'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

So VN don't be hating on me as I am about to drive to Daytona Beach,FL for a week. I heard the call of INvol that we aren't sacrificing enough to get these recruits and coaches we need so I am picking up that challenge. I will be recruiting while I am down there (tax write off for trip) and stealing any info on any team's playbook, injuries and start as many bad rumors about coaches and players I can. You guys can thank me later this evening when I come back. I will try to relax during my sacrificing trip. Have a great day VN see ya on "the wrecking as many as I can recruiting trip for TN sake" I feel the sacrifice hitting already. See ya sooooooooon.

Reactions: T Dog and Sleegro
Can’t keep this beast of the field. Defensive back field is going to be a strength this year!

Was at the game tonight, and tank really stood out. Seems to be a very physical and cerebral player.

Reid, Crouch, Gooden, and Solomon stood out to me on defense as well.

Can’t keep this beast of the field. Defensive back field is going to be a strength this year!

Was at the game tonight, and tank really stood out. Seems to be a very physical and cerebral player.

Reid, Crouch, Gooden, and Solomon stood out to me on defense as well.
I believe the defense is gonna be fine as well.

Don’t crucify me for this, but Tank kinda reminds me of a fairly legendary defensive backfield player by the name of Eric Berry. He seems to have a similar build, plays a very smart brand of football, is very physical, and can cover some ground like all good ball hawks do. Only time will tell, we will see

He is no Berry but still going to be a baller. Kind of makes me think of a healthy TK Jr as a freshman. Alontae is who could be another EB
No player will be a Berry but not because of their talent. Berry holds a lot of sentimental love by the fans. Tank ay too by the end of his college career. Now when it comes to his on field ability, he may end up being more productive. We probably need to wait until he plays at least 1 actual game in the season before minimizing his potential. I liked what I saw on the field today and he honestly reminded me of a Dale Carter type player. If that is the case we have a great one for the near future. I personally believe Carter is the best DB to ever play at Tennessee.

Don’t crucify me for this, but Tank kinda reminds me of a fairly legendary defensive backfield player by the name of Eric Berry. He seems to have a similar build, plays a very smart brand of football, is very physical, and can cover some ground like all good ball hawks do. Only time will tell, we will see
Brakes squeal

Stop it

Reactions: MDVols
Rivals article titled: True freshmen already making an impact on defense this spring

The skinny: Alabama, Florida State, Georgia and Auburn were all serious contenders at different times, but at the end it came down to Tennessee and South Carolina. McCollough ended that drama with a commitment to the Vols in mid-August. Progress was made in Jeremy Pruitt’s first season in Knoxville, but one area of the team that still needs improvement is the secondary. McCollough’s play during the spring may begin to alleviate that issue. He already has SEC size and athleticism, to go along with big-play potential that was showcased in the spring game with two interceptions. Expect to see plenty of McCollough on the field in 2019.

Farrell’s take: McCullough was a big safety coming out of high school who could cover a lot of ground and didn’t mind getting physical. His ball skills were solid and an early impact was expected, but his two picks in the spring game were a bit of a surprise. He looks like he’s going to be a big part of the defense this year.

-Mike Farrell

VN Store

Back