'19 GA TE Jackson Lowe (Tennessee signee)

also set to visit this weekend is 4-star tight end jackson lowe. The vols have made the peach state native a key priority, with lowe building a strong relationship with brian niedermeyer and tyson helton. Lowe also connected well with 4-star ol commit jackson lampley during his visit in february, and the two will get to spend time together again on saturday.

- vq

Reactions: 8 people
looking nice with Wanya, Jackson, and Darnell

Time to close.

I want to get excited about Darnell, but I can't get past that interview where he compared Nick Saban to Jesus. He says nice things about us, but the way he talked about Bama was just a whole different level of effusive.

Love how things are coming together with positions of great need. I know we got to sign but love the talent we are on. :rock:

Ill go on record here...Done and Done. And I don’t see this one changing....

source.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Jackson Lowe has emerged as perhaps Tennessee's top tight-end target since getting a scholarship offer from the Vols in late January, and they hosted him Saturday for the second time in the past five weekends. They now appear to be the team to beat for him.

The three-star junior tight end from Cartersville (Ga.) High School told GoVols247 on Saturday night that Tennessee is his leader following his visit Saturday for the Vols' first spring practice in pads, and sources indicated that he could be ready to announce a decision in the not-too-distant future. I made a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction Saturday night for Tennessee to land the 6-foot-5, 242-pound Lowe, who made it clear the Vols again made a strong impression on him Saturday during his latest trip to Knoxville.

Tennessee still has plenty of competition for Lowe, with Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Penn State and Clemson also believed to be high on his list among the nearly 30 schools pursuing him. But he admitted after his visit with the Vols on Feb. 24 for their first junior day of the year that they were "very, very high" on his list, and with Tennessee now having emerged as his favorite, he could be moving closer to a decision.

New Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff has caught Lowe's attention by making him a high priority, with tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer staying in contact with Lowe on a daily basis. And the Vols have made it clear to him that he could have an opportunity to make an early impact on their offense.

Pruitt, Niedermeyer and the rest of Tennessee's staff also have gotten some help in recruiting Lowe from four-star Vols offensive line commitment Jackson Lampley of Nashville, Tenn. Lowe and Lampley have developed a close relationship over the past several weeks, and Lowe admitted he now hears from Lampley "every single day."

And it doesn't hurt that Lowe was born in Chattanooga, Tenn., and some of his relatives are Tennessee fans. He said he "was sort of a Tennessee fan" growing up, although he “never really paid much attention to college football when I was little” and moved to Georgia when he was 3. It all adds up to Tennessee now being in the driver's seat for Lowe, who is believed to be the Vols' top tight-end target in the 2019 class.

- Callahan, 247

Reactions: 14 people

VN Store

Back