'19 GA S Kwauze Pak Garland (PWO Commit)

"I got a call from player personnel," Garland said. "They said they had reviewed my highlights and asked me if I would be interested in a PWO. It was real easy to accept because I have insight through my brother of what's expected. I learned that if you're receptive to what the coaches have to teach and you go that extra mile, you're good."

Standing at 6-foot-2 and weighing in around 190 pounds, Garland said that which position he will play on head coach Jeremy Pruitt's defense has not yet been decided, but it's something Garland said he will let the coaching staff decide on, 100 percent. "As far as positions go, they haven't gone into detail,"Garland said. "I'm a dog, so wherever I'm needed, I can adjust on defense. I feel that I am blessed to have this opportunity. My overall goal is to show that I'm coachable and can catch on quick, not break and prove that I belong."

Heritage's Kwauze Garland accepts PWO with Tennessee, joins brother Kurott in Knoxville

Really like this pick up.

We saw last year where his older brother and Jordan young (all same HS) were all but ignored in the recruiting process. So the lack of interest from other schools might just be because of the school competition, and not necessarily skill level.

Nevertheless, impossible not to love this kids mindset coming it. Hope he balls out.

"I got a call from player personnel," Garland said. "They said they had reviewed my highlights and asked me if I would be interested in a PWO. It was real easy to accept because I have insight through my brother of what's expected. I learned that if you're receptive to what the coaches have to teach and you go that extra mile, you're good."

Standing at 6-foot-2 and weighing in around 190 pounds, Garland said that which position he will play on head coach Jeremy Pruitt's defense has not yet been decided, but it's something Garland said he will let the coaching staff decide on, 100 percent. "As far as positions go, they haven't gone into detail,"Garland said. "I'm a dog, so wherever I'm needed, I can adjust on defense. I feel that I am blessed to have this opportunity. My overall goal is to show that I'm coachable and can catch on quick, not break and prove that I belong."

Heritage's Kwauze Garland accepts PWO with Tennessee, joins brother Kurott in Knoxville
Love this guys mindset and drive. He will successful in life, football or not.

247 said he will letter this year? If correct, not bad for a walk on freshman, even if mostly on special teams.

Need @Devo182 to clarify but I am nearly certain they have to be here at least one full year and maybe two or they count against the 25

Unless it has changed recently, the rule was 2 years. I've found a couple articles about other teams awarding scholarships to walk on that referenced that rule. Still looking for more info though.

Reactions: RazzBury
Unless it has changed recently, the rule was 2 years. I've found a couple articles about other teams awarding scholarships to walk on that referenced that rule. Still looking for more info though.

Im thinking it was changed to one full year but there has to be waiver or something here. No way we just gave up 2-3 spots for this class

Reactions: Volator
Pruitt also mentioned in the video that the big OL Abercrombie who is a RS Freshman was placed on scholarship in the Summer. With this announcement, I have them at 79 currently on scholarship with only 10 seniors. Will have to be several more non seniors leave to bring in a full 25 in 2020.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Pruitt also mentioned in the video that the big OL Abercrombie who is a RS Freshman was placed on scholarship in the Summer. With this announcement, I have them at 79 currently on scholarship with only 10 seniors. Will have to be several more non seniors leave to bring in a full 25 in 2020.
No.

There was only 64 scholarship players before today.
Losing 10 SR. Moves that to 54.
Today = 57
85 limit...28 spots available sir...oops
27. Brandon Johnson RS.

No.

There was only 64 scholarship players before today.
Losing 10 SR. Moves that to 54.
Today = 57
85 limit...28 spots available sir...oops
27. Brandon Johnson RS.
That 64 or 66 or 69 number CJP and the media have been putting out to make it look like TN is down on numbers ... does not include current injured players or current players planning to redshirt. It is very easy to look up the players still on the team that are on scholarship. I have a speadsheet of them that I enjoy keeping up with. 79 is the number now with the 3 added on scholarship Yesterday.

Looking through the roster though, there are definitely several that are probably going to transfer, actually more than I would like.

That 64 or 66 or 69 number CJP and the media have been putting out to make it look like TN is down on numbers ... does not include current injured players or current players planning to redshirt. It is very easy to look up the players still on the team that are on scholarship. I have a speadsheet of them that I enjoy keeping up with. 79 is the number now with the 3 added on scholarship Yesterday.

Could you post it? The most current one?

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Could you post it? The most current one?
Seniors
1) C. Fils-Aime
2) M. Callaway
3) J. Jennings
4) T. Byrd
5) D. Anderson
6) B. Kennedy (may apply for 6th year)
7) D. Taylor
8) D. Bituli
9) N. Warrior
10) R. Lovingood

Juniors
11) J. Guarantano
12) T. Chandler
13) T. Jordan
14) J. Palmer
15) B. Johnson (Senior but is redshirting)
16) A. Pope
17) A. Craig (PWO given scholarship past Summer)
18) R. Johnson
19) M. Tatum
20) T. Smith (will probably go pro)
21) R. Locklear
22) J. Johnson
23) M. Butler
24) A. Solomon
25) J. Blakely
26) L. Bumphus
27) E. Gooden (Senior but is redshirting)
28) D. Johnson
29) J. Allen
30) T. Jackson
31) K. George
32) S. Shamburger
33) B. Buchanan (Senior but is redshirting)
34) B. Cimaglia

Sophomores
K. Hill * (not on scholarship now)
35) D. Gibbs
36) P. Fant
37) K. Calbert
38) J. Carvin
39) J. Mincey
40) S. Williams
41) D. Middleton
42) K. Bennett
43) S. Page
44)T. Flowers
45) C. Labruzza
46) A. Taylor
47) B. Thompson
48) P. Brooks
J. Doyle * (not on scholarship now)

Freshman
49) JT Shrout
50) B. Maurer
51) E. Gray
52) C. Tillman
53) R. Keyton
54) J. Means
55) I. Montgomery (PWO given scholarship yesterday)
56) J. Warren
57) J. Lowe
58) S. Brown
59) O. Lane
60) J. Lampley
61) W. Morris
62) C. Akporoghene
63) D. Wright
64) J. Abercrombie (PWO given scholarship past summer)
65) G. Emerson
66) K. Harris
67) E. Simmons
68) Ku. Garland
69) R. Harrison
70) Q. Crouch
71) JJ Peterson
72) H. To’oto’o
73) A Beasley
74) B. Davis
75) J. McCollough
76) T. Fields
77) W. Burrell
78) K. Solomon (PWO given scholarship yesterday)
79) Kw. Garland (PWO given scholarship yesterday)

VN Store

Back