'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

It’s bc he isn’t a take for Georgia. If Georgia started pursuing him he would automatically get a bump in ranking. If he committed to Georgia, Bama, or Clemson he would get another bump. You could basically make a recruiting service based upon the recruits Clemson, Bama, and Georgia pursued and it would be a mirror image of Rivals.

It’s bc he isn’t a take for Georgia. If Georgia started pursuing him he would automatically get a bump in ranking. If he committed to Georgia, Bama, or Clemson he would get another bump. You could basically make a recruiting service based upon the recruits Clemson, Bama, and Georgia pursued and it would be a mirror image of Rivals.
100% the truth.

Trust the evaluations, right? Lol
People have pointed out for years (until Clemson) the correlation between the NC and top 5 recruiting classes. But I've always said it's a self fulfilling prophecy and I believe it 100%.
Saban is a great talent evaluator like most of the great coaches. Bama doesn't just sign the #1 class, they create the #1 class based on who they are interested in.

And now, Clemson. Makes evaluators look bad when 11th(?) rank average beats 1st. So Dabo's interests now get ranking bumps also.
I'm not even sure what purpose the rankings serve anymore.
Or offer lists.

People have pointed out for years (until Clemson) the correlation between the NC and top 5 recruiting classes. But I've always said it's a self fulfilling prophecy and I believe it 100%.
Saban is a great talent evaluator like most of the great coaches. Bama doesn't just sign the #1 class, they create the #1 class based on who they are interested in.

And now, Clemson. Makes evaluators look bad when 11th(?) rank average beats 1st. So Dabo's interests now get ranking bumps also.
Or offer lists.
Fans like to look at stars

Or offer lists.
oh, i don't have any doubts anymore either.

plus with how the services are shuffling the ratings like they do, when they do, it makes sense to hedge your bet based on what Nick Saban may think about a prospect vs.......couch potato scout that goes to camps only or watches internet highlights lol.

which is why i have no problem with any staff, especially ours, wanting to get kids to camp to see for themselves...and make their own evaluations.

Or offer lists.
They serve to get paid. Honestly I’m sure some under the radar kids might get discovered that wouldn’t have normally.

There must be a lot of uninformed people at Clemson, bama, and Georgia.
I don't think so. When their coaches take notice of a low rated player, they already know the bump is coming or that the player is good despite ranking.
Which was kinda the point of the discussion.

And if Pruitt has real success here, the same will happen with us. Was stated by one of the recruiting guys that our off the radar offers to kids are resulting in their phones starting to ring from other big schools.
That will only increase with success and so will their rankings.

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back