'21 GA TE Miles Campbell (Tennessee signee)

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s down the list from the two in-state kids. That is, of course, unless someone knows something I don’t.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s down the list from the two in-state kids. That is, of course, unless someone knows something I don’t.
Going to be difficult just to land one of the two instate kids and if we miss on Beckwith next month we likely take 2 TE’s in 2021.

Visiting UT this weekend. Vols becoming a favorite...

"Tennessee is a school that really has my interest and I will be there soon," said Campbell. "It is a strong SEC school, they know how to use the tight end and I am starting to develop a relationship with coach Niedermeyer. "I am excited to get up there and learn more about the school."

With the offer, Tennessee has quickly moved up Campbell's list. He does not have a leader or even an order of favorites yet, but there are five schools that stand out. Other than the Vols, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Nebraska and North Carolina State currently top Campbell's list. The school he is most familiar with on that list is in Raleigh. Campbell was back at North Carolina State just over a week ago.

"I have visited North Carolina State three times now and I like it a lot up there. There is a lot I like, but I really like how genuine coach Goebbel has been with me since day one. He has always had great communication, he has been real and they have always let me know how many tight ends are leaving, how many are coming in and I just love how up front and real they are with me.

"How the coaches treat me and talk to me, more than anything, makes North Carolina State stand out." Staying in the ACC, Georgia Tech is just a short drive from home, so will location help the Yellow Jackets? "I was back at Georgia Tech last weekend and what stands out about them is the new offense they are running and the education," said Campbell. "Other than football and it being close to home, I know I can go to Georgia Tech and come out with a great education. Both me and my mom like that.

"Locations is nice, but that is not going to be a big factor for me. It is easy to get to though."
The schools on his list farthest from home are Michigan and Nebraska. Both are recruiting him hard. "Michigan is really like being back home for me. I am from Delaware, so I am from up north and I have family up there, so it would be cool to get back up there. Michigan is definitely high on the board due to family up there, but they have always had a good program too.

"I am definitely interested in checking out Nebraska. They have been great with communicating with me, so that makes them really stand out. I talk to coach Held a lot, and it is a different school in the midwest, they have history and I would like to see what the atmosphere is like there."

Campbell said official visits in the spring are likely, but none are set yet. He is hoping to have his mind made up by August. "Honestly I would like to get committed before my senior season so I don't have to worry about it, but I am not going to push it to make it happen," said Campbell. "I am going to keep taking visits, talking to the coaches and just see where I am most comfortable at. It will come down to comfortability for me. That is the biggest factor in my decision."

- Chad Simmons

This guy’s film is excellent. He would be this year’s 3 star to 4 star bump. Reminds me of the 5 star TE at Miami (Brevin?)

Reminds me of Jauan Jennings but developed further along than Jauan was at this point in his career. Whatever team I think gets Jennings in the draft is gonna put weight on him and make him a receiving TE (i.e Delanie Walker). That’s what Campbell is, he’s just further along.

The 6-foot-4, 225 pound tight end out of Douglasville (Ga.) South Paulding is up to 26 offers, and out of those offers, he had trimmed his list down to 11 schools. His mind was focused on 11 schools off his offer list. "Since I announced my plans to name my top 11, I picked up offers from Michigan State and Miami," said Campbell. "After those two offers, I decided to wait and not put out my top schools. "Those offers showed that other schools are still interest that haven't offered yet and are still evaluating me. "The virus pretty much had a big impact on this because now I have to fit lots of visits during the summer. With the new and incoming offers I do look to reshape my list and look to announce it possibly when spring is over or during summer."
"Making that list really came down to who I was comfortable with and the relationships I formed with coaches. The coaches have connected with me because of their honesty from the get go. I have talked to all about how I would fit in, their programs and they have been honest, genuine and just not sugar-coating things with me. Some of the schools that have built that bond with Campbell are Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Tennessee, Arkansas.
Campbell said the communication he has with each schools is "in the same ball park", but Georgia Tech, North Carolina State and Tennessee may be the ones recruiting him hardest day to day.
With the virus halting on campus visits, Campbell has not gotten out as much as he had hoped this spring. So far he has visited Georgia Tech and North Carolina State three times, Louisville and Tennessee twice and Florida State once. "The virus has messed my travel plans up," said Campbell. "I had planned a lot of visits. I was planning to be somewhere almost every weekend, then on spring break (April 5-11), I was going to spend that entire week visiting different schools. "Now, I have to wait until we can get back out and I am not sure when that will be. The virus definitely made a big dent in my plans. Hopefully I can work some visits in over the summer."
Although the spring plans have been put on hold, it likely will not effect his recruitment too much. "I am not pushing for a decision at all," said Campbell. "If I take a visit, everything was perfect and I knew I was ready, then I could commit, but I have really been thinking about making my decision right after the season. "All the visits I take are important to me, but I am not close to a decision. The ideal time for me based on how I feel right now would be for me to commit right after the season." Campbell's new plan is to trim his list at some point in the coming months. He is drawing a lot of interest from schools like Clemson, Georgia and Penn State among others, so as new offers come in, he will evaluate those as well.
-Simmons

VN Store

Back