we'll be fine. We were just 2 bad calls last year from winning 10 games instead of 8.

Our schedule looks better too. We're predicted as a 7 pt favorite over LSU and no way Pitt has B2B greatest seasons in a generation. Pitt and Ole Miss were top 10 caliber teams last year, plus UF still had Mullen. Napier isn't half the Xs and Os coach Mullen was, though he still has talent...he's more of a Mcelwain guy...very beatable. The schedule is setting up nicely.

We had a nationally average (just slightly above) defense in Y1.

I do worry about lost secondary pieces, but our pass rush should improve, along with being in Y2. Hopefully we can hold serve.

If we can just hold steady on defense we'll be fine. We were just 2 bad calls last year from winning 10 games instead of 8.

Our schedule looks better too. We're predicted as a 7 pt favorite over LSU and no way Pitt has B2B greatest seasons in a generation. Pitt and Ole Miss were top 10 caliber teams last year, plus UF still had Mullen. Napier isn't half the Xs and Os coach Mullen was, though he still has talent...he's more of a Mcelwain guy...very beatable. The schedule is setting up nicely.
Who won 8 last year??
You counting a moral victory as a win ?
Coulda, shoulda , woulda my butt.

We do delusional as well as anyone.
My prediction:
3-5 in SEC , wins over SCe Vandy, and Missouri
3-1 in OOC, wins over teams we should not even be playing.
The SEC is big boy football, you can't win without a talented roster, a decent defense, and quality depth, none of which we have.
Three SEC wins is very cornbreadish, I hope the people throwing money at our NIL program do not get discouraged with the results of the 2022 season. Pretty it will not be.
If the injury bug stings us hard it could get really ugly.
I got us 7-5 or 8-4. I think we lose 4 or 5 SEC games but beat Pitt. We can’t ever beat Florida no matter who the coach is so that’s a L until something changes and Bama and Georgia are on another level they will beat us again by 21 plus points. We haven’t beat LSU since 2005 and the game is at Baton Rouge and they are rebuilding but still are considerably more talented than us so that’s another loss. I can see us dropping one to South Carolina on the road who will be much improved or Kentucky who will be a top 15 team preseason. We simply don’t have the depth or talent on defense and special teams to win 9 regular season games and post a winning record in league play. I’m not sold on Tim Banks either think he’s a bad DC. Start preordering your MCB tickets now.

Last edited:
I got us 7-5 or 8-4. I think we lose 4 or 5 SEC games but beat Pitt. We can’t ever beat Florida no matter who the coach is so that’s a L until something changes and Bama and Georgia are on another level they will beat us again by 21 plus points. We haven’t beat LSU since 2005 and the game is at Baton Rouge and they are rebuilding but still have considerably more talented than us so that’s another loss. I can see us dropping one to South Carolina on the road who will be much improved or Kentucky who will be a top 15 team preseason. We simply don’t have the depth or talent on defense and special teams to win 9 regular season games and post a winning record in league play. I’m not sold on Tim Banks either think he’s a bad DC. Start preordering your MCB tickets now.
If I go back to another MCB I will carry golf balls and French's.
And bail money.

VN Store

Back