Gaines has entered the portal

Will definitely be able to set the time CKE wants to establish and lead by example with energy. A great decision for Ticket. I’ll be curious as to how he develops.

Vols are too guard rich for him at this point.

A great decision for Ticket. I’ll be curious as to how he develops.

Gaines had a career high 17 rebounds tonight against St. Louis University. He leads George Mason in rebounding w/an average of 8.2 RPG which is second highest in the Atlantic 10. He's also fourth in scoring w/11.2 PPG, and tied for 2nd in minutes per game at 31.3.

Biggest surprise though? He's the team leader in 3PT% having hit 47.5% of his shots on 59 attempts. That's a sizeable jump up from 0% on 0 attempts last year.

Last edited:
Watched him play against Saint Louis U last week. He had the defensive assignment against SLU's leading scorer Gibson Jimerson. Great game SLU won in double OT and their PG Yuri Collins had 35 points (including winning hoop) along with 13 assists.

Watched him play against Saint Louis U last week. He had the defensive assignment against SLU's leading scorer Gibson Jimerson. Great game SLU won in double OT and their PG Yuri Collins had 35 points (including winning hoop) along with 13 assists.

Going into that game, Jimerson was actually the A-10's leading scorer and is currently 4th averaging 17.4 PPG. He was held to just 8 points in that game where Ticket was covering him, which was a double-overtime, and I believe didn't score again after the first half.

Reactions: walkenvol
He 17 pts 9 rbs in a close loss at Richmond tonight

Missed a layup in that one that might have helped win it.

Fun fact, Richmond won that one w/a 3-pointer at the buzzer by Jacob Gilyard, a fifth year Senior. When Gilyard was being recruited, his top choice was Tulsa to play for an Assistant Coach named Kim English, who ultimately encouraged him to go to Richmond for his own best interests.

Years ago, Kim English 'told' Jacob Gilyard to pick UR. Monday, Gilyard beat English's Patriots with a 3.

Out of Kansas City, Mo., the 5-foot-9 Gilyard was being evaluated by Tulsa, where English was on staff.

“I was pretty dead-set on going to play for Kim at Tulsa,” said Gilyard. “He called me when I was maybe a junior or senior (in high school) … He said it wasn’t probably best for me to go to Tulsa for my basketball career.

“We talked a little bit later. I had my choices down to Richmond and Missouri State. He told me I should go to Richmond. Yeah, he told me to go to Richmond. It was his decision.

“We talked about it. It was a pretty long phone call. And then after I committed, he was pretty happy. He thought it was best for me and, ultimately, I’ve done pretty well here I’d like to think.”

Speaking of transfers, Drew Pember had 41 points and 11 rebounds a few games ago. Both of those guys have had really solid years so far.

Good mid major player that can develop. I doubt he’d ever scored 41 pts here if he stayed his entire career

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back