'20 GA WDE Simeon Barrow Jr (Mich State commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
m8xhw2lmwquzr4cxyocq

6’2” 252lbs
Grovetown, GA
(Grovetown)

Simeon Barrow Jr., Grovetown, Weak-Side Defensive End
Simeon Barrow Jr., 2020 Weakside defensive end - Rivals.com
Simeon Barrow on Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline
2/2/19 - On campus visit.
5/21/19 - Vols offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remy and FïreBall
Another highly productive but underrated Georgia DE, similar to Kurott Garland last year. Barrow finished his junior season w/ 80 tackles (31 TFL), 15 sacks, 17 QB hurries and an INT.

Sounds dang good to me

The 6-foot-2, 252-pound defensive end visited Tennessee back on February 2nd, and he plays in the same region as one of Tennessee’s 2018 signees. Kurott Garland played for Heritage High School in Conyers, Georgia, which is the same region that Grovetown plays in. Garland was also a lowly-rated prospect in the 2018 cycle who put up some eye-catching numbers just like Barrow has done.
- Rocky Top Insider

Vols Offer Defensive End with Eye-Popping Stats | Rocky Top Insider

Reactions: T Dog
I could see Garland, Harrison, and Barrow playing at the same time dominating.

Nope but another good comparison, meant Garland year before last...thanks for the catch!

No problem, I was just wanting to be clear cause I like your opinion a lot...I thought of Harrison when I saw the film and when you said last year it made me think it was a typo...I definitely see the garland comparison too...it will be interesting to see (if he comes here) whether he gains weight and follows garland to the line or if he stays near his current weight and is a LB with Harrison

Barrow discusses Tennessee offer and playing in the 3-4.

Simeon Barrow Jr. discusses Tennessee offer

From the above article:

“I visited Tennessee in February and that was one of my best visits,” Barrow Jr. said. “It’s just a feeling I had, like a real good feeling I had there and I really like the coaching staff. Coach (Chris) Rumph is a really cool person, just a lot of good things about Tennessee.”

Barrow Jr. is versatile to play in Tennessee’s 3-4 defensive scheme as a lineman or as an outside backer.

“I would love defensive end, but I think my best play is at outside linebacker,” Barrow Jr. said.

Speaking of Garland, this young man is almost exactly the same size as Garland was as a senior. Barrow looks like he can carry more weight.

We moved Garland to SDE but it sounds like the staff is telling him OLB.

Last edited:
Reactions: wittenvols
The Vols have been high on his list all along, and he said they’re now in his “top three,” along with Virginia Tech and Michigan State, following his latest trip to Knoxville. “It felt good. It definitely felt good,” said Barrow. “I was happy I came. I was excited to come back. It felt definitely good.” Barrow said he has been on Tennessee’s radar since January, and he “was real happy” when he finally got an offer from the Vols less than a month ago “because that’s one of my top schools I want to go to.” Saturday’s visit did nothing to change that. “It’s just the coaches, basically. I love the coaches,” said Barrow, who holds offers from more than a dozen schools.

“Coach (Chris) Rumph, he’s a great dude,” Barrow added, referring to Tennessee’s co-defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach. “(Defensive line) coach (Tracy) Rocker, he’s a great dude. I just like the coaching staff.” Barrow said he has felt that way about Tennessee since he got his first look at the Vols earlier this year. “It’s just because, when I first went there, it’s just that feeling I had, like, ‘Man I belong here,’” he said. “I had a good feeling about that school that I didn’t have at other schools I had visited. “I had never had that feeling — only for Tennessee.”

He said the Vols “definitely” liked what they saw from him, too, during Saturday’s camp. “One-on-ones, I dang near went undefeated and I won a lot of times,” Barrow said, "so they definitely liked that.” Barrow said Tennessee has expressed interest in potentially playing him at outside linebacker in its 3-4 base defense and on the defensive line. But after arriving late at Saturday’s camp, he said he only got to work with Rocker at the Vols’ camp. “They worked me out at, like, D-end, outside linebacker and D-tackle. And when we went to one-on-ones, I was just at D-end and tackle, but mostly at D-end,” Barrow said.

“To be honest, they want me at outside linebacker. But, then again, they were like, they might be working me at D-tackle, too. They want me rushing the end at D-tackle. But it depends on how I grow, basically. If I don’t grow that much — if I stay the same size — they’ll play me at outside linebacker. And if I do grow, I’m going at tackle or D-end.”

Barrow said he spoke with Rumph, Rocker and Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt after the camp. “When I was doing the one-on-ones, (Pruitt) just told me he wanted me to work on some stuff — like, put my hand in the dirt, because I was in a two-point stance at first,” Barrow said. "He said put my hand in the dirt, because normally they want me in a two-point stance. But I’d rather have my hand in the dirt, anyway. “I got to talk with all of them, to be honest with you — Coach Rumph, Coach Pruitt, Coach Rocker — all of them. We just sat down and talked. They want me to come back down in July for a barbecue, and they want me to set up this official visit.”

Virginia Tech already has hosted Barrow on a couple of visits, and he said he’s scheduled to travel to Michigan State this weekend on his first official visit. He said he also plans to attend a camp Wednesday at South Carolina, which has shown interest in him. He said he’s visiting the Spartans because “they were pretty much the first people that offered me.”

“They were my second offer, and they kept on keeping in contact with me,” Barrow said. “All their defensive coaches came up to me, to my school — a long way — and it meant a lot. Their defensive coordinator and defensive line coach — a lot of coaches came up to see me. “They’re showing me how much they need me, so I definitely want to visit up there, because that’s a great school, too.” If everything goes according to plan, Barrow will decide on a college within the next couple of months. “I’m definitely making a decision before my season,” he said.

VN Store

Back