'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

I get it. But my thoughts are is that if he is just settling for us, then he may not be fully bought in. He may not guve his all on the field and classroom. Yeah I know he is talented but I just dont about these guys whi are waiting for an offer from other schools.

What if he commits, then Bama or UGA gets a decommit, then has room and wants him? Then he bolts. I would just much rather have a guy who wants to be here.
I get your point and if the talent is close to the same level I agree. But if there’s a margin you take the talented kid. There’s plenty of kids on teams that weren’t their first choice. That said there’s a difference between being runner up and landing a kid and seeming to be the last place a kid wants to land.

I get it. But my thoughts are is that if he is just settling for us, then he may not be fully bought in. He may not guve his all on the field and classroom. Yeah I know he is talented but I just dont about these guys whi are waiting for an offer from other schools.

What if he commits, then Bama or UGA gets a decommit, then has room and wants him? Then he bolts. I would just much rather have a guy who wants to be here.
Would you take a low 3 star that really wants to be here over him?

I'm not worried about the compete level of elite players we get whose first choice was not UT. They didn't get to that level without being able to commit fully to practice and games. And when it comes time to strap on the pads for SEC games, and run through the T, they'll be feelin' it as much as the walk-ons that have been bleedin' Orange since birth.

Looking more and more likely that he’s not a part of this class.

That said I’m always wrong, so maybe now he’ll commit tomorrow. 😂
Yeah I didn't really mean him specifically. Just hypothetically a bluechip recruit who settles for us or a 3 star who really wants to be here.

Would have to hope he fights his way through it like the Patrick Willis’s and Randall Cobb’s and countless others we disregarded. If you only recruit players that you’re not afraid others would want, you’ll have a piss poor roster.

Would have to hope he fights his way through it like the Patrick Willis’s and Randall Cobb’s and countless others we disregarded. If you only recruit players that you’re not afraid others would want, you’ll have a piss poor roster.

Its got nothing to do with with being not afraid others would want. Its got to do with the fact of wanting guys who WANT to ne here. There is a huge difference between wanting to be here and oh well I guess I will settle for playing here. If he does choose us, I hope he gives his all and is all in for TN.

Its got nothing to do with with being not afraid others would want. Its got to do with the fact of wanting guys who WANT to ne here. There is a huge difference between wanting to be here and oh well I guess I will settle for playing here. If he does choose us, I hope he gives his all and is all in for TN.
So does it sound better if we say he'd rather play at Uga or Bama?

Patrick Willis settled on Ole Miss...worked out ok. We weren’t Condredge Holloway’s first choice ftr. Now he’s a standard for VFL.

Willis wanted to be at Tennessee didn’t hurt him.

Patrick Willis settled on Ole Miss...worked out ok. We weren’t Condredge Holloway’s first choice ftr. Now he’s a standard for VFL.

So I guess its just better to hope he wants to play here even though it seems he doesnt? Gotcha.

Try to look at it this way. There are hundreds of schools to chose after AL and GA. Of course we all want the ones that bleed orange.

Reactions: UpstateVol613
There will be something that will click with BJ just like there was with Cooper, Keshawn and Tee. He’s gonna end up waiting too long for Bama or UGA to never let him in, it’ll get to his head and he’ll feel offended. HB likely fuels it to the point in which he commits to Tennessee.

He probably knows it deep down.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Because what he really wants is the NFL? And they don't really buy "I'm actually elite but you see, TN wasn't my 1st choice so I didn't bother" as an excuse.

I feel like a player who was looked over then has that extra motivation to perform well. Heck, didn't we do the same to Spurrier back in the day? Told him there was no place for him and he goes and wins the Heisman at Florida?

VN Store

Back