'22 GA WR Kaleb Webb (Tennessee signee)

Tennessee continues to surge for the East Carolina commitment. He was in town last weekend and it's not shocking to see him return, but even we are surprised it's back to back weekends. Webb is rangy and has good speed which is a big characteristic that Heupel and company look for at the receiver position.
VQ

Webb's bond with Tennessee has grown for a number of reasons.
“When I go up there I feel like I’m a main priority," Webb said. "I always have great talks with Coach Heupel, Coach Burns, Coach Golesh and Coach Pope. Plus seeing how they’re changing the culture and how I can be incorporated into the offense. They run a similar offense to what we run in high school. They’ve just pulled me closer.”
It hasn't been just the coaches that have helped Webb's bond with Tennessee grow. It's been the players as well.
When Webb was in town for the South Carolina game, he spent the day following the win with current Vols wide receiver Cedric Tillman.
“He was giving me the spill and making sure I was picking the right one and what to expect if I came," Webb said. "He was telling me the culture is a lot better under the new coaching staff and he feels like he’s getting a fair shot under the new coaching staff. He said the guys are really buying in.”
As for the shenanigans inside of Neyland Stadium on Saturday night against Ole Miss, Webb didn't think much of it.
"It just shows how passionate they are to be honest," Webb said. "It’s a little bit irresponsible, but at the same time, it just shows how serious they take football and how much they want to win. Even though it didn’t look good, from the outside looking in, I feel like there’s a deeper meaning behind it. And I feel like the refs didn’t call a fair game and some people just got out of hand.”
Tennessee currently has commitments from three wide receivers in Cam Miller, Marquarius White and Chas Nimrod.

vq

Back-to-back weekend trips to Knoxville to catch the Vols in action have shown ECU wide receiver commit Kaleb Webb what he felt like he needed to see.

Webb pulled up to Neyland Stadium last Saturday to watch Tennessee's 42-20 win over South Carolina and did so once again this weekend to see UT take on Ole Miss.

"I wanted to see them against a more competitive SEC team and I feel like I saw what I needed to see," Webb told VolQuest. "Just the ability to compete with Ole Miss means they’re headed in the right direction under Coach Heupel. I could see that over the next few years they’ll be one of the top teams in the SEC.

“The environment was amazing. Really just seeing how the fans interacted and supported their team throughout the entirety of the game was great. Wish Tennessee would have won, but it was a great game to watch. Back-and-forth and I liked what I saw.”

Webb committed to ECU over the summer on June 27. Since then, the McEachern High School product out of Powder Springs, Georgia has seen his recruitment pick up.

The 6-foot-4, 195 lbs. receiver has taken visits to ECU, South Carolina and to the Vols so far this season. Webb will take an official visit to Louisville this upcoming weekend and also intends to take an official to Houston and Ole Miss at some point.

Webb said he has talked to Tennessee about an official visit and that the Vols have encouraged him to wait until later in the year to do so.

“I’m still evaluating and I want to take some more visits to other schools," Webb said. "But my bond with Tennessee is getting stronger and stronger every time I go up there. I’m still evaluating and seeing what fits me best.”

Webb's bond with Tennessee has grown for a number of reasons.

“When I go up there I feel like I’m a main priority," Webb said. "I always have great talks with Coach Heupel, Coach Burns, Coach Golesh and Coach Pope. Plus seeing how they’re changing the culture and how I can be incorporated into the offense. They run a similar offense to what we run in high school. They’ve just pulled me closer.”

It hasn't been just the coaches that have helped Webb's bond with Tennessee grow. It's been the players as well.

When Webb was in town for the South Carolina game, he spent the day following the win with current Vols wide receiver Cedric Tillman.

“He was giving me the spill and making sure I was picking the right one and what to expect if I came," Webb said. "He was telling me the culture is a lot better under the new coaching staff and he feels like he’s getting a fair shot under the new coaching staff. He said the guys are really buying in.”

As for the shenanigans inside of Neyland Stadium on Saturday night against Ole Miss, Webb didn't think much of it.

"It just shows how passionate they are to be honest," Webb said. "It’s a little bit irresponsible, but at the same time, it just shows how serious they take football and how much they want to win. Even though it didn’t look good, from the outside looking in, I feel like there’s a deeper meaning behind it. And I feel like the refs didn’t call a fair game and some people just got out of hand.”

Tennessee currently has commitments from three wide receivers in Cam Miller, Marquarius White and Chas Nimrod.

-VQ

Jourdan Thomas, Jeremiah Caldwell, and Kody Jones all seem to be feeling it right now.

The corner from Jersey and Josephs aren’t long shots by any means either.
Maybe i have him mixed up with someone else. But Saturday Jones was one of the few on the recruit Vol Walk that I recognized, why? Because he was dressed head to toe in Michigan gear. Im not sure thats exactly a good sign.

“I still, of course, will try to get up (to Tennessee) for an official, probably later in the year,” said Webb, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 72 wide receiver in the 2022 class and the No. 53 senior from the state of Georgia. “But, I mean, based off what I’m seeing, I guess this just solidifies Tennessee as one of my top schools.

“I don’t have, like, a favorite right now. But I would just say it’s up there.”

“I would say I kind of saw what I came for. The environment was amazing with the fans and everything, and I really just wanted to see how they would compete (against) a good SEC team.
“And Tennessee also has, like, a slim roster right now with some injuries and spots they need to fill, so with that — and along with, I feel like, some bad calls during the game — I mean, they just showed that they’re heading in the right direction and everything. I feel like (coach Josh) Heupel’s doing a good job with the program right now.”

“I would just say the beginning of the game probably was, like, the loudest I’ve ever experienced, to be honest. Just the fans really just being rowdy on just about every play and words of encouragement I was hearing, that’s really (what stood out), I would say.”

“When they started throwing things, that’s kind of when I was leaving,” he said. “I didn’t really think anything from it. I think it just shows how passionate they are, to be honest.”
callahan

VN Store

Back