'22 GA TE Bennett Christian (OSU commit)

“It was just so cool because, even when I was little, I was thinking, ‘Man, my dad played down there,’” he said. “One time we went back for a game, because it was some VFL thing, and he, like, ran through the ‘T’ again with a lot of lettermen and stuff. It was kind of cool seeing all that.

“It’s an electrifying crowd. I’ve been on the field a few times, actually, because my dad being a letterman, you get in the lettermen’s room right down on the field and a couple guys pull some strings. I’ve been on the field with (Tennessee) athletic director) Phil Fulmer. I’ve been right on the ‘T,’ actually, before the Georgia game. It’s something I’ve seen since I was little.

“It’s awesome. It’s a great place.”

“Everyone thinks, like, Tennessee is a lock deal,” Christian said. “It is, quote, unquote, my dream school. That’s the place where I always fantasized of playing, so it would just be so cool to actually do that. But at the same time, it is a business decision.

“I know, at the end of the day, I have to go where it’s best for me, where the best opportunities are at and where is best for me moving forward, even past college.”
callahan

Penn State got a commitment from another big-time TE so that explains what happened to that hat on the table. Our unsettled depth chart is our biggest advantage. Oz needs to match his coaching with his recruiting if we’re gonna get this phase of the team in line with the big dogs.

I hope we’re able to advance Osovet’s role to both his and the rest of the staff’s satisfaction. I championed him being on field almost from the beginning, but have to admit even I didn’t predict how fast he’s nailed the recruiting game. Got top prospects calling him a “great man”. That’s Larry Johnson level.

VN Store

Back