'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

Soooo…running the wildcat and getting standard reps as a true running back are 2 different things. Sooo, I stand by what I said. And AJ would have looked just as slow, as a running back trying to break long runs. But he had no problem playing linebacker, as his production showed us.
And if you watch high school film from both players, AJ Johnson was way more impressive as a linebacker than Whitehead. Also, speed is not the main determining factor of a good running back, but that's a whole different discussion.

Not sure why all the hate for Whitehead. Like others, I wish he could become a stud LB. UT needs him more there than RB.

But... as a 2nd year RB he had some good moments. As others suggested, he either needs to find a way to improve speed or else he needs to build some Earl Campbell legs and be a pure power back. UT could actually use one of those too.
Whitehead isn't really a second year if you consider he spent all of 2020 rehabbing from the injury he suffered his senior year. The kid worked his butt off to be able to receive playing time this season.

Not sure why all the hate for Whitehead. Like others, I wish he could become a stud LB. UT needs him more there than RB.

But... as a 2nd year RB he had some good moments. As others suggested, he either needs to find a way to improve speed or else he needs to build some Earl Campbell legs and be a pure power back. UT could actually use one of those too.
Push Whitehead to TE

I’m all for these “kids” having spending cash and totally GET their monetary value to universities and TV revenue … but something occurred to me the other day and this is a great example. The kid has JUST got into the program and he’s already advertising. No problem … BUT … at what point does NIL become a bigger BOOM focus for these kids than their FOOTBALL ? Not to mention, uh, classes.

Reactions: VolzMan53
Whitehead needs to either put on 15 pounds and be the short yardage go to guy, or move to LB and live in Banks’ shadow for the next 9 months

BUT … at what point does NIL become a bigger BOOM focus for these kids than their FOOTBALL ? Not to mention, uh, classes.
NIL is a big game changer and regardless which side one takes, it will change for better or worse, the landscape of CFB !
As for focus, I believe it will be evident in on field play just as it was evident which players helped change the White Sox to Black Sox many moons ago !

We will be much improved in short yardage next year, the line, the runners, we left way too many points out there for no 3rd or 4th down push

I hope you’re right. 4 starters on the oline and all the key backups being back is huge. Top 2 backs are back. TEs are back. And a QB who can make plays with his legs.

I have high hopes for our run game. James Robinson is another guy I’m hopeful for. Especially in short yardage

As excited as I am about Williams I’d at least let him go through some practices before crowning him starter.

Though I would not be at all surprised to see him and Small as 1a and 1b by the UF game.
That’s simply not how this works. He’s either a future Heisman winner and the best of all time or a complete bust and waste of scholarship by the spring game. Now you have to pick a side before then. No Pressure…

If Jaylen Wright was ready then this dude will no doubt be ready.

I mean the dude looks like every UGA rb from the last ten years and finally we got one lol He's Zamir White and James Cook
Jaylen wasn’t ready…. He got forced into action…. Can’t wait to see williams play.

VN Store

Back