'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

Obviously has tons of talent but tough to evaluate against the level of competition. He ain’t no Eric Gray and doubt Pruitt is looking for another scat back type this cycle.

Teammate John Ross has accepted a PWO at Georgia Tech. This is the family Gibbs currently lives with as well.

Smart move by GT.

Can't hurt with Gibbs.

Dude said on his IG story last night that he’s not considering UT because they wanted him to play DB

Oh well

Last night against top ranked Harrison, Gibbs had 223 yards on 28 carries and 1 TD. 195 yards at the half as Dalton was down big and had to start throwing in 2nd half.

Two failed 4th and 1s in first half where Gibbs didn’t get the ball. Head scratcher.

Reactions: justwatch123
Of course CJP wants him as a DB. Every good RB or WR that comes in he tries to convert to the other side of the ball. With Gibbs balance and speed in and out of cuts he needs the ball in his hands.

Would rather lose out on him then he be an annual, agonizing yo-yo candidate. 😖

Reactions: SugarCC
If Pruitt wants this guy at DB? That's saying a lot.

Elite DB's much more valued in the NFL. RB's are a dime a dozen.

Watch this guy go elsewhere and switch to DB anyways.

Would rather lose out on him then he be an annual, agonizing yo-yo candidate. 😖
I'm with you. I would rather our coaches be upfront and honest about their intentions. Many if not most tell the kids whatever they want to hear to secure their commitment then do a 180 once they get a signature.

I'm with you. I would rather our coaches be upfront and honest about their intentions. Many if not most tell the kids whatever they want to hear to secure their commitment then do a 180 once they get a signature.
sometimes you just need to know where the prospect stands as well. i would imagine that there are converstations that are designed to see if it gets the kid to bolt. that, in and of itself, is good information to have. and sometimes the earlier you get that info, the better.....

i think coaches know when they're being slow played by a prospect, and likewise, prospects know when they're being slow played as well.

the difference between being good and bad in this thing is understanding when that's a good thing, or a bad thing, and when you should cut bait.....or stick it out.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If Pruitt wants this guy at DB? That's saying a lot.

Elite DB's much more valued in the NFL. RB's are a dime a dozen.

Watch this guy go elsewhere and switch to DB anyways.
DBs are drafted higher and have more longevity. The kid should do what he wants but I would at least entertain the offer and do some thinking.

Reactions: Pane di mais

Mississippi State did this w/ Marcus Murphy. Pruitt wanted him as a db & he was set to visit UT just before signing. Suddenly cancels & signs w State. He wanted to play rb. He plays DB

Reactions: Pane di mais
Teammate John Ross has accepted a PWO at Georgia Tech. This is the family Gibbs currently lives with as well.

Smart move by GT.

Can't hurt with Gibbs.
I thought John Ross died in 1866? Good chief.

Gibbs has been invited to the All-American Bowl, his ranking is going uuuupppp. Don’t see him sticking with Tech.

VN Store

Back