'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jay_mccollough2/status/950800689697099776[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
Feels great going after the boys (non-legacy) again. Feels like the old days

“My first impression was coach Pruitt came in and told the '19 class that he was coming after us,” McCollough said.

“He said they have to get back to Tennessee football. He's going to change things around.

“It was definitely a different vibe. I'm comfortable with coach Pruitt and coach Kelly. They were recruiting me at Alabama and FSU.”

McCollough admits he has always liked Tennessee as a school and acknowledged the arrival of some familiar faces is a good thing for the Vols.

“It helps a lot. It plays a big role. Tennessee has always been a good school. They added coach Pruitt, coach Kelly, and coach Tino (Sunseri). It helps your comfort level knowing coaches who have been recruiting.

“Tennessee has had a lot of young talent. Coach Butch (Jones) was a good coach. They just needed someone to come and develop the talent.”

For McCollough, there's plenty of time to make a decision. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound 4-star safety said he's being thorough.

“I have a year to go,” McCollough said. “My family and I are taking the process slow. Looking at schools, assessing who's the best fit. Playing early, education, coaching staff and who can help me be successful. I think coach Pruitt can do that.

“Hopefully, someone will stand out in the spring.”

McCollough said he plans on getting back to Tennessee in the spring and then will camp with coach Kelly this summer. McCollough wants to visit several other schools including, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Auburn, Florida State, and South Carolina.

“I do plan on getting back one more time spring, camp in the summer.”

“I'm looking for a place with great tradition, good academics, and great people,” McCollough offered. “It has to be a place that I can be successful at.”

-Hubbs

Reactions: 4 people
He said that Butch Jones was a good coach, not a developer of talent. I take that he knew that he couldn’t get it done. I think every recruit in the nation was starting to figure that out, and that was beginning to scare me the most, because recruits might’ve started pulling out more, and going other places.:hi:

Here is a little nugget. Most think Bama here but not so fast. UT has an ace card here. JM’s dad was with Charles Kelly at Jax St and have been friends ever since. Don’t look for Tn to be out of this one the entire way. Kelly is the reason JM was still considering FSU.

Good chance here for a Great player.

Pretty good read here on Jaylen. He’ll be an EE and plans to announce in the fall

https://volrecruitingnugs.wordpress.com/2018/01/20/jaylen-mccollough-discusses-top-7-commitment-plans-tennessee-and-more/

Last edited:
19 for '19: Vols early wish list

Defensive back is a common theme on this initial wish list. It's a big need for the class of 2019 given the lack of corners signed in 2018. It's also a good year for that position. McCullough is one of those standing at 6-1. Pruitt is no Johnny come lately with McCullough, as he offered him when he was at Alabama and has known him since he was a high school freshman.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Let’s see what giving these guys an entire year to recruit will do. Sounds like the Vols have something going here.

VN Store

Back