'21 GA RB Cody Brown

So does this makes sense for all parties ? Or are we gonna be pissed and say that we didn’t really want him anyway because he wasn’t a good fit?
yeah. it is. i'm not getting in to the debate over what the previous staff's intentions were....cause it doesn't matter now. but for this offense, with this staff, he's not the type they typically would want.

Eric Gray...would have been a nice fit. the good news, we do have a relatively deep rb room with some guys that can and do fit with this style of offense.

and immediately, that frees up another spot on the 85 that we can maybe use to fill a need on defense via transfer. we'll have to see about getting a waiver or something to get that initial qualifier spot back, but that, i'm assuming, can be done later. would be nice to put that in our back pocket for the next cycle.

I don;t think anyone's pissed. He really is a bad fit, and we need his spot for LB, OL, CB etc... everyone wins

I agree that he looks like a bad fit and I think we really need to address those positions of need.

yeah. it is. i'm not getting in to the debate over what the previous staff's intentions were....cause it doesn't matter now. but for this offense, with this staff, he's not the type they typically would want.

Eric Gray...would have been a nice fit. the good news, we do have a relatively deep rb room with some guys that can and do fit with this style of offense.

and immediately, that frees up another spot on the 85 that we can maybe use to fill a need on defense via transfer. we'll have to see about getting a waiver or something to get that initial qualifier spot back, but that, i'm assuming, can be done later. would be nice to put that in our back pocket for the next cycle.

That’s why I hate the fact Gray left, he would’ve been a great fit. For that matter, Chandler would be too. UNC’s system isn’t that much different than we‘re gonna be running now.

I do like to have a big back to be a counter to the quick backs we’re going to have, but hopefully Evans at around 215 and Hodge can run effectively between the tackles.

Since we released him from his NLI, do we get his spot back for the recruiting class? If so, it just means another transfer can be added.

People assume that power backs don't fit in Heupel's offense because he used little scat backs at UCF. But in reality, power backs have done very well in his offenses. He only had one back over 200 pounds to work with at UCF, and that guy was barely over weighing 202. He is now in the NFL. Heupel is able to fit his offense around his personnel. The problem with Cody Brown is that he regressed his senior year. Watch his junior highlights compared to his senior highlights. He appears to have been a couple of steps slower. This was a concern with coaches around the country. I wish the kid the best of luck. I really liked him.

I agree that he looks like a bad fit and I think we really need to address those positions of need.

That’s why I hate the fact Gray left, he would’ve been a great fit. For that matter, Chandler would be too. UNC’s system isn’t that much different than we‘re gonna be running now.

I do like to have a big back to be a counter to the quick backs we’re going to have, but hopefully Evans at around 215 and Hodge can run effectively between the tackles.
yeah, i think you have to have a big back in this league just because of hte defensive fronts you're gonna face. and it allows you to be more multiple offensively.

no idea what they're going to do with Dbeck but, from his limited action that we got to see last year at RB, he looked like one of those dudes Bama has had running for them forever. so, long story short, i think we have options, despite the recently departed.

Reactions: onevol74
I am curious as to where he will land.
May try to give that team a watch, assuming they aren't playing while the Vols are on.
Of course, their is dvr.

Missouri didn't even decide to take him. Geez, that ain't good. Everything I saw from the kid during his recruitment showed that he is a great young man. I hope he is very successful at Miami. It will be easier to root from him with him not in the SEC.

Missouri didn't even decide to take him. Geez, that ain't good. Everything I saw from the kid during his recruitment showed that he is a great young man. I hope he is very successful at Miami. It will be easier to root from him with him not in the SEC.
Probably got wind that Sam Horn is flipping to Tennessee....conspiracy theorists of the world unite!!!

Reactions: Maxwell865

VN Store

Back