'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

“I definitely like the coaching staff, the team members and stuff. They always treat me well down there,” said Ojulari. “They’re very high on my list right now, but I’m still weighing my options with all the other schools, too. I got to the spring game a little late, but I still got to catch some of it. I was just watching the defense and then watching one of my good friends, Ramel Keyton, play,” Ojulari said, referring to his former Marietta teammate who's now a freshman wide receiver at Tennessee. “I’m just glad to see him on the field and getting some reps.”

He said he spent time with new Tennessee defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley and Chris Rumph, the Vols’ co-defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach, after Saturday’s spring game. On Sunday, he spoke with second-year Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt and met with Rumph again. “Before I left, I was in Coach Rumph’s office,” Ojulari said. “He was showing me some film of the game, seeing what they do and how I would fit into the defense. “Darrell Taylor — he just feels I can play a role like him and just what they need me to do, and pass-rush and stuff like that,” Ojulari added, referring to the rising senior outside linebacker who led the Vols with eight sacks last season.

Ojulari said he stayed overnight with Keyton, his former Marietta teammate who’s now a freshman wide receiver at Tennessee. “I was in the locker room with the team (after the game), and then I just went to go hang out with a couple of the players — Ramel, Tank (Jaylen McCollough) and Wanya (Morris) and them,” Ojulari said, referring to some of the fellow Atlanta-area natives who were in the Vols’ 2019 recruiting class.

“(Keyton) likes it and he wants me to be a Vol so bad,” Ojulari said. "And Harrison, also, he’s recruiting me, too.” Ojulari said he hears more about the Vols from “probably Harrison” these days, and his relationships with Keyton and Bailey have played at least a small role in his interest in Tennessee. “He just wants me to be a part of the team so we can be something special in the future,” Ojulari said of Bailey. “I think it does play a little bit (of a role) because they’re recruiting me, too — not just, like, the coaching staff. It’s good to play with your brothers and your good friends.”

He's visiting UGA this weekend and no other trips planned. Hopes to make a decision in May but maybe not until August.

Vols Recruitment timeline
3/18/18 - Vols offer (tweet)
6/29/18 - Visited campus
7/28/18 - Visited campus for cookout. (tweet)
11/3/18 - Visited for UNC-Charlotte game (recap)
11/17/18 - Visited for Missouri game
1/19/19 - Visited campus for Junior day (recap)
3/24/19 - Says he wants to make a decision in May. (Volrecruitingreports.org article)
4/4/19 - Unofficial visit
4/13/19 - Unofficial visit for O&W game (recap)

6/29/18 - Visited campus
3/24/19 - Says he wants to make a decision in May. (Volrecruitingreports.org article)
i think i follow all that............lol.

6/29/18 - Visited campus
you go look at that time line, and he's visited GA, FL, Bama, Auburn, Clemson....and basically after each one he's made a return trip to Knoxville.

i think at this point if he doesn't come here, it'd be a surprise.

you go look at that time line, and he's visited GA, FL, Bama, Auburn, Clemson....and basically after each one he's made a return trip to Knoxville.

i think at this point if he doesn't come here, it'd be a surprise.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it w/ this recruit. Not hard to jump in the car with Bailey.

VN Store

Back