'19 GA WR Jadon Haselwood (Oklahoma commit)

I am satisfied that CJP was a better choice as HC. Leach has never had a good defense where he has coached. I don't think he would ever win an SEC title if he were HC of a SEC team. I would not mind if he was our OC, but do nor want as HC.
Love Leach, but Pruitt is exactly what we need right now.

Not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion at this point.
All you have to do is realize what shape the program and the players were in when Pruitt arrived. We needed discipline and coaches that coached each player. We got that. This is not going to be fixed with fairy dust. The fans bitching about what Pruitt has done on the field and recruiting would be bitching about the same exact things about Leach right now. If Pruitt is fired in 3 years the players will be in much better shape physically and mentally for the next coach.

All you have to do is realize what shape the program and the players were in when Pruitt arrived. We needed discipline and coaches that coached each player. We got that. This is not going to be fixed with fairy dust. The fans bitching about what Pruitt has done on the field and recruiting would be bitching about the same exact things about Leach right now. If Pruitt is fired in 3 years the players will be in much better shape physically and mentally for the next coach.
Agree to disagree. I thought the discipline this year was mediocre, especially at the end.

Reactions: KBVol
Agree to disagree. I thought the discipline this year was mediocre, especially at the end.
Unfortunately he didn't have enough players that cared enough to keep 11 disciplined players on the field at the same time. They were in such bad shape one off season training was not enough. These problems would have been here for any coach.

Reactions: T Dog and igotworms
Unfortunately he didn't have enough players that cared enough to keep 11 disciplined players on the field at the same time. They were in such bad shape one off season training was not enough. These problems would have been here for any coach.
Yes, but his management of it was not remarkable enough to say, “we need a guy like Pruitt right now,” IMO.

I’m also not sure that you aren’t overstating the lack of care on the team either. Definitely a part of it, but I don’t think the malaise was quite that universal.

Yes, but his management of it was not remarkable enough to say, “we need a guy like Pruitt right now,” IMO.

I’m also not sure that you aren’t overstating the lack of care on the team either. Definitely a part of it, but I don’t think the malaise was quite that universal.
Granted I wasn't on the field or in the locker room, but it has been stated by Pruitt on camera as well as by posters here and reported by media about the lack of players giving their all for Tennessee. I think Pruitt is one that demands all out effort at all times, and I'm excited to see how the team improves yearly because of it. I'll also continue to watch Leach late night Saturdays and look forward to his post game interviews that involve things like players sticking a mustache on his face in the middle of it.

Reactions: T Dog
Because he caught the ball during a crossing route?
This video doesn't show it, but he ran a really good route for a HS player. Basically had double coverage with an underneath defender and safety over the top. Ran by the underneath guy and ran in front of the over the top guy. Left himself enough room where the over the top defender couldn't get to the ball in time.

Reactions: Rishvol
This video doesn't show it, but he ran a really good route for a HS player. Basically had double coverage with an underneath defender and safety over the top. Ran by the underneath guy and ran in front of the over the top guy. Left himself enough room where the over the top defender couldn't get to the ball in time.
Big time play regardless, for a state championship...not sure why people aren’t impressed and we need him. Hopefully not just a hat on the table so to speak.

VN Store

Back