HEIGHT: 5’11
WEIGHT: 194
HIGH SCHOOL: DALTON
HOMETOWN: DALTON, GA
RANKING (Composite): 425 ⭐⭐⭐

Jahmyr Gibbs, Dalton, All Purpose Back

Jahmyr Gibbs, 2020 All-purpose back - Rivals.com

Ran for over 400 yards and 8TDs in his opener

Runs VERY similarly to Alvin Kamara. Dudes got everything you want in a RB. He’ll probably be a high 4⭐️ By the end of his senior year. No offer from Tennessee yet but one coming soon, most likely. Just got his first big offer from USC this past weekend. With not really having the best luck at RB this cycle it wouldn’t surprise me to see us make an offer and push for a flip. Not to mention he only lives 2 hours from campus.

RECRUITMENT TIMELINE
-5/25/19 committed to Georgia Tech

He’s good. But he’s much more like Le’veon than AK. He’s a one cut and get vertical type of guy. Hope we offer.

Reactions: LittleVol
He looks electric but that defense looks pretty weak. Anybody here with some insight regarding his competition?

He looks electric but that defense looks pretty weak. Anybody here with some insight regarding his competition?

Overall Dalton plays legit competition. That Ringgold team is just not good at all. I think they play Northwest this week which is a rivalry game but from what I hear this year is a weak Northwest Whitfield team. Lots better competition for evaluation later on in season. Alot of folks locally are looking for even better stats for Gibbs against the Northwest Bruins this week.

Overall Dalton plays legit competition. That Ringgold team is just not good at all. I think they play Northwest this week which is a rivalry game but from what I hear this year is a weak Northwest Whitfield team. Lots better competition for evaluation later on in season. Alot of folks locally are looking for even better stats for Gibbs against the Northwest Bruins this week.
Good info, thanks. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain big time production later in the season then. Certainly seems like the type of speedy compliment to TH that Chaney has been wanting.

Real easy kid to root for. @secking put out a article in the Marvin Scott thread. Go read please. Known the kid his whole life. Very proud of him.
If the article is about this guy, someone should post it here. I don't go in that thread and don't wanna search for it.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
If the glowing remarks in the story are accurate I think he probably has that fire and needs to be wearing orange. Georgia Tech is a good school but I think he'd play better in orange.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
Compare his highlights to these highlights. No clue on the difference in competition. Just the running style, size, and agility. Also, both look to run good routes when lined up out wide. Just who popped in my head when watching the Gibbs highlights. Not saying he's on the same level by any means. Just his style reminded me of this.

VN Store

Back