'20 GA WDE Simeon Barrow Jr

HoleInTheRoof

Respect My Posts. 100%
The 6-foot-2, 252-pound defensive end visited Tennessee back on February 2nd, and he plays in the same region as one of Tennessee’s 2018 signees. Kurott Garland played for Heritage High School in Conyers, Georgia, which is the same region that Grovetown plays in. Garland was also a lowly-rated prospect in the 2018 cycle who put up some eye-catching numbers just like Barrow has done.
- Rocky Top Insider

Vols Offer Defensive End with Eye-Popping Stats | Rocky Top Insider

thunder5

Cause I like to party
Nope but another good comparison, meant Garland year before last...thanks for the catch!
No problem, I was just wanting to be clear cause I like your opinion a lot...I thought of Harrison when I saw the film and when you said last year it made me think it was a typo...I definitely see the garland comparison too...it will be interesting to see (if he comes here) whether he gains weight and follows garland to the line or if he stays near his current weight and is a LB with Harrison

HoleInTheRoof

Respect My Posts. 100%
Barrow discusses Tennessee offer and playing in the 3-4.

Simeon Barrow Jr. discusses Tennessee offer
From the above article:

“I visited Tennessee in February and that was one of my best visits,” Barrow Jr. said. “It’s just a feeling I had, like a real good feeling I had there and I really like the coaching staff. Coach (Chris) Rumph is a really cool person, just a lot of good things about Tennessee.”

Barrow Jr. is versatile to play in Tennessee’s 3-4 defensive scheme as a lineman or as an outside backer.

“I would love defensive end, but I think my best play is at outside linebacker,” Barrow Jr. said.
Speaking of Garland, this young man is almost exactly the same size as Garland was as a senior. Barrow looks like he can carry more weight.

We moved Garland to SDE but it sounds like the staff is telling him OLB.

Last edited:

VN Store

Sponsors