'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

I'm so mad UT isn't pursuing him as a RB. I'm not gonna hold it against the coaching staff unless he balls out at RB wherever he ends up, but I just really like him as a prospect.

Bama offered him yesterday. 33 TDS so far this year and averaging 265 yards rushing per game. But he’s a corner. Smh

Yeah.
Easily a CB.

However in today's offense, he can be just as special as an offensive utility player.

Ok the offers came after. He is still committed to GT. Sorry that just seems odd for a guy who has offers from much better schools.

I am far from a homer so I try to give honest takes as a GT fan...Realistically Geoff Collins is a good recruiter and has put a great recruiting staff around him.

We have beat out some big time schools for commits this year.

Miles Brooks, Jalen Huff, Gibbs, Bryce Gowdy, Michael Rankins, Billy Ward, etc. These are guys that Georgia Tech wouldn't have landed in the past. This staff is going to be good recruiting...how good of a staff they are coaching is still TBD for me.

On Gibbs...He likes Collins but he really likes his position coach and main recruiter Tashard Choice. Choice also has a very good sell from his recruiting experience. On top of that Gibbs has a teammate and close friend that has accepted a PWO on spot to GT.

Will he stay committed to GT? I have no clue. But its no forgone conclusion that he won't either.

This kid needs to play offense at the next level. Can he catch? He could be a dangerous slot receiver.

He's not better than Gray was in HS. IMO, we need another big back.

View attachment 221022
POS: RB
HEIGHT: 5’11
WEIGHT: 194
HIGH SCHOOL: DALTON
HOMETOWN: DALTON, GA
RANKING (Composite): 425 ⭐⭐⭐

Jahmyr Gibbs, Dalton, All Purpose Back

Jahmyr Gibbs, 2020 All-purpose back - Rivals.com

Ran for over 400 yards and 8TDs in his opener

Runs VERY similarly to Alvin Kamara. Dudes got everything you want in a RB. He’ll probably be a high 4⭐️ By the end of his senior year. No offer from Tennessee yet but one coming soon, most likely. Just got his first big offer from USC this past weekend. With not really having the best luck at RB this cycle it wouldn’t surprise me to see us make an offer and push for a flip. Not to mention he only lives 2 hours from campus.

RECRUITMENT TIMELINE
-5/25/19 committed to Georgia Tech

tenor.gif

No we’ll take him as a RB now. He’s still holding that grudge. And I think he just doesn’t like Tennessee that much tbh

VN Store

Back