'22 GA TE Bennett Christian (OSU commit)

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
jxufduepcyjzsxwwhmnp

Allatoona
Acworth, GA
6'6

Rivals

Reactions: T Dog
He has picked up half a dozen offers, numerous schools have their eye on him and the sophomore is just starting the journey as a top recruit. His father Bill Christian played at Tennessee in the late 70s before heading to the NFL. He had a grandfather that played at Houston and an uncle that played at Penn State, so football is in the genes and this is a prospect to know in the Peach State. "Kansas offered me first, I picked up offers from Michigan State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, South Florida and Georgia Tech recently, and I have a couple more," said Christian. "I do not know too much about those schools yet." "I am talking to coaches from those schools once a week, trying to grow the relationships and it is awesome. I am starting to do research on each school too. I like what I see in the different schools."
"I did grow up a big Tennessee fan. I have been up there four times and I love how Neyland Stadium is on the Tennessee river, how the stadium is huge and it is just a beautiful place. I love the fans, it is always a great atmosphere and I love it up there. "I have been hearing from Tennessee and I would love to get the Tennessee offer. They see me as a complete tight end, so maybe they will offer me. It is an offer I really want, and I have liked Tennessee a lot time, but I am going to explore my options. Tennessee is a great school and I want that offer, but I am still going to look around." "I want to get out, I want coaches to see what I can do and I want see different places. I did not go a college game last year, so as soon as we can get back out, I want to do that. "I have been looking into the offenses that schools run, I have checked to see how schools the tight end and I am just interested in finding out more about schools. "I am excited to get back to normal and go through this process. I have been thinking about it a lot. My prayers is that all this passes over soon and I will be able to hit the road and start this process."
It is very early for Christian, and out of the schools that have offered, he is not too familiar with any of those. He is very interested in each, especially Michigan State and Nebraska. He is likely to take trips to each school when the ban on visits is lifted. Ohio State is the school he talked the most about. He has watched film with coach Wilson, he feels the Buckeyes are serious about him, and Columbus could be his first stop. Of course he has orange in his veins, and the Tennessee offer would be huge for him. His recruitment is going to take off as more schools get to see him in person. He plays in a very run-heavy offense, so he has not had the chance to show his receiving skills to many, so look for more offers to come his way once coaches see more of Christian.
-Simmons

Can I say want enough times to warrant his commitment that much more quickly? Want. Want. Want. Want.

“I hear from them about once a week,” Christian told 247Sports recruiting analyst Rusty Mansell of the interest from the Vols. “They say Coach Pruitt is sitting down to watch some 2022 guys here soon. When he watches me, hopefully that works out well.”

“Obviously he likes physical, old-school football,” Christian said. “So he loves physical players, which I am. There aren’t a lot of tight ends nowadays that are physical. A lot are more like receivers.

“I think, when he watches my film, he’ll like me because I’m more physical.”

His father, Bill Christian, played for the late Johnny Majors at Tennessee. What did the offer mean from the Vols?

“Obviously that means a lot, growing up a UT fan,” said Christian, who added that he’s been to “a good bit” of Tennessee football games over the years.

“At the same time, I’m not set on one school,” he said. “My options are always open. From the bottom of South Florida, all the way up to Washington and Oregon.”
g ramey

“I’ve been a fan of Tennessee since I was a child. It would be a dream-come-true type deal for me if I were to play there one day,” Christian told Volquest. “To do what my father did before me would be awesome. My mom cheered there, too.”

“I started talking with Tennessee back in March or early April. I have talked with [tight end] coach [Joe] Osovet just about every week,” he said. “But it was just a matter of getting coach [Jim] Chaney and coach [Jeremy] Pruitt to watch my film.

“After they watched my film, I got a call from Coach O saying they wanted to offer me.”

“Everyone thinks I’m going to commit to Tennessee quickly just because my dad played there and my mom went there,” he said. “I love it up there. I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember, but I’m going to make my decision for me when the time comes.”

“They said I’m one of the more complete and developed tight ends they’ve seen,” Christian said of the Vols. “I go out there and hit you in the mouth. I play a nice mixture in both the passing and running game. That’s mainly the feedback I’ve received from them – that I can do both well.
e.cain

VN Store

Back