'20 GA WDE Simeon Barrow Jr (Mich State commit)

You need to read the context. I was responding to someone arguing that because UT has been bad for 6 years that we could not or should not expect Pruitt to get top tier recruits.

I say it is both. The guy who finally turns it around at UT will get more than they should of the highly rated guys AND will find more than their share of 3* players with 4* talent.
What Pruitt does with the guys he inherited will have a huge bearing on his eventual success or failure. There are holes but there is also some talent. He has to develop what was left then fill the holes quickly.

To me, the biggest question is always the DL. According to the recruiting sites, he hasn't been successful recruiting DL's. He wasn't left much. Taking what he has and making it better than expected may end up being the key to his survival.

What Pruitt does with the guys he inherited will have a huge bearing on his eventual success or failure. There are holes but there is also some talent. He has to develop what was left then fill the holes quickly.

To me, the biggest question is always the DL. According to the recruiting sites, he hasn't been successful recruiting DL's. He wasn't left much. Taking what he has and making it better than expected may end up being the key to his survival.
yeah, i think there's really no hiding from the DL at this point. if this group turns out to be better than expected, then that has to be a huge feather in this staff's cap.

and yeah, we need them to be if we're going to have a chance to do something this year. really hope AS gets cleared soon. that would help a lot.

Reactions: sjt18
No whining on my part. Pruitt has a tough task. He has to recruit over the recent program history and be really good at finding guys like the 3* players you mentioned. They're out there. In fact, there are bunches of them. Rarely is a coach good enough at finding them to make a living on it.

In SEC it's none existent to your point. Chris Peterson while at Boise and Rich Rod while at WVU were two good examples of that. Bill Snyder at Kansas State as well! Maybe the best at it.

But at Tennessee where you have to play Alabama, Georgia, and Florida EVERY YEAR, you have to have good coaching and even better recruiting!

VN Store

Back