'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

What’s the scoop on Washington and UGA? Trying to separate fact and fiction. Hearing he is a possible silent and maybe Theo is leaning as well? I know they’re all 3 coming (Theo, AG, DW) for the ND game. Anything you care to share?
Just from what I know, he’s recruiting behind the scenes guys he wants to play with in college. Others like Ringo have mentioned playing with DW. Theo Johnson has mentioned it in his interviews, more than once. Granted, he didn’t openly say which school but TJ’s choices are Iowa (TEU lately), MI, PSU, and UGA. DW main choices seem to be TN, Bama, Ga, and Miami. Tate and DW text each other constantly as well as a big group chat that is most Ga commits, save a couple uncommitted guys. Could he be doing the same for TN? Sure, but that seems like a lot of work??

Is TN recruiting Theo?

Reactions: AaronUT
Just from what I know, he’s recruiting behind the scenes guys he wants to play with in college. Others like Ringo have mentioned playing with DW. Theo Johnson has mentioned it in his interviews, more than once. Granted, he didn’t openly say which school but TJ’s choices are Iowa (TEU lately), MI, PSU, and UGA. DW main choices seem to be TN, Bama, Ga, and Miami. Tate and DW text each other constantly as well as a big group chat that is most Ga commits, save a couple uncommitted guys. Could he be doing the same for TN? Sure, but that seems like a lot of work??

Is TN recruiting Theo?
Haven’t heard anything on TJ at all. I know we’re after DW and AG hard but the info I’ve gathered suggest they more than likely won’t be playing together. Seems we are in a very nice spot for DW and not so much for AG. After Ojulari commited to UT, we have a much better shot at AG than before he said. Sounds like conflicting information from both sides concerning DW, which is quite possible, but like you said I find it hard to believe DW would be dual recruiting. Sounds like he may be saying one thing and doing another.

Haven’t heard anything on TJ at all. I know we’re after DW and AG hard but the info I’ve gathered suggest they more than likely won’t be playing together. Seems we are in a very nice spot for DW and not so much for AG. After Ojulari commited to UT, we have a much better shot at AG than before he said. Sounds like conflicting information from both sides concerning DW, which is quite possible, but like you said I find it hard to believe DW would be dual recruiting. Sounds like he may be saying one thing and doing another.
Good point, and it’s quite possible. That’s why I never try to go with one source of info. Typically the main 4 are college coaches, recruits, HS coaches, and recruiting services. Honestly, the least I trust is info coming from coaches bc of just what you said. Not that coaches are lying, but they are being lied to, or better yet, perhaps a recruit is telling each coaching staff what they want to hear?

But, coaches lie to recruits to, but that’s a different soapbox of mine.

FTR, I’ve thought for awhile TN had a good shot at AG. Think UT planted a seed of playing WR and who better to water that seed than the grower, right? Do you think TN will take 2 TE this year? One in-line and one flex?

Watching DW’s recruitment will be entertaining, so will Gilbert’s. Will be fun to see how it unfolds.

Reactions: AaronUT and Sleegro
Good point, and it’s quite possible. That’s why I never try to go with one source of info. Typically the main 4 are college coaches, recruits, HS coaches, and recruiting services. Honestly, the least I trust is info coming from coaches bc of just what you said. Not that coaches are lying, but they are being lied to, or better yet, perhaps a recruit is telling each coaching staff what they want to hear?

But, coaches lie to recruits to, but that’s a different soapbox of mine.

FTR, I’ve thought for awhile TN had a good shot at AG. Think UT planted a seed of playing WR and who better to water that seed than the grower, right? Do you think TN will take 2 TE this year? One in-line and one flex?

Watching DW’s recruitment will be entertaining, so will Gilbert’s. Will be fun to see how it unfolds.
AG and DW are the only two TE’s we are heavily pursuing. Only way we take two, is if miraculously both want in. If we miss on both, the staff will either skip on TE for 2020 or try to get in with someone late.

Reactions: secking
Here is an example of a few things. Recruiting services from last week
Starting to hear more buzz around Georgia and Darnell Washington. Not ready to make a CB or a prediction but did talk with someone out West about another prospect on Sunday and he brought it up to me.”That kid really likes UGA.”
Now, totally different is that DW is really fond of Brevin Jordan, the #1 TE in the nation out of Nevada (2018) who (UGA) coach Hartley recruited out of Las Vegas. They talk regularly and Jordan loves Coach Hartley, so much so, UM boards was afraid that he would transfer to UGA. Jordan is the reason UM is on DW’s final list.

DW and TJ both talked about playing with each other at the Opening. Just talk? Probably, recruits do that all the time.

Of course, our favorite, social media. Hartley did tweet a pic of two stars holding a championship trophy together, thus why why some think UGA has their two TEs. Thing is, IF that is true, there is four candidates in Carr, DW, AG, or TJ. Again, IF. People sometimes reach on social media...which brings me to...

I’m confident that 3 in the photo are Dawgs (today). #3 May commit but will be the biggest roller coaster of recruiting this year, if not already. Honestly not sold that he sticks? In photo are DW, Evans, Beck, and Ringo.
Deleted the pic for you fine people. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AaronUT
AG and DW are the only two TE’s we are heavily pursuing. Only way we take two, is if miraculously both want in. If we miss on both, the staff will either skip on TE for 2020 or try to get in with someone late.
What’s the depth at TE? Totally agree with if both want in, you make room. Maybe DW at TE, AG as WR, but his mom did an interview this week still calling him a TE. Do you think UT just adds one otherwise? Which one goes where? It feels like musical chairs, I do think when one commits, the others follow to the different schools.

Last edited:
Here is an example of a few things. Recruiting services from last week
Now, totally different is that DW is really fond of Brevin Jordan, the #1 TE in the nation out of Nevada (2018) who (UGA) coach Hartley recruited out of Las Vegas. They talk regularly and Jordan loves Coach Hartley, so much so, UM boards was afraid that he would transfer to UGA. Jordan is the reason UM is on DW’s final list.

DW and TJ both talked about playing with each other at the Opening. Just talk? Probably, recruits do that all the time.

Of course, our favorite, social media. Hartley did tweet a pic of two stars holding a championship trophy together, thus why why some think UGA has their two TEs. Thing is, IF that is true, there is four candidates in Carr, DW, AG, or TJ. Again, IF. People sometimes reach on social media...which brings me to...

I’m confident that 3 in the photo are Dawgs (today). #3 May commit but will be the biggest roller coaster of recruiting this year, if not already. Honestly not sold that he sticks? In photo are DW, Evans, Beck, and Ringo.
View attachment 219132
Is #3 that guy from fl that shot up the rankings for having a fast 100 time?

Literally only recruiting Washington, that kid that just committed to Scar from AL, and Gilbert as a whatever. Got two cornerstone guys in Lowe and Brown (here’s to good friends....)...in ‘19 to add to probable offensive centerpiece DWA. With Gibbs staying at WR it means we have a little more flexibility with our scholarships.

Reactions: secking
Perroni changed his then. It showed A&M last night for some reason.
Oh, ok. Perroni has hinted he did his video and is labeled as the ‘lead expert’ on his recruiting. A&M boards think it’s happening today, CBs for A&M for RB Achane including Wiltfong. Perroni is now saying he may not take anymore visits and is done. Somehow, I don’t see that being true, maybe for a couple months? Not till December.

If y’all get Evans, we will take one of yalls transfers at the end of the year. RB recruiting = done for 2020
Which one? Portal is always open, we even had to put UGA on a leash just in case.

Losing two RBs this year in Swift and Herrien, need to sign 2.

VN Store

Back