'19 GA TE Sean Brown (Tennessee signee)

Sean Brown stands 6-foot-5 and weights in around 250 pounds. And the 2019 three-star tight end, committed to Tennessee since May, isn’t done growing.

“I’m about average size in my family,” Brown told GoVols247 on Thursday, “so it’s looking good.”

Where he could end up, though, is anyone’s guess. Including his head coach, Todd Wheeler, at Coosa High School in Rome, Ga.

“I could see him being an athletic left tackle,” Wheeler said. “I could see him blowing up. When you look at him, his upper body, it’s still underdeveloped. Sometimes that comes with maturity. They hit a grow spurt. I could see him being a big tight end, a 260-, 270-pound tight end, things like that.

“I could see all that stuff happening,” he added. “It’s going to be fun watching him four years from now, seeing where he ends up.”

As he continues working at tight end, the mental game will have to progress as well.

“I think his option routes, adjusting his routes based on linebacker coverages, things of that nature,” Wheeler said, “he's still growing and learning there. Blocking, he does a good job with his blocking.”

“He’s been a tight end because he can catch,” Wheeler said. “Has great hands, big hands. He’s always been able to catch the football. We always kept him there because he just fit the stuff that we did.”

“They’re getting a home grown, country kid,” Wheeler said. “That’s what you’re getting with him. Sean, he has a boyish mentality. His intensity is growing as a player, but he’s still just a great kid, an all-around American kid.

“No problem kid at all. He’s just a kid all the way around.”

- 247 (Ramey)

I hope the kid develops a mean streak before he gets to Tennessee. An athletic tight end, who weighs around 260, has got to have a mean streak. Big, mean and nasty. Just run over people. Can't wait to see these incoming freshmen wearing orange.

If these guys camped at UT and got a committable offer, they good. I don't know if this kid gets his 4th star but he would appear to be ready to break out.

Bump. What is everyone’s thoughts on him? When I saw McBride committed and the numbers tightened he was one of the first one’s I thought could get get the gitshirt. Also sounds like he is still growing and could take time to develop.

Bump. What is everyone’s thoughts on him? When I saw McBride committed and the numbers tightened he was one of the first one’s I thought could get get the gitshirt. Also sounds like he is still growing and could take time to develop.

No chance he gets the gitshirt imo

We are in desperate need of big TEs as the only one we have a roster is hoping to jump to the league next year. Huge need in this class.

No chance he gets the gitshirt imo

We are in desperate need of big TEs as the only one we have a roster is hoping to jump to the league next year. Huge need in this class.
Lowe and Brown are the two TEs they identified early, wanted, went after, and got. May be other TEs "rated" higher; but, Pruitt and Co got the two they WANTED. I agree, no way Brown gets the gitshirt, unless they identify another TE they want more, but I'm not betting on it.

Lowe and Brown are the two TEs they identified early, wanted, went after, and got. May be other TEs "rated" higher; but, Pruitt and Co got the two they WANTED. I agree, no way Brown gets the gitshirt, unless they identify another TE they want more, but I'm not betting on it.

Thanks. I have to admit I don’t know much about him. I am also curious on the backstory of why he doesn’t play for state powerhouse Rome? I mean you can throw a rock from one end of Rome to the other and he plays for the “other” school. Is Coosa private?

Thanks. I have to admit I don’t know much about him. I am also curious on the backstory of why he doesn’t play for state powerhouse Rome? I mean you can throw a rock from one end of Rome to the other and he plays for the “other” school. Is Coosa private?
It's not private. But it could be a better (academics), safer (maybe, idk) school, I'm not sure. Rome HS may be just a football school and nothing else, and Brown's parents wanted more than that. Again, just spitballing.

Rome is the city school for Rome where Coosa isa county school. It is located closer to the Bama border once you leave Rome. Coosa, West Rome ,East Rome all used to be 2A schools, in 92 they ahut down the Rome schools and made Rome high school. Coosa if i was to guess would be a 3 or 4a school.

Rome is the city school for Rome where Coosa isa county school. It is located closer to the Bama border once you leave Rome. Coosa, West Rome ,East Rome all used to be 2A schools, in 92 they ahut down the Rome schools and made Rome high school. Coosa if i was to guess would be a 3 or 4a school.

Region 7 - 2A

Three-star senior tight end Sean Brown of Coosa High School in Rome, Ga., told GoVols247 on Monday that he didn't play Friday night in his team's 34-32 loss to Chattooga High School of Summerville, Ga., because of a torn medial collateral ligament in his knee, and he expects to miss "about five more weeks" with the injury.

If you were a coach that has to win, would you take players with injuries like this?

VN Store

Back