'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

He looks electric but that defense looks pretty weak. Anybody here with some insight regarding his competition?
I am from Dalton, don't live there anymore, but I'm not too far away. Dalton plays some pretty good competition. 2 years ago they almost knocked off Harrison in a 26-28 loss, which had the nation's #1 QB in Justin Fields. Ringgold on the other hand is usually pretty bad. Dalton puts out some d1 talent every once in awhile. UT has had quite a few players from Dalton. 5* OG Sean Young was from Dalton, but didn't play for Dalton high. His brother played for UGA. Jordan McKinney from Dalton plays for UGA. Cameron Mayo was from Dalton. His dad(Bill Mayo) played for UT and coaches at Dalton. Some of you older folks may remember a Ricky Townsend, he was a punter for UT that used to kick barefooted. Think he was the first to do so. He also was from Dalton. But yeah, Dalton has and plays against good competition.

Former student and athlete of mine at Dalton Middle School. He's an even better kid than football player. All around athlete with attitude, leadership, and character. If we could land him, we'd be getting an incredible athlete and person. Top notch kid!

Ricky Townsend was from Dalton. In high school he was a quarterback, but at Tennessee he was a placekicker, not a punter.

Reactions: RollerVol
I am from Dalton, don't live there anymore, but I'm not too far away. Dalton plays some pretty good competition. 2 years ago they almost knocked off Harrison in a 26-28 loss, which had the nation's #1 QB in Justin Fields. Ringgold on the other hand is usually pretty bad. Dalton puts out some d1 talent every once in awhile. UT has had quite a few players from Dalton. 5* OG Sean Young was from Dalton, but didn't play for Dalton high. His brother played for UGA. Jordan McKinney from Dalton plays for UGA. Cameron Mayo was from Dalton. His dad(Bill Mayo) played for UT and coaches at Dalton. Some of you older folks may remember a Ricky Townsend, he was a punter for UT that used to kick barefooted. Think he was the first to do so. He also was from Dalton. But yeah, Dalton has and plays against good competition.

I thought Sean Young was from Northwest? I could be wrong but that was around the time I was in school and was thinking it was Northwest Whitfield he played for....

Reactions: JacketVol and VOLED
He’s good. But he’s much more like Le’veon than AK. He’s a one cut and get vertical type of guy. Hope we offer.
Your comment reminds me of something that Tony Dorsett said one time about Johnny Majors. Said that when he first got to Pitt, Majors pulled him to the side and told him you have a real good Juke there, but try doing it only once. That became dorsett's style for the rest of his life.

Reactions: RollerVol
Balance, vision and acceleration! The kid is a smooth runner. This will be one worth keeping an eye on.
GBO!!

Creative runner... lots of times fast guys just explode out of holes in predictable fashion, take what's there and go down... not this one... lots of footage here that I honestly had no clue where he was going next... fastest kid on the field, nasty cuts, not afraid of contact... I'd worry about ball security with players with this kind of "never go down without a fight" mentality at the next level (tend to get stood up while a second guy pops the ball out), but if the staff is looking for another RB, I'd be excited to have this one on roster

View attachment 221022
POS: RB
HEIGHT: 5’11
WEIGHT: 194
HIGH SCHOOL: DALTON
HOMETOWN: DALTON, GA
RANKING (Composite): 425 ⭐⭐⭐

Jahmyr Gibbs, Dalton, All Purpose Back

Jahmyr Gibbs, 2020 All-purpose back - Rivals.com

Ran for over 400 yards and 8TDs in his opener

Runs VERY similarly to Alvin Kamara. Dudes got everything you want in a RB. He’ll probably be a high 4⭐️ By the end of his senior year. No offer from Tennessee yet but one coming soon, most likely. Just got his first big offer from USC this past weekend. With not really having the best luck at RB this cycle it wouldn’t surprise me to see us make an offer and push for a flip. Not to mention he only lives 2 hours from campus.

RECRUITMENT TIMELINE
-5/25/19 committed to Georgia Tech

I Live near Dalton, this Kid has an incredible story, whom ever gets him is getting special player.

Compare his highlights to these highlights. No clue on the difference in competition. Just the running style, size, and agility. Also, both look to run good routes when lined up out wide. Just who popped in my head when watching the Gibbs highlights. Not saying he's on the same level by any means. Just his style reminded me of this.

To me when I watch his videos the two that pop into my head first are Josh Dobbs and Alvin Kamara . He has that elusiveness they both have when they carry the ball and the agility to make quick stops , starts and cuts at almost the perfect time to make people miss . He’s one of those kids I’d love to give a scholly to and just make sure he gets a chance to carry the ball 5-10 times a game .

Reactions: FïreBall
Dalton HS's offense is super run heavy. Not sure on his top end speed but the guy seems really shifty.

From working in Dalton, if UGA offers he'll have alot of pressure to go there. But I'd say there's more Tennessee fans in Dalton than Tech fans so a flip seems possible.

VN Store

Back