GA tight end Miles Campbell has committed to Tennessee

Actually UGA didn’t offer, which is strange. But this could also shape up to be one of those stories where he makes it a point to come out swinging against Georgia for not offering.

UGA is in on the 4* kid out in CA and it appears he's got them at the top. Even though they recruited him, they may lean toward the other kid.

I'll lead with saying it's always a good thing to pull kids out of Georgia - build that pipeline. But...

Anyone else concerned our class is trending to be worse than last year's and we're almost full? Always happy to add a kid who picks the Vols over the mutts, but he actually brought our average class score down. Yes, I know stars aren't everything but that sounds like something B*tch Jones would say. Please someone tell me we have some elite talent coming to supplement this class or that we'll process kids at the end of the cycle.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I've always sort of liked GT under the whole "enemy of my enemy" theory, but there is absolutely no comparison between GT and us, they will lose that comparison everytime.
They did lose to the worst Tennessee team to ever take the field to play football in the history of the school.

I'll lead with saying it's always a good thing to pull kids out of Georgia - build that pipeline. But...

Anyone else concerned our class is trending to be worse than last year's and we're almost full? Always happy to add a kid who picks the Vols over the mutts, but he actually brought our average class score down. Yes, I know stars aren't everything but that sounds like something B*tch Jones would say. Please someone tell me we have some elite talent coming to supplement this class or that we'll process kids at the end of the cycle.
Please tell me you forgot the blue font.

Reactions: VetVol
nce, and they certainly didn’t make it any easier by losing two winnable games, but at least they are playing harder. The bowl season hangs in the balance on Saturday.
I've always sort of liked GT under the whole "enemy of my enemy" theory, but there is absolutely no comparison between GT and us, they will lose that comparison everytime.

I will say this for GT - remember that time they whipped Dan Mullen's Miss State team in the Orange Bowl? Beat them by 15 - more if you consider MSU's last score came in garbage time. That's the same season Miss St. was ranked #1 for a hot second and all the swamp lizzards claim that season was his "proof" of being a successful coach.

I choose to trust our coaches evaluations more than star ratings. Big kid. Big upside. Definitely a position we need for this class.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

no, i'm not concerned one bit. and i just wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

it's may and we have 22 commits. we have more commits than anyone in the top 50, we're 5 clear of 2nd place. and 2nd place is OSU.....lol.

there's zero chance we make it to december w/out attrition.....there are several very high profile adn top 200 type prospects we're in on.....more than what our current class size will allow to be signed when it's all said and done, so there's no way we don't see changes.

doesn't mean we'll get them all mind you, but there'll be room made for the ones we do.

last thing, this recruitng cycle, as far as ratings and rankings go, is just not normal because all the camps this spring and summer have been cancelled....so there's no additional evaluations being done by the services, just reviewing stats, Jr. film and any camps they did get to before everythign got shut down.

that probably doesn't mean a ton for the guys that are already rated inside the top 150-200...but for the ones outside it....yeah, it probably doesn't help them get noticed as much as htey would have. or even just going to a particular program's camp and earning an offer, that puts you on radar screens too. and none of it is happening. (personally, i think that's why you saw some of hte early offers and acceptted committments early on...an effort by the staff to get a few kids some notice, with an understanding that their spot may not be "secured"...but take the committment now, and that helps the kid find outher suitors along the way that may not have ever heard of him, or get services to rank the kid and give him an eval).

so i wouldn't fret one bit about ratings right now. our lowest rated kid, Isaac Washington is a kid that we re-recruited hard after he decommitted.....the staff loves that kid. by all accounts, everyone that's evaluated Miles Campbell raves about his athleticism, catch radius, strength etc....

anyway.....this class will wind up being a top 10 class when it's all said and done. maybe higher if we do land a few more of those big fish.....either way, we're going to put the 19, 20 and 21 classes back to back and i think by the time we get to 21 and 22 seasons, we're gonna look at these two classes and realize how good they were.....

tl/dr version........no, not concerned at all.

I will say this for GT - remember that time they whipped Dan Mullen's Miss State team in the Orange Bowl? Beat them by 15 - more if you consider MSU's last score came in garbage time. That's the same season Miss St. was ranked #1 for a hot second and all the swamp lizzards claim that season was his "proof" of being a successful coach.
Mullen is very overrated, I don't see why he gets all the respect he does. Jackie Sherrill did pretty decent at Miss State too. I think Pruitt will beat UGA before Mullen will.

This looks like one of those kids Pruitt will sign for the position he wants, but will end up playing another position. Bet he ends up as a stand up edge rusher....

Mullen is very overrated, I don't see why he gets all the respect he does. Jackie Sherrill did pretty decent at Miss State too. I think Pruitt will beat UGA before Mullen will.
I always thought Sherrill was brain behind Majors success. State not easy place to win. Believe Mullen beats UGA before Pruitt. Mullen more HC experience & better & deeper roster.

they're all "soft" on some level.

at some point, it should just be assumed that all committments are "at this time".....and always subject to change lol.

i'd still rather be the leader in the clubhouse, than one of the yahoos already finished sitting at the bar hoping everybody else fails....;)
Yeah, but these are his actual words:

“I’m not totally done until I sign,” he said. “Obviously, it’ll be directed more toward Tennessee. Right now, I’m thinking, yeah, I’ll probably take some visits. Right now, I’m thinking I could take other visits because I haven’t signed anything yet. It’s not official yet.
“But I’ll take my first visit to Tennessee when this is all over, so that might change.”

Tight end commits to Vols, likes 'everything about Tennessee'

Outstanding Commit at TE. He was at the top of TE board. Coach trust his evaluation over any recruiting services. Why can't certain fans trust as well.

Receiving film looks rediculous. Looks like an oversized WR running routes, catching, and making plays after the catch. If he bulks up 20# of muscle and has a willingness to block w/a mean streak, then watch out.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
They were in on him very early and were recruiting him hard so I can understand why they would be disappointed losing him - an instate at that. Ah well, thats how UT does a chop block ;)

Looks like he has an OV to GT next month, so we'll see. Better to be in the driver's seat for him IMO.

This looks like one of those kids Pruitt will sign for the position he wants, but will end up playing another position. Bet he ends up as a stand up edge rusher....

Don't we have like 11 of those already in this class. To my "don't quit your day job" eyes, this guy looks to have some serious mojo as a receiver and after the catch. Did I see where he was a QB as an underclassman too. If they can build him into a nasty blocker then we struck gold offensively IMO.

nope. My guess...and I think I am off 1-2 in either direction,...is that we will have about 6 guys who won't sign who are at the bottom of this class and will be replaced by guys at the top of this class. We will end up 3-5 ranking.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yeah, but these are his actual words:

“I’m not totally done until I sign,” he said. “Obviously, it’ll be directed more toward Tennessee. Right now, I’m thinking, yeah, I’ll probably take some visits. Right now, I’m thinking I could take other visits because I haven’t signed anything yet. It’s not official yet.
“But I’ll take my first visit to Tennessee when this is all over, so that might change.”

Tight end commits to Vols, likes 'everything about Tennessee'
Ok. He just said what every body already knows.

We're gonna have to keep recruiting committed players...I don't think that really ever changes.

I do think they learned some lessons with the Hardy deal last season.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back