Game 2 Ut-usc Game Thread

After UT loaded the bases in the 4th, Carolina starter Honeycutt got out of the jam with a fly ball to center.

Carolina went down in order in the top of the 5th. UT at bat here in the 5th and still leading, 3-1.

If you'd like to listen to the game for free online, click on the link. (It is the USC broadcast, but it's free).

Yahoo! Sports College Broadcast

Tennessee threatening to break it open here in the 5th. Up 4-1 with runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

Honeycutt struck out the leadoff batter only to walk the next two. Delmonico doubled to left center to plate the 4th run for the Vols.

Wow! Honeycutt walks another Tennesse batter to load the bases. Chad Maddox then grounded into a 3-2-3 double play to end the inning.

To say that Honeycutt is laboring on the mound would be an understatement. He just got a gift, wrapped with a bow on top from the defense.

Just a quick note that I thought was kind of funny. Evidently there was a very nice fireworks display after the game last night. The post game show sounded like it was being broadcast from a fox hole right under a machine gun nest.

Carolina 1st baseman Justin Smoak just hit a 404 foot sacrifice fly to center field.

4-2 Vols. Carolina has runners at the corners with 1 out.

Honeycutt out, Curtis Johnson in for the Gamecocks. Curtis Johnson, affectionately known as Cujo, is looking pretty good.

After plunking the leadoff batter in the top of the 8th, Arencibia picked the runner off 1st. Of course, Carolina promptly hit a home run that would have tied the game. Instead it's 4-3. That may prove to be the play of the game.

2 outs in the bottom of the 8th now with a runner at 2nd. UT leads it 4-3.

Jeff Lockwood is now on the mound attempting to close it out for the Vols. He has 5 saves on the year.

However, whatscares me most is that he warmed up on the mound to part of the soundtrack from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

1st up for Carolina, fly out to left. 2nd up, base hit to left. 3rd up a noisy fly out to the warning track in left.

2 outs, runner at first, with Harley Lail at the plate for the Gamecocks.

No doubt about it! I am very nervous about tomorrow. For some reason, we don't seem to play as well on Sunday's , but we are going to have to tomorrow if we don't want our season to end after next weekend, but at least our guys fought back after a tough loss last night, and put themselves in a position to win the series.

GO VOLS!!!!!

I'm not sure why they left the starter in so long...USC's closer played a lot better. Honeycutt or whoever was throwing out garbage the last 2 1/2 innings he pitched.

That kid with the 2 homeruns can flat-out bat.

Arencebia was the difference for UT tonight. HUGE out getting the guy at 1st and another at 2nd. Those are the kind of plays that make him an all-american.

VN Store

Back