HEIGHT: 5’11
WEIGHT: 194
HIGH SCHOOL: DALTON
HOMETOWN: DALTON, GA
RANKING (Composite): 425 ⭐⭐⭐

Jahmyr Gibbs, Dalton, All Purpose Back

Jahmyr Gibbs, 2020 All-purpose back - Rivals.com

Ran for over 400 yards and 8TDs in his opener

Runs VERY similarly to Alvin Kamara. Dudes got everything you want in a RB. He’ll probably be a high 4⭐️ By the end of his senior year. No offer from Tennessee yet but one coming soon, most likely. Just got his first big offer from USC this past weekend. With not really having the best luck at RB this cycle it wouldn’t surprise me to see us make an offer and push for a flip. Not to mention he only lives 2 hours from campus.

RECRUITMENT TIMELINE
-5/25/19 committed to Georgia Tech

Well, this guy is as good as I’ve seen in awhile. As I’m watching, I couldn’t help but notice that he’s a clone of Kamara. (I read down the the page, I noticed the poster feels the same) He has it all. This is the guy we need.

Well, this guy is as good as I’ve seen in awhile. As I’m watching, I couldn’t help but notice that he’s a clone of Kamara. (I read down the the page, I noticed the poster feels the same) He has it all. This is the guy we need.
Watching this kid play he’s more Gray than Alvin IMO. But he has a chance to be special in college.

?

Chubb was already a top100 kid his Jr year. I’ll share a story on Chubb. My nephew was running state and they were in Dalton, Cedartown was there. I asked if Chubb was with them and they said yes as I wanted to see him run. 30 or so minutes pass and a young man comes to sit beside me waiting on their next event, it was Chubb.

We talk for a bit but then turns to recruiting. He was ready to pick a school. He wanted to take one more visit to each of his finalists. At this point, two team race and these visits were huge. Team A had his favorite player, a guy he admired and really looked up to and was probably the leader heading into the last visits. He just wanted to see and talk with the HCs, So, he travels there and when he arrives, that HC had made other plans and wouldn’t be able to meet with Chubb or his family. Team B had HC waiting with open arms and only him on campus. He told me that day he was going to commit to team B ‘in a little bit’. That track meet was in May, he committed in June.

Thank you Steve Spurrier, team A was South Carolina and his fav player was and is, Marcus Lattimore. I hope Spurrier at least broke par that day on the course.
My daughter met Chubb in track and was around him and his friend Israel Battle a few times. I went on the field in Carrollton at sectionals and stood next to Chubb and could not believe how huge he was.

Reactions: secking
?

Chubb was already a top100 kid his Jr year. I’ll share a story on Chubb. My nephew was running state and they were in Dalton, Cedartown was there. I asked if Chubb was with them and they said yes as I wanted to see him run. 30 or so minutes pass and a young man comes to sit beside me waiting on their next event, it was Chubb.

We talk for a bit but then turns to recruiting. He was ready to pick a school. He wanted to take one more visit to each of his finalists. At this point, two team race and these visits were huge. Team A had his favorite player, a guy he admired and really looked up to and was probably the leader heading into the last visits. He just wanted to see and talk with the HCs, So, he travels there and when he arrives, that HC had made other plans and wouldn’t be able to meet with Chubb or his family. Team B had HC waiting with open arms and only him on campus. He told me that day he was going to commit to team B ‘in a little bit’. That track meet was in May, he committed in June.

Thank you Steve Spurrier, team A was South Carolina and his fav player was and is, Marcus Lattimore. I hope Spurrier at least broke par that day on the course.
Remember there being questions about his completion. I know both received bumps late in the process. Guess Gurley’s was the big jump.

He is definitely a player. We need a big
physical back in our offence in the worse way. We need a back that can get that short yardage.

Looks like we still haven't offered... kid recently picked up offers from Southern Cal, Florida, and Ohio State... We need to get on it!!

My daughter met Chubb in track and was around him and his friend Israel Battle a few times. I went on the field in Carrollton at sectionals and stood next to Chubb and could not believe how huge he was.
And was still winning his heats

JMO but I’m not sold that Gray and Kamara are as similar as you think. Once again JMO. Kamara is just different. 😂😂
Well, I described how they were alike. Almost identical in size as freshmen, excellent receiving ability, both shifty and quick in and out of cuts and change of direction.

Feel free to expound on your theory how they aren't at all similar. I'm all ears.

JMO but I’m not sold that Gray and Kamara are as similar as you think. Once again JMO. Kamara is just different. 😂😂
Only time and opportunity changed the popular narrative on that. Read a lot of “not big enough to feature” and “no breakaway speed” mixed in with Hurd praise on here. @UT_Dutchman can confirm that we both were excited for Kamara and Kelly before the breakout A&M game. A FAQ on the board was “what have you seen that convinces you that anyone but Hurd can be a workhorse?” It’s our version of “did you go to Woodstock?” 😏

Well, I described how they were alike. Almost identical in size as freshmen, excellent receiving ability, both shifty and quick in and out of cuts and change of direction.

Feel free to expound on your theory how they aren't at all similar. I'm all ears.

Sony Micheal is similar build and size as those guys you named. With similar attributes are they the same too? Once again this is JMO. From seeing Gibbs play since he was 9-10 yrs old. He doesn’t remind me of Kamara at all.

Sony Micheal is similar build and size as those guys you named. With similar attributes are they the same too? Once again this is JMO. From seeing Gibbs play since he was 9-10 yrs old. He doesn’t remind me of Kamara at all.
Well, for starters, I'm comparing Gray and Kamara, not Gibbs (who I've never seen). You said Gibbs was more Gray than Kamara, but to me, Gray and Kamara are very similar players. I'm fine deferring to your opinion of Gibbs, whom you obviously know, but I stand by my opinion on Kamara and Gray being very similar. Saying Gibbs is more one of those than the other would seem like a distinction without a difference, to me, but that is entirely based on the idea that I think AK and Gray are a lot alike, and nothing to do with Gibbs, himself.

How tall is Eric Gray? 215 might be difficult for him to keep if he is 5’9”. Sony is just a hair under 6 so it’s easier to hold. Regardless of comparisons though Gray has NFL level vision and jump cuts especially in the trash.

Reactions: justwatch123
Th
Well, for starters, I'm comparing Gray and Kamara, not Gibbs (who I've never seen). You said Gibbs was more Gray than Kamara, but to me, Gray and Kamara are very similar players. I'm fine deferring to your opinion of Gibbs, whom you obviously know, but I stand by my opinion on Kamara and Gray being very similar. Saying Gibbs is more one of those than the other would seem like a distinction without a difference, to me, but that is entirely based on the idea that I think AK and Gray are a lot alike, and nothing to do with Gibbs, himself.
One thing Kamara does better than anybody I’ve ever seen is the ability to make his body go limp, making it impossible to wrap up or deliver consistent hits on. As well as his balance is on another level. Who knows though, Gray could end up just as good but for different qualities.

Th

One thing Kamara does better than anybody I’ve ever seen is the ability to make his body go limp, making it impossible to wrap up or deliver consistent hits on. As well as his balance is on another level. Who knows though, Gray could end up just as good but for different qualities.

Eric Gray reminds me a smaller and quicker Montario H. Even might develop a better spin move. The only similarities between Gray and Kamara is the look and build.

Th

like this?
goat.gif....JK

Yep---Kamara's balance and accleration is ELITE--also he so much stronger than people give him credit for.

Just wanna be clear. Out of high school Kamara and Gray are different. Ppl forget as a freshman at Bama Kamara would have been on the field had he not been in Sabans doghouse. Gray is gonna be a STAR. Just don’t think him and Kamara are comparable outside of size.

Are we comparing Gray to NFL Kamara or freshman Kamara?
Freshman Kamara. Well actually, more like rSO Kamara. And in no way am I comparing their respective ceilings or current ability. Just that they have similar builds, almost identical actually, and they have a lot of the same qualitites and skills.

Of course, when you compare a freshman to an NFL All-Pro, most people get defensive about it without considering context, so I applaud you for even asking the question. I'm certainly not trying to compare freshman Gray to a 3rd year All-Pro NFL RB in terms of ability or ceiling. Just size and RB traits/skills.

Just wanna be clear. Out of high school Kamara and Gray are different. Ppl forget as a freshman at Bama Kamara would have been on the field had he not been in Sabans doghouse. Gray is gonna be a STAR. Just don’t think him and Kamara are comparable outside of size.
Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

VN Store

Back