• TE
  • HEIGHT 6-4.5
  • WEIGHT 220
  • HIGH SCHOOL Hart County
  • HOME TOWN Hartwell, GA
  • CLASS 2021
Cane Berrong, Hart County, Tight End

Cane Berrong, 2021 Tight end - Rivals

Visited UT this weekend and Vols offered. He's already got a big time offer sheet, should be one of the top TE's in 2021 class.

"They like my speed and my body control on film," Berrong said. "They like how I go up and get the ball at its highest point. I was coming to Gatlinburg with a friend and they told me to stop by for a visit and they offered me." Relatively new to the process, Berrong is learning to take it all in stride. Tennessee was his seventh offer and there will be many more to follow. He's just hoping to see the lay of the recruiting land before 'hopefully committing at the end of my junior season'. "I'm laid back with it," Berrong said. "It's all pretty new to me, but I'm just blessed with these opportunities and I'm trying to see as many schools as I can."

Tennessee's offense has plenty of knowledgeable coaches with tight end experience. Both tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer and offensive coordinator Jim Chaney know the position and plan to make it a big part of the offense moving forward. "I like coach Chaney and how he uses his offenses," Berrong said. "Watching the film of what he did at Georgia is impressive. I like coach Niedermeyer and he says they are going to use a lot of 12 personnel. I've always liked Tennessee so being up here to see it was awesome."

The Peach State product spent time with head coach Jeremy Pruitt, Chaney and Niedermeyer during his time on Rocky Top this weekend. He loved talking to Niedermeyer because that's who would coach him at the next level and that relationship is key. Tennessee landed two Georgia natives at the tight end position in the 2019 class with Jackson Lowe and Sean Brown both signing with the Vols.

"He's a real laid back guy," Berrong said. "He's got a really good personality. Obviously he knows what he is talking about. There was some stuff he was showing me on film that I didn't know. I was happy to learn some stuff today as well." During the course of the interview, Berrong pointed out that he's always liked Tennessee's program dating back to his youth. But why? "I liked them from when I was little because I liked their colors and I liked playing with them on NCAA," Berrong said. "Just the campus was nice. Gatlinburg is close. It's close to home and it's just a really good school."

-VQ

He's already planning another visit soon for spring practice.

Is he the mayor of Knoxvegas . . . maybe a distant relation? I can see his introduction video now; light show, fireworks and mysterious music blaring!!

GBO

This is a good kid. He and my son are good friends. we lived in that town for 16 years. His dad gets him around to a lot of camps and showcases. He was able to get an invite to some all-Star game in Texas this fall. It snowballed from there. Now he has 7 offers. All D1. Oddly, football is not his #1 sport. He's best at BB, then Baseball. Only he threw his shoulder out and gave it up. Prob why he moved from QB to TE as well.

(I'd love for my son to get an offer and enjoy that experience. He's a tough one, But plays at a small HS and doesn't have blistering speed. He got stuck on the OL out of necessity, but it got him on the field when he earned it. 5'9", 170 during playing season. 190 pounds now. Also a LB. Has to wear a brace now to play FB or Baseball. Got 2 Pars on his L4 missing.)

Wherever Cane decides to sign, they will get a good kid, that can play. (LSU, UGA, UT, Bama, Clemson, are 5 of the 7 offers. Visited Wisc, SoCar, & Miami as well.

That one kid in the pic has an UGA hat on. Surprised they let him in the building.

That's his little brother. Also a good player in baseball and football. that's there HS hat. Doesn't even look like a GA hat??

That's his little brother. Also a good player in baseball and football. that's there HS hat. Doesn't even look like a GA hat??
I have seen some UGA hats with that bulldog on it. So I just assumed it was an UGA hat.

It would take a D1 program for an upgrade in field and stadium from this HS. Brick field entrance and wall surround on stadium, with the brick archway player entrance.. Ditched the sod and put in turf 3 years ago. Not a huge facility, only Triple A school. But, very nice. TennTech has also offered one of the linebackers from Hart County.

Texas threw their name in the hat with an offer. He is now up to 19 D1 offers. Currently ranked the #1 TE, and 59th overall for the 2021 class.

Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back