'19 GA WR Isaiah Montgomery (PWO)

Oh I agree completely. If I came off as though I was questioning anyone who does it for a living or even many who are more well versed in it than most I apologize. I wasn’t saying he couldn’t help out, just was shocked at how slow he appeared. Speed isn’t everything...I understand.
He’s fast! He ran a 4.48 in a 40yd .

Where are you getting this info. I'm sure that is hand timed, but if that is the case it probably closer to 4.6. He has good hands though and high points the ball well. Good PWO. He could turn into something but it is too hard to tell.

Reactions: Catbone
Where are you getting this info. I'm sure that is hand timed, but if that is the case it probably closer to 4.6. He has good hands though and high points the ball well. Good PWO. He could turn into something but it is too hard to tell.
I’m his mom 😀. I appreciate the feedback on what you see.

I’m his mom 😀. I appreciate the feedback on what you see.

Probably best to stay away from the forum.
Most times it doesnt end well. Not trying to run you off, or anything its just people dont have a filter on the board and feelings can get hurt.

Good luck to Isaiah, and to you.
And enjoy the ride it has to be awesome watching your son put on the Orange
GBO!!!!

Probably best to stay away from the forum.
Most times it doesnt end well. Not trying to run you off, or anything its just people dont have a filter on the board and feelings can get hurt.

Good luck to Isaiah, and to you.
And enjoy the ride it has to be awesome watching your son put on the Orange
GBO!!!!
I know right! Lol I have tuff skin. I can learn a lot from the criticism. They might can see can something that the coach don’t see. But I will take take your advice lol

Reactions: Volchatt

Mom,
I'm not knocking him and trust that Coach Pruitt wanted him for a reason. IN my defense, I did note his sticky hands and ability to make plays. Not everyone has to run a 4.3 to be an asset to the team.

He may just be one of those guys that looks slower than he plays. Former TN quarterback Josh Dobbs was sort of in that mold; he didn't look that fast but somehow always got ahead of a whole lot of guys. If he runs a 4.5, I'm sure some collegiate level training will harness that into breaking big gains after the catch.

Your son is a welcome addition, be assured.

Mom,
I'm not knocking him and trust that Coach Pruitt wanted him for a reason. IN my defense, I did note his sticky hands and ability to make plays. Not everyone has to run a 4.3 to be an asset to the team.

He may just be one of those guys that looks slower than he plays. Former TN quarterback Josh Dobbs was sort of in that mold; he didn't look that fast but somehow always got ahead of a whole lot of guys.

Appreciate the feedback and your observations!! 💯

Mom,

He may just be one of those guys that looks slower than he plays. Former TN quarterback Josh Dobbs was sort of in that mold; he didn't look that fast but somehow always got ahead of a whole lot of guys. If he runs a 4.5, I'm sure some collegiate level training will harness that into breaking big gains after the catch.

His HS team appears to have been fairly awful only had 1 win last season. I'm assuming that's why he slipped through the cracks...played on a bad team with a poor QB and likely rarely saw more than a handful of passes thrown his way each game. Maxpreps shows he also played basketball, so I'm sure he's quick and athletic. Tee will turn him into a stud in no time!!! GBO

His HS team appears to have been fairly awful only had 1 win last season. I'm assuming that's why he slipped through the cracks...played on a bad team with a poor QB and likely rarely saw more than a handful of passes thrown his way each game. Maxpreps shows he also played basketball, so I'm sure he's quick and athletic. Tee will turn him into a stud in no time!!! GBO
You’re exactly right!! There was a new QB and new coach. The public couldn’t understand what was going on. I’m looking forward for this ride. I asked him was he nervous, He said not at all !! You’re so on point!

I know right! Lol I have tuff skin. I can learn a lot from the criticism. They might can see can something that the coach don’t see. But I will take take your advice lol
Just know there are some that feel the need to find what could possibly be the most negative of any situation or player and dwell on it because they think it makes them superior to what they call sunshine pumpers. Congratulations on having what most of us would love...a son wearing an orange uniform on Saturday at Rocky Top!

Just know there are some that feel the need to find what could possibly be the most negative of any situation or player and dwell on it because they think it makes them superior to what they call sunshine pumpers. Congratulations on having what most of us would love...a son wearing an orange uniform on Saturday at Rocky Top!
Thanks a lot for your advice !!!

Amen and well stated...................

Welcome Isaiah, and Mom!

Welcome mom. I would say to stay on volnation, but not in your son's thread. There are a few very unknowledgeable, insensitive idiots that post here. But it's enough of them to get under even the toughest skin. If you do stay in the thread, try not to let them bait you into a back and forth exchange. Ignore their comments and move on. That's the best advice I can give to any and all parents who's kids are being recruited or become vols. Welcome to the family and I hope Isaiah does big things on Rocky Top.

Mom - please head these warnings. Some folks on this forum suck bad and appear to take pleasure in berating everyone else. They are a very vocal minority. You love your son and it’s impossible to read hurtful things and not be bothered. Best wishes for your son and I hope his college football experience is a good one!

Mom - please head these warnings. Some folks on this forum suck bad and appear to take pleasure in berating everyone else. They are a very vocal minority. You love your son and it’s impossible to read hurtful things and not be bothered. Best wishes for your son and I hope his college football experience is a good one!
WHAT are you asking her to do? 🤨

VN Store

Back