'19 GA WR Ramel Keyton (Tennessee signee)

6_4817537.JPG

Ramel Keyton

4* player, 6'2" 180lbs., WR, high school sophomore,
Marietta High School, Marietta, GA,
Class of 2019

Stats: Ramel Keyton's (Marietta, GA) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Receiving 2016 Season: 77 catches, 1347 yards, 7 TD, 17.5 avg., 1 rushing TD, 11 games

#33rd ranked WR & #217th ranked recruit overall in the 2019 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Scout

UT has offered along with App State & Syracuse at this time: recruiting tweets only - *no discussion* (media/players/coaches only)
UT offered on 12-6-16. Zach Azzani is assigned to this recruit from UT.

Last edited by a moderator:
[twitter]https://www.twitter.com/Wlmel10/status/854858192450441216[/twitter]

Visiting this weekend. He has gotten lots of offers since ours. I believe he led the state in receiving last season, or was at least close. He is teammates with Harrison Bailey, who will certainly be a 5* for 2020.

Reactions: 2 people
[twitter]https://www.twitter.com/Wlmel10/status/854858192450441216[/twitter]

Visiting this weekend. He has gotten lots of offers since ours. I believe he led the state in receiving last season, or was at least close. He is teammates with Harrison Bailey, who will certainly be a 5* for 2020.

Be nice to get a commit from him on the spot. He's already a 4* recruit as a sophomore. Reel him in Butch.

Reactions: 1 person
"I have been up to Tennessee for visits three times and they are my top school," said Ramel Keyton. "They are showing me they want me the most, it is a good program and I could go there and do well."

"At first when I would be talking to coach [Kevin] Beard (wide receivers) and the other coaches, it would be about how they want me, how they need me, and things like that, but that has turned into just regular conversation and them getting to know me. "I am now talking to someone at Tennessee at least twice a week. They are doing a great job of recruiting me."

Keyton has been to Neyland Stadium twice for games and what many recruits talk about when they see that environment is what stood out to him. "The fans and the stadium really stand out to me," said Keyton. "I was there for the Florida and the Missouri last season and they were great. "That Florida game is the best game I have been to. They were down, they came back and it was so loud there. I loved seeing how passionate the fans were. That really stood out to me."

Speaking of Florida, the Gators were the school Keyton had on top of his list just a couple of months ago, but Tennessee has slowly moved up to that spot.

"It has really happened over the last month or so. Tennessee's communication has been great, they have made me feel important and that is why I have them No. 1 now." Behind Tennessee is Auburn, Florida and Georgia.

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Building off of 18's success so far for '19. I like how the staff sin't just concentrating solely on '18's class, but getting commitments from '19 and '20's classes respectively. They are doing it right and turning it around. A successful season and we'll take it to the next level.

Reactions: 4 people
Building off of 18's success so far for '19. I like how the staff sin't just concentrating solely on '18's class, but getting commitments from '19 and '20's classes respectively. They are doing it right and turning it around. A successful season and we'll take it to the next level.

Not only that, but if there was ever a year to focus on Georgia for WRs, it's this year. They have two of the top 10 receivers out of their state, and both are considered UGA locks, plus one is already committed. We can poach their elite receivers with little in state competition since they'll likely hit a number crunch and get some kids from other states.

Speaking of, what happened with the recent ratings shakeup? At one point, weren't the top two receivers in the 19 class out of Georgia? I just looked and the one who is committed to them dropped 9 places.

Imagine this 2019 WR class with Scurry, Keyton, Sheffield and maybe if we could get Knox .

He was 2nd in the state in receiving last season as a SO. His numbers will probably drop a little this year because of a couple of WR transfers into Marietta. A 3* SR with offers from Va Tech and WVa transferred in, as did a FR with offers from some Big 10 schools already. Marietta also has a rising SO with an offer from Oregon.

Not only that, but if there was ever a year to focus on Georgia for WRs, it's this year. They have two of the top 10 receivers out of their state, and both are considered UGA locks, plus one is already committed. We can poach their elite receivers with little in state competition since they'll likely hit a number crunch and get some kids from other states.

Speaking of, what happened with the recent ratings shakeup? At one point, weren't the top two receivers in the 19 class out of Georgia? I just looked and the one who is committed to them dropped 9 places.

uh, 19 is also a darn good year to focus on the state of TN for WRs too.

the four-star junior wide receiver from marietta (ga.) high school told 247sports’ rusty mansell that he’s scheduled to return to tennessee on feb. 17 for one of the vols’ upcoming junior days, and they’re currently one of a few teams staying in frequent contact with him.

Keyton, who attended tennessee’s home game sept. 30 against georgia and also went to the vols’ spring game last year, said ohio state, auburn, tennessee and “clemson a little bit” are among the teams recruiting him hardest.

While keyton hasn’t visited tennessee since pruitt’s hiring, he said he’s intrigued by what pruitt’s successful history as an assistant coach. The former alabama defensive coordinator was involved in four national championships as an assistant at florida state and with the crimson tide.

“he just came from a championship, so he knows what needs to be done and (has experience) making it to a championship,” said keyton, who’s ranked the no. 184 overall prospect and no. 32 wide receiver in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

With the early signing period for the 2019 class now less than a year away, keyton said he’s currently planning to decide on a college “before the season, maybe.”

Reactions: 3 people
The Vols offered Miami commit and Marietta WR, Jermaine Burton yesterday. Keyton was tweeting at him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180304-205214.jpg
    Screenshot_20180304-205214.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 1 person
Burton and Keyton are teammates at Marietta. He is saying Decommit to Burton who is committed to Miami. Burton is a top 100 player for 2020. Burton started at Marietta, transferred to IMG and started as a SO and has now transferred back.

I guess my confusion lies in him suggesting his friend decommit from Miami when receiving a UT offer would seem to suggest that Ramel himself feels strongly towards UT and sees himself here. Like, decommit and come join me.

And while he was high on UT prior to the 2017 season, there doesn't appear to be any recent traction with regards to Ramel and UT. He attended a Junior Day in February, but not a lot of noise coming from that or since.

VN Store

Back