'19 GA WR Jerrod Means (Pitt signee)

Per VQ podcast he was upset all year with his lack of playing time. Apparently thought he was more ready than the staff thought he was.

Talk about unrealistic expectations and heck the kid was injured what he want them to toss him out there injured when we have plenty of other dudes to trot out healthy? Bro who you supposed to play over? Jennings? Callaway? Palmer? Nope

Per VQ podcast he was upset all year with his lack of playing time. Apparently thought he was more ready than the staff thought he was.

I could definitely see that.you target Ramel keyton but use “means” as only a blocker?..makes no sense! we have plenty of raw talent on the outside.The Qb’s just have their favorite targets.

Last edited:
I could definitely see that.I mean,I feel him on this also..you target Ramel keyton but use means as only a blocker?..makes no sense! we have plenty of raw talent on the outside.The Qb’s just have their favorite targets.

lol what are you talking about?

Something tells me this isn't over. Pruitt will give him a few days to cool off and "make his point" and he will then have a talk with him. Kid has a chance to be a star here. Not a lot of teams are going to chance a scholarship on an 82 who quits his team over playing time his freshman year.

Reactions: Type Orange+
lol what are you talking about?

“Means” was mainly used as a blocker when he was in,he was never a target or considered in the play calling...but yet they can include Ramel Keyton in the play calling and allow him to make plays as a freshman? how is that fair.Further more the play calling ran through Calloway,JJ and Palmer nobody else.those 3 had the majority of catches all season,not even in cupcake games.so if “Means” feels that way then,why not put him out there to see what he does?..isnt that the type of energy we want from our players?..someone who wants to play and win?

“Means” was mainly used as a blocker when he was in,he was never a target or considered in the play calling...but yet they can include Ramel Keyton in the play calling and allow him to make plays as a freshman? how is that fair.Further more the play calling ran through Calloway,JJ and Palmer nobody else.those 3 had the majority of catches all season,not even in cupcake games.so if “Means” feels that way then,why not put him out there to see what he does?..isnt that the type of energy we want from our players?..someone who wants to play and win?
Jerrod? That you?

I feel like I am missing blue font here. I mean, I hope I am missing blue font here because otherwise, yowzerz!

Not necessarily they just forget about the ones that turned out to be productive players.

The majority of 3 star players with an underwhelming offer list don't contribute much and a lot of them transfer out in a couple of years. The productive ones are few. I'm talking about 3 stars that have a Big South offer list. Not all 3 stars are the same

Reactions: benholt06

Keyton also enrolled earlier than Means, too, so he was probably more ready to contribute in other ways. At any rate, I hope Means decides to stay. If he’s as ready as he believes he is, the targets are there for the taking this spring.

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
Fair? Seriously? Get out of here with that entitled BS. He's a freshman.

Coaches actually see all of practice. Given how the play of our WRs has developed all season, I'm gonna say they got it right. If Means disagrees, he needs to nut up and prove them wrong in practice. Earn your playing time, don't expect it to be handed to you. Doesn't bode well for him that at the first sign of adversity he looks to run. The best want to be challenged.

Reactions: MadWorld
“Means” was mainly used as a blocker when he was in,he was never a target or considered in the play calling...but yet they can include Ramel Keyton in the play calling and allow him to make plays as a freshman?

Byrd did it for 4 years without complaining. Means could have used that time to focus on getting better at blocking, since most receivers spend as much time blocking, if not more, than receiving.

how is that fair.

Fair shouldn't figure into the equation.

Further more the play calling ran through Calloway,JJ and Palmer nobody else.those 3 had the majority of catches all season,not even in cupcake games.so if “Means” feels that way then,why not put him out there to see what he does?..isnt that the type of energy we want from our players?..someone who wants to play and win?

Why shouldn't the playcalling go through your reliable veterans? A QB is going to be more comfortable with receivers whom he knows what their capabilities are and that he has spent countless practice hours playing pitch and catch with.

The whole point is to win games. If the staff felt Means was ready to help UT win games as a pass catcher, that is what they would have done.

Ummm that what good play callers do is call plays to get the ball in their best playmakers hands which was the top 3 WRs. I for one love Pruitt is screaming to the offensive staff to throw to Jennings a bunch and get him the ball when they need a play as Coach YAC said at QB club. If we weren’t doing that and focusing on a 5th/6th String freshman WR then we would have issuss

Very good strategy to use in recruiting. "Hey go to Tennessee and they will try to get you on the field as a Freshman if your position room is loaded."

No, they are telling recruits, “Go to Tennessee and they’ll put you on defense.” Not exactly what offensive players like to hear.

The majority of 3 star players with an underwhelming offer list don't contribute much and a lot of them transfer out in a couple of years. The productive ones are few. I'm talking about 3 stars that have a Big South offer list. Not all 3 stars are the same

Pruitt wanted him so this opinion is invalid.

Am I doing it right?

Reactions: vols 30
Cedric Tilman did not have a lit of catches but had a lot of pt... It is all about perspective. Some kids understand how the game is played and others don't. Does not mean he isn't talented

Reactions: FïreBall
Talk about unrealistic expectations and heck the kid was injured what he want them to toss him out there injured when we have plenty of other dudes to trot out healthy? Bro who you supposed to play over? Jennings? Callaway? Palmer? Nope

Hope he comes back and buys in. Could use him.

Reactions: FïreBall
Pruitt wanted him so this opinion is invalid.

Am I doing it right?
What makes any opinion valid? You're not a coach, let alone the head coach, so yeah, your opinion is pretty much invalid. It carries no weight as to who the coaches will or will not sign. If it makes you feel better, the rest of VN is in the same boat.

VN Store

Back