'21 GA WR Julian Nixon (Tennessee signee)

Haven't heard his name mentioned at all, so not surprised. Haven't been hearing Campbell's name mentioned much either. Need some guys to step up.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Honestly was ready to see Nixon and Campbell play, wish one of Fant or Warren had graduated already. But good luck to Nixon

Reactions: NighthawkVol
He walked on because of self imposed scholarship reductions, and he is instate. Im sure he will be put on scholarship in the fall.

Probably, but I was just pointing out right now we only have 2 scholarship players lined up at the position.

I don’t think he would have been brought in or transferred in if there weren’t opportunities to see the field.

I never said otherwise. If you count him you still have 3 TEs next season, none of which with any significant experience.

Also brought in a PWO TE that enrolled in January…Titus Rohrer. Was obviously a need of depth at the position.

Disappointing yes, and I always feel bad for the “odd man out” if that’s the case and seems to be. However, if it means more talent on the roster, by default, that’s a good thing.

Titus Rohrer also was another walk on this year. He's most likely only depth, but he's massive at 6'7" and 230lbs right now. Him and Browder should make nice run blockers at the very least.

Reactions: StoVol
We have struck out so much lately on TEs. So many busts
Lately? UT has a long established history of pretty much ignoring the TE position. Even the one time that we had an absolute stud of a TE, Jason Witten, we still significantly underutilized him in the passing game.

Reactions: vols 30
Lately? UT has a long established history of pretty much ignoring the TE position. Even the one time that we had an absolute stud of a TE, Jason Witten, we still significantly underutilized him in the passing game.
TE is only used for blocking. We use ours quite well for that.

Bless of luck to the kid.

We only have Iike 10 players from that 2021 class ...

These kids...i just don't know.

This offense uses TEs in a very similar way the NFL does all across the league.
Warren and Fant weren't blowing the doors of with stats last year- but it's year one with a QB that was still learning the offense. Very often didn't hit the TEs very easy completion.

So he and Campbell would have been both RS SOs with Nico Lamaleava coming in ready to feed them...🙄.

Campbell will shine.

giphy.gif

Reactions: lenoxvol

VN Store

Back