'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

I don't think so. When their coaches take notice of a low rated player, they already know the bump is coming or that the player is good despite ranking.
Which was kinda the point of the discussion.

And if Pruitt has real success here, the same will happen with us. Was stated by one of the recruiting guys that our off the radar offers to kids are resulting in their phones starting to ring from other big schools.
That will only increase with success and so will their rankings.
If bama were to show interest in a low rated player, of course, other schools are gonna follow and you would expect a bump in rankings. That’s because they sign the #1 class and are in the playoffs just about every year. So are you saying that bama’s class is rated #1 because of the name Alabama is next to it?

If bama were to show interest in a low rated player, of course, other schools are gonna follow and you would expect a bump in rankings. That’s because they sign the #1 class and are in the playoffs just about every year. So are you saying that bama’s class is rated #1 because of the name Alabama is next to it?
i think he's saying it doesn't hurt....lol.

Reactions: Easttnken
Yeah I’m not buying it. They sign 3 star players like we do and Houston signed Ed Oliver so maybe things aren’t that rigged.
well, not all things are rigged. but there are some real oddity's to a kid's ranking pre and post offer/committment by some schools. there's no real denying that.

well, not all things are rigged. but there are some real oddity's to a kid's ranking pre and post offer/committment by some schools. there's no real denying that.
Well yeah if 2 star kid suddenly becomes the most sought after prospect then he’s probably gonna get bumped up. My point is if you took Clemson’s class that’s rated number 1 and put Tennessee’s (or really anyone else) name on it, it would still be rated 1 and the stars do matter. The only fanbases that say stars don’t matter are ones like vandy.

Not sure if serious.
Were you reading the whole conversation, lol?

And yes, it's a big PART of it.
You just said yourself
of course, other schools are gonna follow and you would expect a bump in rankings.
So when Bama or whoever first notices these talented kids, they may add up to anywhere from a 5th to 15th ranked class. But once other schools take notice and the rankings get bumped, what happens to that entire class ranking?
Does it stay say 9th or does jump up with the bumps? Saban, Dabo and so on knows talent better than the services and yes, the services follow suit *often.

No one is saying 247 can't recognize undeniable talent but absolutely, after that, services rely heavily on who is after the kid. The recruiting services have admitted this themselves.

Any chance Pruitt can talk Saban into bumping our commits?
I stand by that. When Bama first notices a large portion of the class they sign, their rankings would not add up to the #1 class.
Yet by signing day, they are the #1 class. Either they each became better (above normal progression) or they received bumps following the attention.

As far as helping our class, yes. When we manage to grab a kid they wanted. Just need to do that more.

Reactions: Easttnken
Are you saying that’s not a big part of it? That almost every player that commits to them gets a bump in rating?

just don't forget a couple of nerds made up a recruit out of thin air, posted on social media that he just received offers from GA and Bama and immediately got a high 3* rating.

and he didn't exist.

it may not be epidemic in nature....................but offers from "those" schools matter, and do change perception.

just don't forget a couple of nerds made up a recruit out of thin air, posted on social media that he just received offers from GA and Bama and immediately got a high 3* rating.

and he didn't exist.

it may not be epidemic in nature....................but offers from "those" schools matter, and do change perception.
The kid EXISTED. That ended up being all that was true in that recruiting service snafu.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I honestly think other coaches are fearful of Pruitt and the only way to combat it is to heavily negatively recruit us right now and it’s making recruits take a wait and see approach ..as long as we win it’ll be all good
You may be on to something, never really thought of that. CJP is very well respected in the coaching ranks and it’s hard to ignore the staff he has put together.

I stand by that. When Bama first notices a large portion of the class they sign, their rankings would not add up to the #1 class.
Yet by signing day, they are the #1 class. Either they each became better (above normal progression) or they received bumps following the attention.

As far as helping our class, yes. When we manage to grab a kid they wanted. Just need to do that more.
They won't be this year

VN Store

Back