'20 GA RB Daijun Edwards

"I am still hoping to visit Tennessee this summer. I just haven't been able to get up there yet, but I will. They have really been on me about taking a visit.

"I know they work hard, almost all the coaches are recruiting me and they make me feel important. Coach Johnson and coach Jeremy Pruitt talk to me a lot.

"I know some players up there that came from here too and they all say good things about it. They have been recruiting me really hard and I will take an official visit up there for sure."

Here's the full article...

A couple of months ago, it looked like Daijun Edwards was completely focused on SEC schools, but a school in the ACC has jumped in the race and they are recruiting him harder than anyone at this time. He was just in Tallahassee with his team for a 7-on-7 at Florida State, but the staff made sure they had some one-on-one time with the four-star running back out of Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County.

"Florida State has really been recruiting me hard," said Edwards. "They are recruiting me the hardest right now. I played in the tournament with my team, but in between things, I got to spend time with the coaches, talk with them some and just learn more about Florida State. "I have been down there twice now and they are one of my top schools. They are close to home, they have some good coaches and I feel they have something going on there. "They have made me feel important and they all liked how I played in front of them. I know I will take an official visit."

It looks like the Seminoles are up against three in the SEC. Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee are the other schools Edwards said are high on his list. He has visited Athens and the Plains this summer, but has still not taken a visit to Knoxville. That is coming.

"I am still hoping to visit Tennessee this summer. I just haven't been able to get up there yet, but I will. They have really been on me about taking a visit. "I know they work hard, almost all the coaches are recruiting me and they make me feel important. Coach Johnson and coach Jeremy Pruitt talk to me a lot. "I know some players up there that came from here too and they all say good things about it. They have been recruiting me really hard and I will take an official visit up there for sure."

At one time, the in-state school held the lead for Edwards. The Bulldogs are still in the mix for Edwards, and he has a good connection with running backs coach Dell McGee. "I am always in communication with coach McGee," said Edwards. "I like him a lot and we have known each other for a while. He has been recruiting me for a couple of years now. "i was back up there a few weeks ago and I got some good time with the coaches. They talked to me about their depth charts and how I don't need to worry about that. "I have always liked Georgia. I have been there a lot, so I am comfortable with them."

Edwards said Auburn is not recruiting him quite to the same level as the other three at this time, but the Tigers are still in his top four. "I have a great feel for Auburn. I have been there four times and I like the calm setting over there. They use their backs well, they always have good backs and I just like it over there. "They have been coming pretty hard, but not like Florida State, Tennessee or Georgia. I am going to get back over there during the season though and see how it goes."

The plan is that Edwards will take official visits to these four schools in the fall, then make a decision late in the season. He said he is confident that he will either be a Tiger, Seminole, Bulldog or Volunteer when he signs in December. "I know I will pick one of these four schools and I do not see that changing," said Edwards. "I just want to take my visits and find the schools I have the best feeling at and go where the situation is best for me at."

-Chad Simmons

I think this is the other RB we get. Good fit for our scheme, and could compliment Hodge very well. Won’t look huge because he’s probably a 3⭐️ By signing day but regardless he has a ton of talent

I think this is the other RB we get. Good fit for our scheme, and could compliment Hodge very well. Won’t look huge because he’s probably a 3⭐️ By signing day but regardless he has a ton of talent
He should stay as a 4 star but low 4/high 3 is splitting hairs anyway.

Reactions: VOLUNTEERSZN
fell 25 spots to 204 in rivals250
Vol lock!

Kidding.

Sort of.

But I would love to have this kid. Plays well in traffic and rarely goes down on first contact. I’m guessing he doesn’t have super-speed and that’s why he’s down somewhat on the rankings.

Looked to see who else he is interested in besides FS. He has GA and TN listed so went to check out how many RBs GA has. Was totally shocked that they only have 4 of their 16 commitments from GA. With everyone raiding GA they have went out of state to get more..

Looked to see who else he is interested in besides FS. He has GA and TN listed so went to check out how many RBs GA has. Was totally shocked that they only have 4 of their 16 commitments from GA. With everyone raiding GA they have went out of state to get more..
Good catch...never noticed! Sure they’ll even that out in their last 9.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If we’re looking for a back of this size and skill set I say push for Small...he looks to have a similar talent level as Edwards and it helps us lock up Thomas IMO...”two for one’s a good deal...even a treehugger knows that”

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back