'20 GA RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Bama Commit)

Jabari Davis was a good short yardage back. That doesn't mean we wouldn't have been better off with Cadillac Williams in that class.

But like I say, I hope I'm wrong on the coaches' evaluations of Gibbs and Hodge. Because Gibbs looks night and day better. Against much better competition.
Much better competion? Dalton got blown out by the only good team they played Dacula.

Probably. And his film looks pretty good. Just not as good as Gibbs’. But comparing Gibbs to Hodge is like comparing The Beatles to The Monkees.
I like the Monkees. Using your Beatles v Monkees analogy I’d go with the coaches liked the Beatles and wanted to sign them, but John and Paul decided they would only play Bro Country.

Reactions: SCRocket
If they passed on this kid, but took Hodge, I’m concerned about their RB evals. But hopefully, they end up being right. Gibbs looks light years better than Hodge and better than Small.

The staff had a specific agenda. Yes they took Small. But it can assumed that they do have a plan for a player like him, and he was the key to Omari Thomas. With that in mind, look at the other two RBs they took 6'1 225 and 6'2 230. That was "filling the need"
They dont want to keep pulling Crouch over to offense to convert a 3rd and short.

They didn't really want Small but they took him. Gibbs is a completely different style of RB than Hodge ot Whitehead
So they didn't want him.

Gibbs probably outrushes them in his college career, but the staff had a specific goal and Gibbs wasn't a fit. So it's not about who's "better ". It's about fit..

The staff had a specific agenda. Yes they took Small. But it can assumed that they do have a plan for a player like him, and he was the key to Omari Thomas. With that in mind, look at the other two RBs they took 6'1 225 and 6'2 230. That was "filling the need"
They dont want to keep pulling Crouch over to offense to convert a 3rd and short.

They didn't really want Small but they took him. Gibbs is a completely different style of RB than Hodge ot Whitehead
So they didn't want him.

Gibbs probably outrushes them in his college career, but the staff had a specific goal and Gibbs wasn't a fit. So it's not about who's "better ". It's about fit..

LittleVol... signing off from inside the minds’ of UT’s staff.....

LittleVol... signing off from inside the minds’ of UT’s staff.....

You can say that, or just listen to what Pruitt said himself. Or just notice a trend when you see it. No coincidence they have two power runningbacks now.

Banks couldn't hold on to the ball.
They tried Fant at RB.
They had to resort to Crouch a LB...a guy they promised to let play LB, for short yardage stuff.

Don't need to be an insider to see what their goals were and have been for a while.
But thanks anyway....

Last edited:
Allatoona was a good team that beat Dalton and they made it to the State Championship Game. Jahmyr Gibbs ran for 166 yards against Dacula.

He ran the ball 23 times. 125 yds came off 2 carries. The Edward's kid for Dacula was the best back that night. Gibbs is a good back but in my opinion after watching Hodge and Gibbs both play I would rather have Hodge who fits the bill for what we need now.
It's obvious for those who think Dalton plays teams better than Maryville knows little about Ga. teams around Chattanooga.
Alcoa would mercy rule Dalton and look what Maryville did to them and Hodge didn't even play against them. I have had ties to the Dalton program for years and if anything I would be pulling for a player from their.

Last edited:
He ran the ball 23 times. 125 yds came off 2 carries. The Edward's kid for Dacula was the best back that night. Gibbs is a good back but in my opinion after watching Hodge and Gibbs both play I would rather have Hodge who fits the bill for what we need now.
It's obvious for those who think Dalton plays teams better than Maryville knows little about Ga. teams around Chattanooga.
Alcoa would mercy rule Dalton and look what Maryville did to them and Hodge didn't even play against them. I have had ties to the Dalton program for years and if anything I would be pulling for a player from their.
Great post and dead on the money.

Dalton plays in 6a football and it has been down every since they made 7a few years back. Not saying the dude isn’t good though.

Gibbs is really good and this competition argument can go for MANY teams with kids we signed or have yet to sign. Competition is overrated if your not in 7A football (Georgia). I mean hell Tank is rated extremely high and I think his school is 2A. Point being Gibbs is an All-American for a reason. It’s the same region Trey Sermon and Justin Fields came from. We’re not signing Gibbs so at the end of the day none of this matters. Kids tape is UNREAL. There isn’t a RB this cycle with better film than Gibbs. PERIOD.

Nah...

Maryville never plays out of state teams. Alcoa does. The private schools do. Not Maryville. So they can't really speak on that.

As far Alcoa or Maryville by extension "mercy ruling" Dalton? No...
Hell no. Dalton lost 42-21 to a 15-0 Harrison team that won state in Georgia.
Dalton finished 7-4 in 7a of Georgia.
I'm not sure they could beat them period much less Mercy rule them.

Chattanooga McCalie beat a North Georgia team in West Forsyth by 10 points. McCalie beat Ensworth and Brentwood Academy enroute to a State Championship. West Forsyth was not as good as Dalton.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Nah...

Maryville never plays out of state teams. Alcoa does. The private schools do. Not Maryville. So they can't really speak on that.

Chattanooga McCalie beat a North Georgia team in West Forsyth by 10 points. McCalie beat Ensworth and Brentwood Academy enroute to a State Championship. West Forsyth was not as good as Dalton.
West Forsyth went 4-6

So they didn't want him.

I don't think you turn down a talent like Gibbs, unless there is some off field stuff.

I don't buy the "he doesn't fit" it's the go to excuse when they were not coming here anyway

Nah...

Dalton played in 6a not 7a there is a big difference. They played in one of the weakest classification this year. Buford 5a, Cedar Grove 3a, Blessed Trinity 4a and Marietta 7a would have put a running clock on them and not saying they could beat ELCA private 1a. I think they could beat West Forsyth for sure.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back