'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

ya dont see anyway UGA takes him
I know you didn't agree before, but to me, its strange that these guys don't seem to care to play with Bailey. If Bailey was a receiver or something, I'd get it. but he's the QB. I'd think he'd have more influence on these guys but he doesn't at all it appears.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
I know you didn't agree before, but to me, its strange that these guys don't seem to care to play with Bailey. If Bailey was a receiver or something, I'd get it. but he's the QB. I'd think he'd have more influence on these guys but he doesn't at all it appears.
Yeah that stuff just doesn't matter that much when they come to actually making a decision.

Yeah that stuff just doesn't matter that much when they come to actually making a decision.
I guess. But then VQ talks about the importance of the in state guys peer recruiting so who knows. I would just think Bailey would have more impact on Gilbert and BJ.

I guess. But then VQ talks about the importance of the in state guys peer recruiting so who knows. I would just think Bailey would have more impact on Gilbert and BJ.
Early on, we heard kid's were getting in line to play with him. Either that was some BS or something has drastically changed.

Reactions: Devo182

Don't forget these kids (BJ and Gilbert) are top shelf talent being recruited by elite CFB programs as well. They have A LOT of options. And those other options are constantly in their ear saying stuff like, "Why go to UT, a program that has sucked for over a decade and is constantly in rebuilding mode, when you can come here and win NOW?!" That resonates with people and is hard to overcome.

The best way to defeat that negative recruiting is to WIN GAMES. Which is why many of our top targets have put their commitments on hold. They want to see the product on the field and if Pruitt is telling the truth that his team is going to do much better this fall than last fall. If the Vols win 7 or more games that negative recruiting talk will slow down and many of our top targets will join Harrison Bailey at UT. If we struggle and only win 5 or 6 it'll be just as tough or tougher next cycle. It's that simple.

Don't forget these kids (BJ and Gilbert) are top shelf talent being recruited by elite CFB programs as well. They have A LOT of options. And those other options are constantly in their ear saying stuff like, "Why go to UT, a program that has sucked for over a decade and is constantly in rebuilding mode, when you can come here and win NOW?!" That resonates with people and is hard to overcome.

The best way to defeat that negative recruiting is to WIN GAMES. Which is why many of our top targets have put their commitments on hold. They want to see the product on the field and if Pruitt is telling the truth that his team is going to do much better this fall than last fall. If the Vols win 7 or more games that negative recruiting talk will slow down and many of our top targets will join Harrison Bailey at UT. If we struggle and only win 5 or 6 it'll be just as tough or tougher next cycle. It's that simple.
We better win. Hopefully we can pull another AU type upset over Fl or GA. That MSU game is big too. Hate that they have a bye week before us.

Preach it!

If we beat Florida in the swamp, A LOT of questions will be answered early. If not we will have to grind the season out to 7+ wins before we see them get serious about us.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
We better win. Hopefully we can pull another AU type upset over Fl or GA. That MSU game is big too. Hate that they have a bye week before us.
We are going to win 7+. Everything is setting up for the Vols to be that underdog that no one will want to play. The defense is going to be nasty and relentless, creating a ton of turnovers and good field position for the O. Chaney is going to put up 30+ a game and turn JG into a Top Tier SEC QB. We'll end the regular season with a monster beatdown of Vandy in Neyland and go to a nice bowl. Pruitt will close out the 2020 class with a bang and finish Top 8. A handful of Vols will get drafted and this time next year we'll be in the discussion for winning the East. Headlines will read, "Is Tennessee ready to overtake UGA and UF at the top of the SEC East this fall?". That, my friends, is what's going to happen.

We are going to win 7+. Everything is setting up for the Vols to be that underdog that no one will want to play. The defense is going to be nasty and relentless, creating a ton of turnovers and good field position for the O. Chaney is going to put up 30+ a game and turn JG into a Top Tier SEC QB. We'll end the regular season with a monster beatdown of Vandy in Neyland and go to a nice bowl. Pruitt will close out the 2020 class with a bang and finish Top 8. A handful of Vols will get drafted and this time next year we'll be in the discussion for winning the East. Headlines will read, "Is Tennessee ready to overtake UGA and UF at the top of the SEC East this fall?". That, my friends, is what's going to happen.
Please!!!!!!!

Gilbert and Ojulari leaning elsewhere has nothing to do with them not wanting to play with Bailey. Gilbert probably would have already committed to UGA if Bailey didn't keep working him and convincing him to wait and see how Chaney's going to get the offense clicking. And Ojulari has always seemed to prefer UGA or LSU to UT, even though he has visited UT a lot.

UT started the race behind the favorites and has to keep trying to make up ground before time runs out. Bailey's helping us, not hurting us.

And it will all start when we take FL to the woodshed in Gainesville on national tv

Straight motivating! Someone give this man a soapbox. He on it today!

Reactions: VolDC
I'm not sure about Ron's assessment of our defense, but I do have hope that strength and conditioning will be a lot different given Pruitt's statement about only having 2 OL over 300lbs last year, and there are now 16 this year. Maybe we will get to really see how good Guarantano is, instead of watching him get murdered on every drop back.

Ehh..that's just an excuse. UT can sell them on not waiting until their 2nd and 3rd year to play behind other 5 stars. Playing resonates as much as past wins...especially if you can sell your vision and pathway to the NFL. UT has plenty of players in the NFL to use as examples. Right now, not all of this staff is all in on recruiting and it shows. Butch was able to land a top 5 class on nothing but BS....of course with BS, it eventually gets exposed.

VN Store

Back