'22 GA WR Kaleb Webb (Tennessee signee)

That’s how you stand out when you’re a new service looking for subscribers.
It feels like they are pandering to us, because we don't have a high ranked class on other sites and they we have a lot of fans who follow recruiting. Ill take it though. Recruiting rankings are all arbitrary anyways.

It feels like they are pandering to us, because we don't have a high ranked class on other sites and they we have a lot of fans who follow recruiting. Ill take it though. Recruiting rankings are all arbitrary anyways.

I’ve thought this for years, honestly!

Some sites pander to us because of the size of the fanbase. Only way I could explain why we’ve pretty consistently landed classes ranked in the top 15 over the last decade but looked so consistently out manned on Saturdays.

That’s how you stand out when you’re a new service looking for subscribers.

I mean, maybe, but I seriously doubt they’re trying to pander to the ECU fan base.

Once again - considering how heavily the staff has pursued this kid, I’m gonna assume he might be a good one. But I might just be being a homer.

Some sites pander to us because of the size of the fanbase. Only way I could explain why we’ve pretty consistently landed classes ranked in the top 15 over the last decade but looked so consistently out manned on Saturdays.
We joke about the bama bump, but it was us the whole time getting a crappy mid tier bump for our recruits

I mean, maybe, but I seriously doubt they’re trying to pander to the ECU fan base.

Once again - considering how heavily the staff has pursued this kid, I’m gonna assume he might be a good one. But I might just be being a homer.

In reality how much difference in the 200 ranked recruit and 400 ranked recruit? I feel like you have your bluechip top 40 or so depending on the class. Then you have about 100 prospects that are almost blue chip recruits but maybe lacking in one or two areas, and then you have your legit P5 prospects that will need to develop.

I thought that was the coaches we hired.

We joke about the bama bump, but it was us the whole time getting a crappy mid tier bump for our recruits
But then again, all of those AL players didn’t live up to their ranking. And think about the Tennessee players that have went on to do much better in the NFL. Recruiting is not an exact science even if they’re not pandering to certain fans.

In reality how much difference in the 200 ranked recruit and 400 ranked recruit? I feel like you have your bluechip top 40 or so depending on the class. Then you have about 100 prospects that are almost blue chip recruits but maybe lacking in one or two areas, and then you have your legit P5 prospects that will need to develop.
You are correct in that there are truly elite players that range from 30- 60 a year and Bama GA OH St get most of them with few other schools right behind them. So the next 300 to 400 kids you have to do your homework because not much difference in speed And Atheletic ability but big difference in heart and wanting to play this physical grind of Power 5 Football. That is why it recruiting rankings not much difference between 10th and 25 ranked classes. In CHRIST Alone

I thought that was the coaches we hired.

Ha ha, well, that too! I’m just saying I felt like we’ve had more busts than hits on highly ranked kids the last decade or so. There could be any number of reasons, but I’ve wondered if one of them is that some of those kids were overrated to begin with. And these services do have a monetary incentive to overrate kids.

Reactions: sjt18
Ha ha, well, that too! I’m just saying I felt like we’ve had more busts than hits on highly ranked kids the last decade or so. There could be any number of reasons, but I’ve wondered if one of them is that some of those kids were overrated to begin with. And these services do have a monetary incentive to overrate kids.
Correct. People want to ignore it but the recruiting sites do NOT make their money by being accurate. In fact their inaccuracy is something they work fairly hard to obscure. They make money by selling subscriptions and ads. If they were really trying to be accurate... they would award more 5* and 4*. In any given year they'll completely miss kids that should have gotten a higher ranking. If they're actually good at evaluating recruits... then they wouldn't limit the number of 4/5* ratings they give. They'd recognize talent.

VN Store

Back