'22 GA WR Kaleb Webb (Tennessee signee)

Really feeling this kid might be the steal of the class. Bumped into the top 200 on 247, yet seems like nobody wants him. Props to Heup and co. This type of of WR never goes out of style. 6’3” 185lb sub 11s 100m, strong hands and knows how to high point a football. Gonna be Moss’n kids 1v1 on the outside.

I noticed Webb is listed as a commitment in the sticky thread.

75685705.jpg

Really feeling this kid might be the steal of the class. Bumped into the top 200 on 247, yet seems like nobody wants him. Props to Heup and co. This type of of WR never goes out of style. 6’3” 185lb sub 11s 100m, strong hands and knows how to high point a football. Gonna be Moss’n kids 1v1 on the outside.

I don’t know enough about our class this year since I haven’t been keeping up with it as much or watching highlights. I did watch some of this kid and I love his potential with that size, frame and speed. He also comes off like a confident leader in his micd up stuff. Numbers back it up to with a monster year.

Reactions: Smokeytom
I don’t know enough about our class this year since I haven’t been keeping up with it as much or watching highlights. I did watch some of this kid and I love his potential with that size, frame and speed. He also comes off like a confident leader in his micd up stuff. Numbers back it up to with a monster year.
Best thing about this kid is how he goes and gets it. So frustrating watching Payton and Hyatt fail to come up with 50:50 balls. This kid is much more like Tillman. 50:50 balls are more like 80:20s.

Reminds me of the WR from NC State who abused Tar Heels a few weeks back. Watching that game I immediately thought of Webb.

First, I do not claim to know anything about this other than surface details.

That said, it MAY have been looked into by appropriate people and determined there was no wrong doing. Again, I don't know.

What I do know is you have to be extremely careful throwing out accusations of this nature. You have to be sure and have evidence. Peoples lives can be forever ruined even when they did nothing wrong. Like a bullet, it can be unfired and unfortunately all anyone remembers is the accusation in the headlines...

You can take a lot of stuff out of context and make it look bad. I agree, don't spread unwarranted conclusions like they're facts.

She supposedly had some family problems and got into an internet discussion with him on some forum. All this was under the auspice of concern. No follow up attempts to personally meet or other grooming red flags. This came out I think shortly after his Trey tweet.

Sure would be some bogus accusations if he was trying to get her some help, or work on a human interest story.

TOP247 WR NEARS FINAL DECISION

Four-star wide receiver Kaleb Webb of McEachern High School in Powder Springs, Ga., decommitted from East Carolina on Sunday shortly after he wrapped up his official visit to Tennessee. It was another good sign for the Vols, who had built plenty of momentum with Webb going into the visit and still appear to be the team to beat for him as he prepares to make his final decision.

On Monday, he announced that he plans to choose between Tennessee, Michigan and Louisville, the three schools that have hosted him on official visits since late October. The Wolverines also have remained in the picture down the stretch, but all signs still point to the Vols being the team to beat. Webb once planned to announce his final decision on Early Signing Day, but he's now set to reveal his choice within the next week.
-Callahan

“I would just say the chance to play quality competition, Power Five football, that kind of just interests me a lot,” said Webb, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 191 overall prospect and No. 34 wide receiver in the 2022 class. “With the teams leaving the American (Athletic) Conference, like Houston and UCF, it kind of just made the conference a little weaker, and I want to play the best of the best each and every week.”

Webb, who vaulted into the Top247 in 247Sports’ rankings Wednesday coming off a breakout senior season, already was plenty familiar with Tennessee before his official visit with the Vols over the weekend. He had attended two of their home games in October and participated in one of their camps in June. He even remembers going to a game at Tennessee more than two years ago.

There wasn’t much more he needed to see during his weekend stay in Knoxville, but he said the Vols again made a good impression on him. He said the visit “just gave me a better feel” for Tennessee.

“It went well,” Webb said. “I’ve been up there a couple times, so I would say the only thing really new to me was getting a more in-depth tour of kind of, like, the facilities and buildings there, and the academic support and what they plan to do to try to further your career. But I enjoyed my time up there. …

“I kind of feel like it just gave me a better feel for them — really, just for, like, the school portion and not just the football portion of it.”

First-year Vols coach Josh Heupel’s staff has made Webb a priority over the past few months. He said Tennessee’s coaches, led by wide receivers coach Kodi Burns, showed him plenty of attention over the weekend. Webb and offensive coordinator Alex Golesh took the opportunity to reiterate that he could play early in the Vols’ fast-paced, high-scoring offense.

“Coach Golesh and Coach Burns sat down and talked about what I can do in their offense,” Webb said. “They just explained what they liked about my game and how I could come in as a freshman and make an immediate impact at Tennessee.”

Webb said Burns “was around me a majority of the time” during the official visit. Burns has developed a strong relationship with Webb since the summer.

“We’ve kind of been getting close ever since I went to camp in June,” Webb said. “We’ve kind of just built a strong relationship as time has gone on. I like Coach Burns. He has a competitive mentality. Also, I feel like he’s going to tell you the truth no matter what it is, and I like that about him — that he can be honest with you, and you’re basically going to get the dead-honest truth from him every time.”

Tennessee wide receiver Cedric Tillman, who was the Vols’ leading receiver this season, has stayed in contact with Webb since his visit for Tennessee’s game Oct. 16 against Ole Miss. That made Tillman a natural choice to serve as Webb’s player host during the official visit.

Webb said Tillman talked with him over the weekend about “just how different things are with Coach Heupel, and the difference between Coach Heupel and (former) coach (Jeremy) Pruitt.”

“That’s really, basically, all we talked about, to be honest — and how he’s gotten, I feel like, a fair chance with Heupel, which has allowed him to put up pretty good numbers this year,” Webb said, recalling his conversations with Tillman.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back