'19 GA WR Isaiah Montgomery (PWO)

FWIW (For what it’s worth) @Takegame33 Coach Pruitt hasn’t just been signing Preferred Walk-Ons just to sign them. He is signing viable candidates to earn scholarships who are willing to work hard and compete for spots in order to also build quality depth. Which is something Tennessee hasn’t had in a long time.

If you are Isaiah’s mom I am sure Coach Pruitt and staff have already said something like this to you before he signed. This staff will take care of your son, good luck and god bless to him and your family!

Where are you getting this info. I'm sure that is hand timed, but if that is the case it probably closer to 4.6. He has good hands though and high points the ball well. Good PWO. He could turn into something but it is too hard to tell.

OH I see how to play this game now...... but if you are right I'm sure it was an off day for him in street shoes....

Reactions: Takegame33
I can't ever remember when PWO were ever a topic of conversation on here. We have an influx of good talent there, it's actually amazing how many this staff has pulled. Good for team, great for competition, and best for better practices.

Exactly. People aren’t looking at it like that.

FWIW (For what it’s worth) @Takegame33 Coach Pruitt hasn’t just been signing Preferred Walk-Ons just to sign them. He is signing viable candidates to earn scholarships who are willing to work hard and compete for spots in order to also build quality depth. Which is something Tennessee hasn’t had in a long time.

If you are Isaiah’s mom I am sure Coach Pruitt and staff have already said something like this to you before he signed. This staff will take care of your son, good luck and god bless to him and your family!
Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Mom,
I'm not knocking him and trust that Coach Pruitt wanted him for a reason. IN my defense, I did note his sticky hands and ability to make plays. Not everyone has to run a 4.3 to be an asset to the team.

He may just be one of those guys that looks slower than he plays. Former TN quarterback Josh Dobbs was sort of in that mold; he didn't look that fast but somehow always got ahead of a whole lot of guys. If he runs a 4.5, I'm sure some collegiate level training will harness that into breaking big gains after the catch.

Your son is a welcome addition, be assured.
Thanks for the feedback 🧡

OH I see how to play this game now...... but if you are right I'm sure it was an off day for him in street shoes....

Are you saying there is no difference from a lasered timed 40 and a hand time 40? I'm not saying he is not fast. Just hand timed 40's are inherently flawed because they rely on human reaction times. Very few NFL players can run a 4.48 and probably less than 100 have ever been clocked under 4.48 electronically in their NFL combines in the history of the NFL.

He's definitely fast enough at 4.5 to 4.6 range and he may be super fast if can run under 4.4.

https://www.zybeksports.com/hand-timed-versus-electronic-timed-40-yard-dash/

Last edited:
Are you saying there is no difference from a lasered timed 40 and a hand time 40? I'm not saying he is not fast. Just hand timed 40's are inherently flawed because they rely on human reaction times. Very few NFL players can run a 4.48 and probably less than 100 have ever been clocked under 4.48 electronically in their NFL combines in the history of the NFL.

He's definitely fast enough at 4.5 to 4.6 range and he may be super fast if can run under 4.4.

Nope I am saying it did not merit conjecture at all and that for those that think we ought to be supporting a kid who the staff offered we should offset posts like that with positive speculation. All electronic equipment is not created equal or applied equally either, especially at the HS level...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Nope I am saying it did not merit conjecture at all and that for those that think we ought to be supporting a kid who the staff offered we should offset posts like that with positive speculation. All electronic equipment is not created equal or applied equally either, especially at the HS level...

Maybe he is fast like Kenney Solomon who has a verified 4.45 forty. That would be great. A verified 4.48 or lower is pretty rare though.

Maybe he is fast like Kenney Solomon who has a verified 4.45 forty. That would be great. A verified 4.48 or lower is pretty rare though.

So many potentials and variables... what level of shoes was he wearing. Was there allowable wind and if it was favoring or opposing, possibly other variables that could impact times when the discussion is about tenths and hundredths of seconds.

Edited to add, if this was in a race setting did he ease up or push for time if he was winning etc....

Last edited:

Not going to do all the work but there were around 50 players who ran 4.48 or better at the 2018 combine. In fact the average time over the last 5 years for NFL combine for WR is 4.48, CB 4.48 and RB 4.49. So saying someone runs a 4.48 is not that unbelievable or even super fast anymore for an NFL WR, CB or RB.

He looks plenty fast to me.. Had to stop and wait for the ball on every catch.. Goes after the ball.. Welcome to UT!🍊 GoVols! 🍊

Wow, you were on point here, nice work!

VN Store

Back