‘23 GA SDE Victor Burley (Clemson commit)

Danny White is a very competitive person….. it’s what makes him so good…. A competitive person does not want less challenges bc it’s easier.
I'm speaking years down the road man.. not anytime soon. I hope he's a lifer here.

I'm not comparing them other than it is an easier job because they careless about football or baseball. Their fans don't go batshit crazy on Twitter, there isn't a huge media fishbowl like knoxville. I'm just saying that if he wanted a relaxing job and still make 1.5mil or more Duke would be the easy choice. 🤷🏻 I'm not saying he will go or even get offered the job.. So settle down and stop getting all antsy because I said Duke could possibly be a destination in the future for Danny. His father is a HOF AD and Danny is looking to follow up the act so far. Just happy he is in Knoxville right now.
He’s gonna be here a good while. We are all happy! Not worried about him going anywhere anytime soon! GBO!

His dad. Duke is an easier job and pays just as well.
I wonder how much that “easier” part enters the picture for some of these guys? Don’t get me wrong Tennessee has some obstacles that lesser ADs wouldn’t want to deal with, I doubt it was a huge consideration for White.

Reactions: HeadVol77
His inability to spell Oregon correctly makes me worry how well-spoken he is. Still want.
How does one even misspell Oregon like that these days with autocorrect? 50/50 chance of getting it correct. Organ/Oregon, he just said screw it and combined them lol

Just gotta say I love Coach Pruitt. He doesn't do gimmicks like the wearing yeezys to media day or claim Tupac as his favorite artist. He just coaches football and is a real dude. His players see it and they're buying in. Whatever this recruiting class winds up looking like the future is bright.
1650558224466.gif

Just gotta say I love Coach Pruitt. He doesn't do gimmicks like the wearing yeezys to media day or claim Tupac as his favorite artist. He just coaches football and is a real dude. His players see it and they're buying in. Whatever this recruiting class winds up looking like the future is bright.

Yea I remember saying the same things and then the talent never came and then we all found out why…

@Jack5151 be like....

image.jpg

One of the nation’s top defensive linemen is planning to return to Tennessee soon. Five-star Class of 223 defensive lineman Vic Burley of Warner Robins (Ga.) High School confirmed to GoVols247 that he’s scheduled to visit the Vols again the weekend of May 28 for a recruiting event that’s expected to bring a number of top targets to Knoxville.

The 6-foot-5, 276-pound Burley has been to Tennessee’s campus at least a handful of times since November 2019. He most recently traveled there Jan. 22 for the Vols’ first junior day of the year, visiting them for the third time in less than six months.

Tennessee’s former staff gave Burley his first offer in early December 2019, and the Vols have been one of the top contenders for him since then. On March 26, he named a top 12 that consisted of Oregon, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M, Michigan State, Florida State, Tennessee and Oklahoma. He posted April 15 on his Twitter account that he had removed Alabama and Oregon from his list of favorites and replaced them with LSU and Miami.

Burley is rated a five-star prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, where he’s ranked the No. 33 overall prospect and No. 4 defensive lineman in the 2023 class and the No. 2 junior from the state of Georgia. He’s also a top-25 prospect nationally in 247Sports’ rankings, where he currently has a four-star rating.

The lone prediction on the 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Clemson as the favorite to land him. The Tigers are widely believed to be among Tennessee’s main competition for Burley.

After his visit with the Vols in January, he said he has continued to give Tennessee strong consideration because of “just the love for this college.”

“Tennessee was my first offer, so they’ve just been there since the beginning — actually, since I started — and they’ve always been on top of recruiting me, too,” Burley said at the time.

He has a longstanding relationship with Vols defensive line coach Rodney Garner, who previously recruited him during Garner’s time at Auburn.

“Coach G, he’s just like talking to a family member,” Burley said in January. “He always gives off that family vibe to me and my family. He always greets us, welcomes us. Each time I’m on the phone with him, he always talks to my family and stuff.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back